Home

Question: Stealing Tech?

abcdow

As soon as the game indicated I could steal Tech from the Imperials, I took those Droids out and stole all I could. It got me to Level 3. Now the steal slot no longer appears, despite getting reminders from the game that I can steal Tech.

I am playing the campaign game and have completed all missions up to and including Atzerri, and intend on conquering the planet before I rescue Han Solo. I have also conquered every planet available so far except Bestine and Endor. I would really like some more Tech as the air speeders and Mon Cal Star Cruisers would really have come in handy during some battles against very difficult foes such as Imperial class Star Destroyers, AT-AT's, and Level 5 Space Stations.

When will I be able to use those Droids again for the steal option?

When will the steal option return?

(Sorry, :cry7: for any spoilers, I didn't know how to hide things)

Thanks, abcdow

Yeah, there seems to be a problem with that reminder. I was playing a campaign game where the reminder started popping up after I had already reached maximum tech and conquered most of the galaxy. And it kept repeating till the end of the game.

Edit: This was with version 1.03, so shouldn't this be moved to the 1.03 patch problem thread above?

You can also turn those hints off by clicking on the droid's head and unchecking the "enable droid hints" box. Unfortunately, the setting on this option is on by default and is reset every time you begin a new game.

The campaign missions set limits on the tech level you can achieve in each mission.

so when do i get the Mon Calmila (SP?) cruiser? i totally love that cruiser in Galactic conquest mode

That's a tech-level-4 unit. So you won't get it until around mission 10 or 11 in the campaign. Unfortunately.

Unlike in a conquest game, in which they can steal right up to tech-level-5, 3PO and R2 only steal tech in a campaign game up to I think level-3...after that it's up to the campaign itself to "reward" you with tech advances.

Probably to maintain game balance. I don't think the campaign would be ready for you to have Mon Cals by mission 8. :)

That's a tech-level-4 unit. So you won't get it until around mission 10 or 11 in the campaign. Unfortunately.

Unlike in a conquest game, in which they can steal right up to tech-level-5, 3PO and R2 only steal tech in a campaign game up to I think level-3...after that it's up to the campaign itself to "reward" you with tech advances.

Probably to maintain game balance. I don't think the campaign would be ready for you to have Mon Cals by mission 8. :)

Thanks, for all the replies, however this is the answer I was looking for :thmbup1: !!

abcdow

u can only get the mon cal cruisers on the penultimate mission, after u get han and chewie to steal the schematics of that planet they go onto, by themselves!, (i found this mission very hard), then you also get ackbar and home one, this is only if you have taken mon calamari, otherwise you cant have your cruisers.

Archived