Home

Pulling a Bindo.

Should you be able to pull a Bindo in KOTOR 3?  

60 members have voted

1. 1. Should you be able to pull a Bindo in KOTOR 3?

• Yes
    • No

you know, thats actually a really cool idea. i hadn't thought of that one. :)

Ahem. *points to his own previous post*

If they can't, I'd still rather have that in there, or perhaps see it develop between side characters (not neccesarily Jedi) that might both come to the primary character for guidance. That way, it's not actually the Jedi falling in love, but mediating between a spat or two or guiding the characters into a painful sort of relationship. (LS/DS points, anyone?) This might also help deepen the other characters.

Not that I'd be getting a little possesive, of course. *looks shifty* But really, it's a good idea, in that both sides can be served, and it's not quite the typical of a main character falling in love.

RED teh weaponmistress Impaler want Jedi princess NOW!!!!!!!! (note: that princess should actually be an ex bounty hunter;))

There really is no sane reason for not including it in the game.

The fact that the oppressive jedi order doesn't want you to do it, doesn't make it wrong ([OT]Parallel thread needed for possibilities of non-order lightside faction in KIII). The masters are just jealous that their padawans actually have some mojo left, have you seen the masters???? well, I guess you could make a small argument for Atris, but she is the ice queen.

So to surmise, and attempt to say something sensible...

I DID IT ALL FOR THE WOOKIE!!!

THE WOOKIE!!!

I see no reason why not. Romance is a good feature in most RPGs, and can add to the story, although I think it should be optional. KotOR would be a worse game (IMHO) if there were no romance options in it. And if you don't want romance in KotOR III, no one is forcing you to play through that part of the game. Why try to impose your views on other people?

I think that the number one thing we learn from both KOTOR episodes is that detachment breeds contempt and arrogance. (as a side note, I've already voiced the opinion that if Luke had had Jolee with him instead of Ben Kenobi, the Empire would have been crushed in a movie-and-a-half, tops!)

Look at what went on because the Jedi were "detached"

1. The Mandalorians were (some say) manipulated into slaughtering countless millions while the order contemplated all the possible outcomes before moving (always assuming they'd ever have moved). Kriea evidences some of this over-cogitation when she goes on about how every action could have an equally bad reaction. Paradoxically, she later chastises you for inaction, but oh well.... :rolleyes:

2. When the younger Jedi realized what was what and moved unilaterally, saving the Republic, the leaders of the order chastised them and later blamed them for the civil war, as though the one caused the other. Although I have my own personal thoughts on what caused the fall of Reven's bunch, it can be claimed with some reasonable thought that the real cause of the civil war was the inaction of the council and their failure to support those who'd gone to fight. While they sat back in the academies feeling smug and righteous about their detachment, a fraction of the strength the jedi should have leant the Republic struggled to defeat a determined enemy. Isn't it at least as likely that, had the council acted sooner, or thrown its full weight into the fray (or both) the final solution at Malachor might well not have been necessary? Reason further suggests that, had wiser and more experienced heads been present, the fall of Reven et al could well have been avoided.

3. The Jedi order, even unto its end at the hand of one of the fallen, still did not understand what the hell was going on. They were so detached that they'd fallen to the level of irrelevance of modern scholarly academics (read professors) cloistered in college campii with only theoretical knowledge of the world they were trying to describe. A fault made so much more dangerous since they proceeded as though such theoretical knowledge were empirical fact. :roleyess:

4. One of the more solid pieces of advice that Kriea gives the exile pops to mind and sums up the whole question of detachment. She warns (as did Jolee, sort of, as well as my dear, sainted granny, as I recall) that avoiding temptation doesn't make you stronger. She's absolutely correct, in this, at least. Yes, Jedi fall, yes, love is a strong emotion. But is hiding from it any better? Dealing with emotion is the only way to get control of it. Without the inner strength built by struggle and loss, the first time something like love hits you between the eyes when you aren't looking (picture THAT paradox in your head :eyepop ) you're damn' skippy going to be likely to fall to it.

Isn't counseling you through such pitfalls in life what your elders are for? Normally, it's the family who helps you through such tough times, but the Jedi (in common with what other form of governance?) yoinks you from that support group. What's the point of amassing large amounts of wisdom and then positioning yourself in an academy if you aren't going to share the benefits of that wisdom?

Young padawan had a rough go with a lover? Don't just stand back smugly shaking your head and watch his face go all splotchy and his robe turn black... seek him out, buy him a beer (or Tarisian ale) throw your arm around his shoulder and apply some of that there force persuade to get him through it until he can think straight again. It's your job, Grandpa! :yoda3

What I'm trying to get to here is that the jedi order failed BECAUSE they frowned on such things as younglings "pulling a Bindo". But they're gone, and the order is left to be rebuilt from nothing. And rebuilt by who? An exile who loved :heart3: (or could have, depending on how you played it). Brianna, who loved :heart3: . Visas, who loved :heart3: . Reven (if he/she survived and if she/he came back from the outer reaches) who loved :heart3: . It seems entirely reasonable, if not probable that "pulling a Bindo" would not be the onus under the new order that it had been under the old order. Wouldn't surprise me if "Jolee's blessings on you both!" became an encouragement to moony-eyed youngsters by perceptive elders who caught them at it.

And, yeah, I realize that the Movies were once again firmly in thrall to the whole "jedi must remain detached" mythos. Well, you see what happened to them, dontcha? And who rebuilt this next time? Luke, who loved :heart3: . Leia, who loved :heart3: . See a cycle yet? Who knows, maybe it takes around 4000 years to forget the hard-learned lessons and repeat the fall. Maybe its on a cycle. Has anybody but Atris even READ those holocrons lately?

I didn't have any idea what "pulling a Bindo" meant at first. I thought perhaps it meant "not appearing in the game", but that made no sense.

The Old Jedi Order actually didn't have a problem with love. Jolee had a wife who was also a Jedi. And he brought up Nomi Sunrider. And Ulic was her lover.

In kotor the jedi order was altered probably in order to make it closer to the prequal movies, or in universe you could probably say that after the Great Sith War they decided to make a decision on the subject. But prior to the game the Old Jedi had did not comdemn relationships. Nor did they have many of the restrictions that were present in the Prequal movie Jedi.

I guess the few remaining Jedi who will reform the order will probably revert to the old ways until the Battle of Ruusan

Archived