Home

Can Anyone Exchange the Cape on Revan?

Deception

um, Mandalorin-Jed, what do you mean its "illegal"??

LucasArts, Bioware, and Obsidian do not allow you to port assets from one game to another

14. Mods containing assets (models, textures, sounds, etc.) ported from another game are prohibited NEW!

It is against Lucasarts policy to port assets from one game to another. Holowan Laboratories does not condone porting of this nature, and moderators will close or delete any thread or posts discussing such mods. The exception to this is if the asset in question is present in both KOTOR and TSL. Also, modders may create from scratch mods that resemble assets from another game.

Quoted from Forum Rules and Guidelines

Sorry guys, especially LiquidZoo, but Revan's model exists in both games so there is no porting issues.

Removing Revan's cape and placing Nihilus' cape is likely impossible/improbable, unless you want it just as cardboard as Revan's cape is along with the same clipping issues, because the capes animations would not likely be retained. ;)

Removing Revan's cape and placing Nihilus' cape is likely impossible/improbable, unless you want it just as cardboard as Revan's cape is along with the same clipping issues, because the capes animations would not likely be retained. ;)

That cape fills me with pure rage. The closest I ever got to fixing it was trying to add a "bellbottom" shape to the bottom of it to reduce clipping with Taina's replacer.

I suppose I could try that once again-so long as Deception pays for my high-blood pressure medication :xp:

***Edit***

@RaV-

The models for K1 and K2 are different by about 8 bytes per mesh, so you'd have to do some file conversions from the K1 file version to the K2 file version for almost all of the files in the mod.

Sorry guys, especially LiquidZoo, but Revan's model exists in both games so there is no porting issues.

The porting issue in question was centered on the use of Nihilus' cape, I believe. I'm pretty sure it is not present in the KotOR I assets.

As for attaching it to Revan.... Don't count on it. Switching one mesh out for another won't do much when the bones themselves aren't animated.

The porting issue in question was centered on the use of Nihilus' cape, I believe.

I do not see where the original poster specified that this was for KotOR I anywhere, everyone is jumping the gun here. Wait until the person clairifes before assuming the worst people. ;)

@ Rav, if you bothered to check my mod site out, your answer would be readily apparent on the TSL page. :D(Hint: Scroll down a bit and you will find it!)

No need to apologize to me RH, I know the Revan model exists in both games. I am, however, guilty of jumping the gun (so to speak) and assumed which game it was meant for.

:D -RH

I do not see where the original poster specified that this was for KotOR I anywhere, everyone is jumping the gun here. Wait until the person clairifes before assuming the worst people. ;)

I was aware of that as well. I just mentioned the cape because that was the only thing I could think of that would make people jump the gun.

I pwnd you... admit it! :xp: -RH

The only thing you 'pwnd' was your grammar. :eek: -MG

Archived