Home

Request for detail "building location" map!

PoiuyWired

I notice that locations of buildings on a map is actually not random. Does anyone have a series of marked maps on where exactly each "building slot" and build pad is?

Oh, locations of local lifeforms would be nice also! So everyone can try( and fail) to convert those wampas as the emperor!

It would be nice do people can just "peek" at those areas with a unit/eye and deepstrike them!!

We wont really have this information until the map editor is released. Though if you play the game long enough you will realize the power generator always has a set spot on each map, but other base buildings have several slots. Ion Cannons/Hyper Velocity guns have their own spots as well, as do turbo laser towers.

Actually thats what I found out!!

The power generators are always at the same spot on the same map, so do the ion-cannon/HV-gun(they share same spot) and the several spots for turret, and also the shield generators. The bases for native species are always the same. Places to buy upgrades, and other green/neutral buildings are always the same.

As for the rest of the buildings, there are a few "slots" on a map gpr them, though which is which tends to be slightly random.

Oh, for predesigned skirmish map, everything is set with no variation, so technically a map should exist.

It's all because the game relies on that pre-determined structure to ensure a star warsish type base develops that the shield generator can protect.

I think it'd be awesome if they allowed players the option of customizing their planets, but just wishful thinking I guess.

The pattern doesn't hold for every map, though the locations of shield gens are consistant on the same planet.

I've had the shield gens show on the right handed map almost dead center, once on the bottom of the map, though usually upper left.

Building pads seem to be placed where they make the most impact: at strangle points.

Archived