Home

Mon Calamari Requests

Billthemailman

Ok, I'm starting to create a Mon Calamari planet for the original KOTOR.

I'm new to this so it might take a while.

Here are the two things I want to have in it:

Mon Calamari NPCS(Male and Female, but thats a given)

A New Underwater Suit

I will eventually get to working on the Mon Calamari thing (the second someone responds to my post) But I believe it as easy as rescaling a human models head and coloring it differently. http://liberty.warp1.net/unsorted/mon_calamari.jpg

-that's a Mon Calamari btw, I googled it, and you can find some other

nice ones like that.

The underwater suit isn't a huge deal, I was just wondering if it was possible to create a faster, more futuristic suit.

Above all four words, Please and Thank You.

Also, if anyone wants to contribute any other items you feel would go well with the theme let me know, I'm not so sure about creating a team because I feel I would'nt be able to keep up since I only have a little bit of experience.

Again, Thank you in advance

Aye I know, I was looking for the model, but I can't seem to find him.

I planned on Making Mon Calamari a war zone, with the Mon Cal on Top, then using the Underwater Laboratory for the Sith and Quarren, as the Mon Cal in my humble belief will always side with the "good side" and the Quarren are known for being not so nice.

Also, the Mon Cal live in the top cities, while the Quarren live in the underwater ones.

Again another possibility. Thank you for the suggestion :cheers:

Also, anyone know if Selkath have force power animations, I'd hoped to make a party character on this planet.... I know that there were Selkath youths being trained, but I can't remember if they used force powers...

What's up BTMM? :maul:

I have been tring to reply to your post since last night, but my browser keeps freezing :firemad:

Anyways, I am only a nOOb, but I think a closer match to the Mon Cali's is the Rakatan appearance, don't you think? In fact, with only a red-tint and some minor tinkering they would be identical!

Like Darkkender, I think a nice (but advanced) touch would be for a battle between the Mon Cali's and their arch-rivals the :tessek: . Imagine the free all-u-can eat seafood buffet that would result from such a 'fishy' battle! :jester1:

Seriously though, MODding a planet is a - well, a PLANET sized project! If it were easy, we would have 10 or 12 MODded planets just lying around. Like I said, I am merely a young apprentice to MODding. Fortunately for me (and every other beginning MODder), Darkkender is starting up a 'MODders Basic Training' course - he will guide us thru the various aspects of MODding KotOR and TSL, including the various properties of the MOD you wish to create. I am already 'enrolled' , and I would invite you to join us here:

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=164099 :dmaul3:

I hope this has helped, BTMM - and I hope to see you in 'MOD class'!

- DM.055 :mauls:

Look like a great idea, hope you can pull it of.

and to Jasper_Kazai, who would want to migrated to Mannan:)

I certainly wouldn't, because I hate Manaan. But Mon Cals might want to.

I suppose you could use the entering and exiting Manaan movies as a base for a Mon Calamari one.

The underwater suit isn't a huge deal, I was just wondering if it was possible to create a faster, more futuristic suit.

It is possible to change the speed of the spacesuit/environment suits, see this mod and thread for how it can be done: Click

(It's for K2:TSL, but it should work to do the same way for KotOR1))

Ok, I found the Quarren model, which is one small step down of about a trillion more to go = /, I got dinner and the simpsons block, so depending on if their old or not, I'll get back to work around 6:30- 7:30ish.

tonights work will probably be reskinning the Rakatan, and finding a way to remove the selkaths, tusks, for lack of a better word.

And figuring out orientation.

Edit: Ummmm ok, I tried to delete the tusks annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd now their just white. Any idea on how to get rid of the tusks on the models?

In the case of the Rakata they are a single body and head mesh model. As to a good tutorial on that subject I couldn't tell you. Most likely you would actually have to go to a site and forum dedicated to modeling for the best tips there. I mentioned the vert coords as I've monkeyed around a little bit with these but I'll openely admit that it is tough.

Archived