Home

POLL: best powerpuff girl

Nute Gunray

I say it's that dark haired and green eyed one. I can't remember her name it's been so long since I've seen the powerpuffs: I don't get the right channels here (Stupid arabe and french channels that are worthless and also this Indian movie channel: they keep on singing and singing and singing and...)

Buttercup is the Fighter

Blossum is the leader. I will like her when she is old enuf (Red heads drive me nutz)

is it bubbles? the blond?

I like her becasue she is more inocent, and silly.. like the episode "A rainy day story"

The 3 girls were playing "Powerpuf Girls" and were having a hard time, since BLossum wanted to be bubbles, Buttercup wanted to be blossum

Bubbles: I want to be bubbles

BLossum + buttercup: NO YOU CAN'T!

Bubbles: *pause* ... *Cries* Waaaaaaah!

If you REALLY pay attention to a LOT of "kids shows" half the jokes are over their heads.

I remember an episode of Johnny Bravo that featured (i think) Farrah Fawcett. She's blindfolded for a game of pin the tail on the donkey and she remarks "I dont' remember the last time I was blindfolded" then pauses for a second, giggles and says "yes i do."

"Rocky and Bullwinkle" were the masters of that. Many of the jokes go over my head even now.

I remember one where the whole episode was a set-up to use the punchline: "The ruby-yacht of Omar Kayem"

How many adults would even get that one?

(For those of you who don't get it: There's a semi-famous book called "The Rubiyat of Omar K..." well, you can see where this is going... biggrin.gif)

That was some wacko-s***, let me tell ya.

[This message has been edited by edlib (edited August 19, 2001).]

Eek! the Cat was really good at jokes too...advanced for children.

One episode taught us how they made each episode of the show and they showed the two animators locked away in a dungeon and when the door opened they immediately began asking things that NO ONE in the target age group would think made sense. My favorite line in that scene was "IS JOHNSON DOING A GOOD JOB? ARE THE FRENCH OUT OF VIETNAM?"

ahh, eek the cat eek.gif!

I remember one joke when he was inprisoned and the bad guys (or gals because I remember they were two women and they were all singing...) sang they would unleash horrible, awful and despicable beast upon them, and those beast were: Lawyers biggrin.gif

*Sharky get's blown up*

Meanwhile, at NASA headquarters:

"Well Jim, it looks like we finally have the hubble telescope fixed up. Now let's see what's out there"

*screen shows massive alien fleet*

"Well Jim, it looks like the entire Zarkonian war fleet is on its way, just minutes from destroying the Earth. Shall I inform the president?"

*Sharky slams into hubble, screen goes blank*

"No, Jim, it's just the inky blackness of space. Hey, Melroe's Place is on!"

It was funny 'casue all the scientists were named Jim.

------------------

The nation lie in shambles with thousands dead and millions injured. Why? You ask why this all happened? BECAUSE YOU HAD ARCHIE AND EDITH BUNKER DISCUSS THEIR SEX LIFE ON NATIONAL TELEVISION!!!

Official forum Psychic

Let us not forget about Space Ghost Coast to Coast! Who'd have thought that a talk show made entirely out of stock footage from a 1960s superhero cartoon could be so funny?

------------------

The nation lie in shambles with thousands dead and millions injured. Why? You ask why this all happened? BECAUSE YOU HAD ARCHIE AND EDITH BUNKER DISCUSS THEIR SEX LIFE ON NATIONAL TELEVISION!!!

Official forum Psychic

Guest Redwing

Buttercup biggrin.gif

In the episode where the PowerPuffs get bored and decide to get "real superpowers" she turns into this black floating thingy with slitted green eyes named "Mange" and can't help anyone because "Mange only hunts at night" tongue.gif

------------------

At last we will reveal ourselves to the Jedi.

At last we will have revenge.

Archived