Home

HK-47 into Battle Droid

Dartz Nox

HK-47 model is a Battle Droid/Protocol unit, with Personal Combat protocols as well, Battle Droid is a wide term buddy, if youre referring to the Trade Federation B-1 Battle Droids, then you say, "Retarded toaster droids". A battle droid is referring to any droid who has the ability to fight with advanced weaponry and tactics...

Sheesh!

I think what the other forum members meant to say was:

Welcome to the forum, Dartz Nox!

Anyways, I wish I could be of some direct help here, but I myself am a nOOb to MODding, and not even close to being able to re-model a character to the extent of which you wish - yet!

Your best bet is to give some of the senior MODders (specifically the very few that are skilled in re-skin/modeling) a chance to view your request. The one's you want to keep an eye out for are the likes of svosh, oldflash, shem, mjpb3, and such. Like I said, be patient for a little while (yes, being patient does indeed SUCK!), until 1 of these types responds to your request!

Good luck, bro! Wish I could give you a little more than that ---

P.S. Don't get me wrong, I personally believe such talk of MODifying "The Meat-bag Mangler" - aKa HK- in such a fashion is bordering on Star Wars blasphemy, however, it is not my place - OR ANY ONE ELSE'S - to judge you for your 'indiscretions' - we are SUPPOSED to be here to help, not berate your request! I hope you don't take any thing that was said to heart!

- DM.005 :maul5:

I believe doing this would require new animations, which we can't do just yet. It's an interesting idea, for sure. I, myself, would rather see G0T0 (for TSL) or T3-M4 as a Battle Droid, but that is not what the request is about.

Unfortunately, I don't *think* that this would be possible just yet, but give our fantastic crew of tool makers and program hackers (yes, that's the correct term; not referring to anything destructive) some time and it may be possible in the future.

Ok folks, cut out the "why?" type posts as they are against the rules in this forum.

This isn't the purpose of this sub-forum, if people have to worry about having to defend their mod ideas from others "why?" posts it severely discourages people from posting requests.

Prior to Xavier's retirement from the forums he had actually succesfully pulled off a head remodel for the regular battledroids to look like the Trade Federation droids.

When it comes to droids most of there animations are pretty generic. If somebody was a decent modeler(Not Myself) and extracted the mesh only for a droid. They might be able to create the body without destroying the animations. Of course alot of what people have been interested in falls in the category of adding animations. This is where there are problems with models from some of the earlier threads.

Archived