Home

The One Year Thread

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congress Adds 'All Your Base Are Belong To Us' Amendment To Bankruptcy Bill

WASHINGTON, DC -- Seeking to increase fiscal accountability among citizens who have no chance to survive make their time, the House of Representatives added an "All Your Base Are Belong To Us" amendment Monday to H.R. 333, the Bankruptcy Abuse Prevention and Consumer Protection Act of 2001. "What you say!!!" shouted the bill's sponsor, Rep. George Gekas (R-PA), following the amendment's approval. "This bill will not only make debt-ridden Americans more accountable, but it has the added benefit of taking off every 'zig' for great justice." Opponents of the amendment protested that it would potentially set up U.S. the bomb.

------------------

nitrologo.gif

We've been going about this all wrong. This Mr. Stay Puft is okay. He's a sailor, he's in New York.

We get this guy laid, we won't have any trouble.

-Dr. Peter Venkman, Ghostbusters

To Whom It May Concern:

"All Your Base..." could take on a more literal slant if someone convinced the human genome sequencing companies (e.g. Celera) to use it as their corporate slogan. The genetic code is made up of nucleotides, also known as bases. Once they've patented all of the human genome, they can literally say "All your base are belong to us!" biggrin.gif

Michael Finley, Ph.D.

Research Associate

HHMI/Stanford

------------------

nitrologo.gif

We've been going about this all wrong. This Mr. Stay Puft is okay. He's a sailor, he's in New York.

*hands GUNNER a real (ie. Canadian) beer*

Drink up, bro!

*knocks back his 7th*

------------------

nitrologo.gif

<font color=red size=6>ALL GOOD</font> <font color=white size=6>BEER ARE BELO</font><font color=red size=6>NG TO US.</font>

------------------

nitrologo.gif

-Dr. Peter Venkman, GhostbustersAugust 10, 2001).]

[This message has been edited by Nitro (edited August 10, 2001).]

Guest Zoom Rabbit

What you say!

I set you up the bomb, then. Without zig--I know what I doing!

For great justice. *(Blows up JR2000Z.)*

WooHoo! The paperclip is DEAD!!!!! I hope my college gets officeXP. The Admins have set the system up so that you can't turn the stupid thing off (they don't like us).

At home I use Corel WordPerfect, so I don't have to put up with it.

Rust in Pieces!

I've one-up'ed myself... I got REALLY bored, and after hours of sifting through various russian documents I have, I redid that pic... and I'm taking to a printing company to get it made into a poster!

I'll take orders for it later!

russianbaseposter.jpg

------------------

nitrologo.gif

I'm not sure what's worse... The fact that I took the time to personally translate "All your base are belong to us." into Cryllic Russian, or the fact that my translation is probably even more off than the origial! biggrin.gif

------------------

nitrologo.gif

Archived