Home

New Lucas Arts Tech.

Troopr-Undr-Fir

Sounds totally sweet. :D

Also, I'm pretty sure they can add the "break anything" concept to the lightsabers, too. They probably won't be able to cut up characters, but cutting wood pieces in half in anyway would be totally awesome.

Sounds interesting... will wait to see what they do with it. If the concept is "group of jedi beat up stormtroopers" I wonder if the game will be based on the clones and vader hunting down the last jedi?

The same tech is used in the indy game and that actually looks to be quite interesting.. at least in terms of fight scenes... i just hope the games are a bit more than just tech demos when they come out.

E3 was a bit boring for lucasarts this year really..

I thought that the indy game looked quite interesting, until i read this from penny arcade:

Indiana Jones – This was the year of procedurally generated content. Every other developer was telling me how instead of having artists and animators create a game for me they figured out a way to make a computer do it. They seem to think this is better but Indiana Jones is a great example of why it’s not. Instead of animating Indy they essentially taught him how to behave and react to his surroundings. They said this was better because it means you’ll never see the same canned animation over and over. What it means is that I see different stupid looking animations all the time though. I’m not sure that’s an improvement. I’ll take God of Wars beautifully animated special moves over Indy looking like some kind of retarded marionette any day.

Not so promising. though i guess all games are going to have to move into physics generated animations once the worlds, models and interactions get so complex as to make it impossible to programme them all by hand.

They'd be crazy not to... especially after the Wii coming out as by far the clear winner at E3... though i hope its not gonna be a halfhearted effort that basically is just like a lightsaber TV game though.. i hope they actualy build a game in their too and don't just make it a lightsaber light gun game.

Doesn't the Wii have a physics chip, that might work well with their tech...

Its a shame that Factor 5 aren't Nintendo Partners anymore... their game may have been pretty uneven... but they got some nice visuals out of nintendo hardware.. and they were a guarantee of nintendo SW games..

Archived