Home

Is This Even Possible??

RaV™

What program should I use for it? The video won't be microscopic right? like you'll be able to see what's happening right? sorry and I really appreciate your time.
The video will be really small at that size, but fitting 30 minutes of video into <100 Mb is quite difficult. You could try compressing it as-is though.

As for the tools you'll need, you can just install DivX Pro (http://divx.com, just get the 15 day trial) and use Premiere Pro to export and compress it.

Could I do something like make different parts of it? Like part 1 half some like 15 mins then the next part have the remainder?
Yup, just export it up to a certain time. I can probably post a more detailed walkthrough of this tomowrow though, I'm kind-of just working from what I remember of the program now.

I had the same problem with my little movie.

Windows Movie maker only supports WMP, Avi, and some other codecs that aren't used by sites.

My cousin, however, used a program called 'Showbiz' were you could not only use different codecs, but also alter the screen resolution. This way, he could use Mpeg codec (wich normally makes movies huge) but still keep it <15 mb.

You could try using that program..

I've also heared about a program called Irfanview or something..people say it can switch codecs. Just load uo the old file, select the new codec, and ready. I don't have it myself though.,...

Okay, here's my mini-tutorial on exporting sections of clips and re-sizing them in Premiere Pro 1.5.

First off, create a new project in Premiere Pro, and import the clip you want to edit (File->Import). Next, you need to select the clip in the "Project" window, right-click it and select "Open in Source Monitor". After that, navigate to the where you want the beginning of your clip to be with the slider just below where the time is displayed. Right-click the slider and select Set Clip Marker->In. Then navigate to the point that you want the clip to end, right-click the slider, and select Set Clip Marker->Out.

To export that section of the clip by itself, you'll just need to set an option in your export settings. Click File->Export->Movie, then click "Settings...". Since you're going to export the file as a DivX-encoded clip, you'll need to select "Microsoft AVI" as the file type. In order to export one section of the clip, you'll need to set the "Range" field to "In to Out".

Now, to export a DivX-encoded, AVI movie, you'll need to have the DivX Pro codec installed (you can get a free trial here, but you'll need to activate the free trial). Next, click the "Video" options on the left-hand side of the "Export Movie Settings" window, and set the "Compressor" field to "DivX© 6.2.2 Codec" (you can activate the free trial by clicking "Configure...", going to the "Try DivX Pro" tab, and clicking "Start my trial"). Next, set your frame size to whatever size you'd like (I'd recommend roughly 80% of the original size) with the "Frame Size" fields.

Next, you'll want to configure the Audio options to achieve the smallest file size possible by clicking "Audio" on the left-hand side of the "Export Movie Settings" window. I recommend that you install an MP3 codec (http://www.free-codecs.com/download/Lame_Encoder.htm) to compress the audio in MP3 format. Just install the codec, and select it in the "Compressor" pull-down menu. A sample rate of 44100, 16-bit sample type, and an interleave of 1 frame in stereo should be sufficiant.

To finish the export process, just click "OK" to exit the "Export Movie Settings" window, name the file in the "Export Movie" dialog, and click "Save" :)

There's x264, an open source codec, but it's still in an early, experimental stage, so I don't know how well that will work. Then there's Nero Digital, which is around $60 (USD), and there's also Sorenson Squeeze 4, which is expensive (~$400).

***Edit***

I just tried out x264, as I suspected, it's incredibly buggy. I tried exporting the Half-Life 2: Episode 2 trailor at 320x240 using the default settings for DivX and x264 from and MPEG file encoded with WMV9. The x264 video didn't show up in WMP 11, and it ended up being 22.8 Mb, whereas the DivX-encoded file was 8.9 Mb and the video worked perfectly.

Archived