Home

Ever any plans of returning?

Does anyone know of any plans of returning to the Monkey Island series in Lucasarts? I highly doubt it, but I was just wondering if there were any rumors or anything. I did see on an interview on G4TV with a Lucasarts guy that said something like: "we will work on some star wars and original titles for a few years, and then maybe we will return to some classic favorites..."

Man...I hate how they cancelled Full Throttle and Sam and Max...I know...a while ago, but it still burns!

:firemad:

As of yet, no rumours, no plans, no anything and frankly, it's highly improbable that LucasArts will return to the series, they'll probably just continue to milk Star Wars for all it's got and then, when the new Indy movie is made, they'll milk that for a bit as well.

Jim Ward, president of LucasArts, basically laughed off the suggestion of returning to the classics when interviewed at E3, and quite literally said “not until at least 2015”.

You can take that as 'never'.

Jim Ward, president of LucasArts, basically laughed off the suggestion of returning to the classics when interviewed at E3, and quite literally said “not until at least 2015”.

You can take that as 'never'.

I don't know... 2015 seems like a good time to strike with a modern remake. Like what they did with Prince of Persia, Pitfall, and countless others.

As far as I'm concerned...while Star Wars is absolutely amazing, Lucasarts has made me mad enough to forget about all of it's old classics that I don't even bother listening to their news unless it is super important. I don't see why they can't just re-release the classics again. I really would like to play all of the Monkey Island games. Oh and another thing that burns me up is that they no longer sell Grim Fandango in their store. The only classic series game they still sell is Monkey Island 4...so basically...I've given up hope on them.

Archived