Home

KOTOR story inspired by Iraq?

Nancy Allen``

Since where did I say that Bush was worse than Saddam? Of course he isn't.

I'm just saying he is certainly not a good leader in my opinion.

Well, he was conspicuously absent from your comments about "all the suffering and death", given the particular country we're talking about. Thanks for clarifying.

Look, Saddam was a bug that needed to be squashed and I for one am sick of hearing all the 'Bush is Hitler, Bush is Palpatine' crap that's about. If you look I was making fun of it.

Sorry, i mis-read your post.

Well to be fair, Palpatine was about (IRL) long before Bush came into power. So I think the whole Bush-Hitler thing is moot. Although I remember reading somewhere that Palpatine was created with similar facial outlines to Hitler or something.

Sorry bout earlier.

@mattwild - Bush came into power? Some confussion I see. Bush was voted into office. He doesn't have absolute power.

@Iraq Comments- When it comes to Bush and his policy on Iraq, I guess people forget what happened in the early 90s. Saddam really needed to be taken care of back in the 90s. I believe that the American public (my fellow Americans) would have supported this war if Bush was intellagent. I don't think he sold the war in a convincing manner to the UN and US. (I do not believe that my country needs to get the permission from other countries to defend ourselves.) All it takes is someone with the ability to think on their feet, and the ability to express a clear (convincing) agenda. Bush is not an intellagent guy, but his intentions are most logical. The Iraq war is not the problem. Bush's skills are the problem. I think we hired a Presidant who obtained C+s/B-s in college. If you look at how George Bush Senior, and Bill Clinton, speak, they have the ability to express themselves clearly. You can sense an articulate and intellagent person from how they write, speak, and carry themselves.

Bush is no Hitler. He maybe King George the second, but he is in no way a Hitler.

Actually, I'd say Bush is closer to Revan in that he went to war despite the wishes of the Democrats and the UN (the Jedi Council) to protect the Republic against the Manadalorian threat (Islamo-Fascists)

The UN is really not important when defending your own nation. Revan is also an intellagent war leader, and George Bush lacks the necessary skills.

Just to throw some fuel on the fire I found this.

http://www.lewrockwell.com/roberts/roberts102.html

Uh huh. Let's wait until Bush tries to run again before we say he's got some special order that will have American troops execute all Democrats, shall we?

Go take a civics class. G.W.Bush cannot run again because of the 25th Amendment. Just as Bill Clinton cannot run again. I know that G.W. Bush would never order such a stupid thing. Even if he went insane and did issue such an order. The military would disobey it as it would be an illegal order. Even his own party would impeach him. Get a frigging clue. :rolleyes:

@mattwild - Bush came into power? Some confussion I see. Bush was voted into office. He doesn't have absolute power.

Um... Okay... I actually used the phrase 'came into power' as a place holder for 'got voted into office'. I would personally call the position of President of the United States quite a powerful job myself...

Another thing. I'm not so sure that Bush is stupid, I'm sure he is very intelligent, it's just that I think he might have problems expressing himself clearly. A bit like John Prescott for those of you from Britain.

He is however the only President with a criminal record.

Um... Okay... I actually used the phrase 'came into power' as a place holder for 'got voted into office'. I would personally call the position of President of the United States quite a powerful job myself...

Another thing. I'm not so sure that Bush is stupid, I'm sure he is very intelligent, it's just that I think he might have problems expressing himself clearly. A bit like John Prescott for those of you from Britain.

He is however the only President with a criminal record.

What alleged crime did he commit?

Go take a civics class. G.W.Bush cannot run again because of the 25th Amendment. Just as Bill Clinton cannot run again. I know that G.W. Bush would never order such a stupid thing. Even if he went insane and did issue such an order. The military would disobey it as it would be an illegal order. Even his own party would impeach him. Get a frigging clue. :rolleyes:

I do have a frigging clue. That's exactly what I meant, let's see if Bush tries to bring in something to get himself to remain President before we let loose with the Palpatine referrences. Now can some mod kindly lock this thread as it has really has nothing to do with Star Wars anymore?

Since the game was released later in the year the war began, and with significent time to include it during the build up to war, I wonder if the developers had sought to include it in the game.
To make this clear, the Iraq war did not inspire KOTOR. Read below to understand why.

The story and the game development of KOTOR started way before U.S. invaded Iraq back in March of '03. I downloaded the first KOTOR trailer at the LucasArts website back in May of '02.

True. There was that game that slipped in a 'Hot Coffee' referrence though, in Jak X. I thought the Iraq allusion might have been thrown in but, well. I guess Generals is the one to look at for that sort of thing, that was certainly the game of the war in Iraq.

Archived