Home

Awakening of the Rebellion - Return of the Gameplay

DonBilbo

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I went through to change the pop cap and I realized I said it wrong becasue I couldn't find the optuion. I want to change the pop cap for the battkles . I've looked through a TON of the XML's but can't find any place. I can change the pop cap for the galactic sale but...yeah. Any help wpulfd be great.

I've been having some issues with the newer version... Finding it kinda unstable, and very intolerant to any changes in the XMLs. ( I like to make my Minor tweaks.) Mostly to make stuff a bit more buildable.

And my registration for your forums is still pending. I never recieve an email at either email address provided.

Hmm, the MOD is working for me and I am using 1.02 version. So you do not have to have the 1.04 installed. I have not bothered to install a patch, whcis fixes nothing in SP. All I do is simply copy all the directories to the DATA folder (replacing the dat file with texts).

Ok I found some other errors of tags in Squadrons.xml, Uniqueunits.xml, groundcompaniesrebel.xml, Groundvehicles.xml, Herocompanies.xml, spaceunitsfrigate.xml and genericherocompanies.xml

I fixed those and here is the download. To install files all you have to do is copy them over existing XML files in this foldder

.....\GameData\Mods\AotR\Data\XML

Excelent Work! Now let the fun begin!

Guest DarthMaulUK

Having played some of this Mod, I feel that it's pretty unbalanced in favour of the Empire. Maybe it's me, but when I get C3-PO to steal tech, I am unable to build any of the new space units. I can build all the ground units etc. Do I need to invest the 250000 credits to 'strip a cruise liner' upgrade to build my capitol ships? If so, thats very expensive and puts the Rebels at an immediate disadvantage.

I am yet to play it as the Empire. The reason why I tried the Rebels first, is because alot of mods are forgetting about them! Great work and great fun. I'm looking forward to more updates.

DMUK

I've been playing this AOTR Mod for the last day or so. It seems pretty cool but it runs very slow for some reason....extremely slow. Travel times between planets are at least 20 times slower.

Also, the space battles take on average, an hour. I am better off doing "Auto-Resolve". I am all for the rec-scaling job and the new units but the purpose of a game is so that you dont have to wait forever for a battle to be over. Or you dont have to wait forever to get some units transferred from planet to planet. I cant even read the 'readme' file becuase its in German. I am still trying to understand why I cant manufacture ships on 90% of the planets and why I have shipyards I cant use. All my heroes except for Admiral Akbar are all stranded in the Hoth/Degobah systems without ability to manufacture anything other than a spy B-Wing. Theres at least 1 Star Destroyer 'Piett' class on every planet so my guys are marooned. By the way DMUL, I wasnt able to build any big units until I invested the 50,000 for the shipyard.

Please fix the space issues and galaxy view interface... pleeeaase.

I really love how the ground game has changed and how theres a garrison of ships with the field commander. That helps tremendously against Emperial mecha.

Maybe there should be a 'hyperdrive' mod to where you can do a hyperspace jump with fleets that is limited like the respawn rate of a special weapon or a hero on the galactic map.

Having played some of this Mod, I feel that it's pretty unbalanced in favour of the Empire. Maybe it's me, but when I get C3-PO to steal tech, I am unable to build any of the new space units. I can build all the ground units etc. Do I need to invest the 250000 credits to 'strip a cruise liner' upgrade to build my capitol ships? If so, thats very expensive and puts the Rebels at an immediate disadvantage.

I am yet to play it as the Empire. The reason why I tried the Rebels first, is because alot of mods are forgetting about them! Great work and great fun. I'm looking forward to more updates.

Thats because the Rebellion was LOSING the war. Its not supposed to be able to take on the Empire head to head.

With that being said, the 2nd level Rebel Infiltrator Commando's are a well crafted group. They more than help even the playing field if you can get your hand on a few of these troops. Its like have Chewbacca, Han Solo, R2-D2, Kyle Kataarn, and Obi Wan on the same group but without a light saber.

sweaw2006072111250570nc1.th.jpg

The new desenive Starbase Level 1: A XQ1 Customs Base

sweaw2006072014334937po8.th.jpg

The new Level 5 Starbase: A Golan 3

==============================================

AotR was made to present the two factions as they had been in the films. We had no interested in balaning the Units. That is (sorry) bull**** and boring. If you are playing the Rebells you have more tactical units, Infiltrators to preinvade a planet and destroy critical defenses.

We are no fans of the Policy that the rebell alliance should be the same like the Empire, just with fidderent named units...

==============================================

The Sau Files have to be copied into the GameData/Data folder.

This mod is pretty old, and only in german, sorry for that. Currently we are woking of S.A.U. 3.0 with over 50 new Units, and it will come with an installer again, and will be bilingual too.

according to this source http://sw1mush.wikia.com/wiki/Y-wing the EaW Y-wing shield are to low.

"Despite its shortcomings in speed and maneuverability, the Y-wing was an extremely durable craft, with heavier shielding than the T-65 X-wing starfighter. It could withstand many laser blasts, and it was quite difficult to destroy"

I therefore suggest to Increase shield points of the Y-wing (from 40.6) to 60

Archived