Home

Dismemberment Mod ?!?

dartmihai

It is not really possible. Sorry. Then why Kreia has cutted hand? She has three appearances, one of them handless kreia. When Sion cut off her hand it is dialog animation that assign new appearance to Kreia.

Actually, she has four appearances. First is both hands, normal Kreia. Second is one handed normal Kreia. Then theres one handed Traya Kreia. And finally, no hands Traya Kreia. Most people don't notice that during the final battle with Kreia, you chop her other hand off.

The problem with the multiple appearances is that they are triggered during a dialogue.. which is a necessary point in order to place the script that has the change appearance function.. plus, though you "cut off" her hand.. it's not lying around on the floor ;)

I'm assuming by a dismemberment mod, ppl are wanting body parts to be flying around and such, and well.. unless for some reason your opponent wants to stop mid-battle and strike up a conversation, placing a dialogue in there to fire a script would be total immersion kill (IMO)...

If one were to find a way around this, then you've also got to model individual body parts.. a script to determine limb strike area, and several models to compensate for limb clothing as your enemies aren't always wearing the same thing (or have the same head) ;)

Right now, I honestly don't think this mod is possible.. or at least feasible for the time being. We are simply too far restricted in modeling for us to do the kewl stuff :(

I'm assuming by a dismemberment mod, ppl are wanting body parts to be flying around and such, and well.. unless for some reason your opponent wants to stop mid-battle and strike up a conversation, placing a dialogue in there to fire a script would be total immersion kill (IMO)...

If one were to find a way around this, then you've also got to model individual body parts.. a script to determine limb strike area, and several models to compensate for limb clothing as your enemies aren't always wearing the same thing (or have the same head) ;)

You actually wouldn't need a dialogue at all to fire the script. However it would require a change in the heartbeat scripts and the scripts that are fired from the utc's. If I recall there is a On_Hit field in the utc files that has a script fire or there is atleast a default Combat based script which defines the AI actions. The default Combat script is also what tells the NPC opponents to switch from blasters to melee weapons if they are capable of using them.

So in theory if somebody wanted to go through the effort of creating hundreds of different models for all of the 200 or so different unique appearances in game. Then I guess that it could be done. But it would require a very elaborate set of switch statements and conditionals. With all of the extra activity and checks going on within the combat AI script it would probably start slowing things down alot especially with appearance changing and all. The reason an appearance change would slow things down is the resources required for loading a new model and texture into the module, especially during a fight scene.

If your not sure about the slow down effect take a look at a simple spawn script frequently you will find that there is a slight bit of delay within the module when a character triggers a spawn by hitting a trigger location. The more creatures get spawned by this trigger the greater the game engines lag. This is because the game has to retrieve the models and texture files then render the model then apply the texture to the models which all within one game loop can be very memory intensive. Now consider these same load issues happening within nearly every 2nd to 3rd game loop which would be your combat scenario and even the fastest processors with hordes of memory are going to start to choke.

So as my good friend Chainz.2da said at the last.

Right now, I honestly don't think this mod is possible.. or at least feasible for the time being. We are simply too far restricted in modeling for us to do the kewl stuff :(

I will add to it that the game's engine really wouldn't handle this type of mod very well even if we could create all of the required models.

Actually, she has four appearances. First is both hands, normal Kreia. Second is one handed normal Kreia. Then theres one handed Traya Kreia. And finally, no hands Traya Kreia. Most people don't notice that during the final battle with Kreia, you chop her other hand off.

Wait wait wait... a final battle with here, a fight!!!! Awsome!!! I never got to do that, and you cut the other hand off!!!???!!!??? Is that a dark side thing or both, or just light side, cuz she sounds evil to me.

And lit ridl, how do you know his name was sion, I never encoutered that in mine either.

Archived