Home

Which is your favourite Lost Cause?

MJ

Which Lost Cause do you like better?  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Which Lost Cause do you like better?

• Lost Cause 1 keeps me warm at night!
    • Lost Cause 2 does it for me!
    • I can't decide! They're both my precious!!
    • Lost Cause? Ewwww.

I'm casting my vote for Lost Cause II, for numerous reasons.

The first is that the longer I've been making radio shows, the better my ability becomes... it shows, at least from my perspective. The sound levels are much better this time round, as I'm finally using consistant volume levels throughout the mixing.

I had the foresight during editing to cut out and keep the bloopers. Something that will become a standard in the future!

Master Yadda and Mouldy-Bun made some great appearances without overkilling it too much.

And really, how can you top the final confrontation and surprise revelation in part 9?

Indeed, Lost Cause II has its charms, but you can't beat the "first love" (as one my coleague usually likes to point out). And besides, I miss the original Princess Leer. On the other hand, Ham Slomo has headed into much finnier direction, which is good. I also didn't like Lube being turned from italian-american (correct me if I'm wrong) to texas cowboy.

I agree with you, Part 9 will be really hard to beat! :)

All in all, it is impossible for me to choose between the two series. Best of luck with the future work, I can't wait to hear what awaits us!!

I also see the "Fonzi" Lube from Lost Cause 1 and the "George W. Bush Texan" of Lost Cause 2 comparison. It'd definitly different.

anyway, both are fantastic, you are fantastic MJ for making them. You've got Radio Play Mad Skillz!

I can't really decide which is better, they're both amazing.

I said Lost Cause I, but it was a very close one. II had more funny lines, but I think I had more story, which is ultimately better. I thought II sometimes digressed too much, and I also prefered the original ochestral soundtrack used in I to the lyrical pop music in II.

Great job on both of them though!

Bloopers were great. :)

This weekend, it looks like I might get time to work on 'The Prime Minister's New Groove'. It's already edited, and there's five minutes worth of bloopers from that!

As much as I like both of them, the first wins out for one simple reason : Princess Leer.

Sorry, but the first version... sarcastic, witty, and downright unbelieving of the stupidity of her situation... it just isn't there in the second edition. Also, I don't get the sence of pain that a good fingernail scrape down a chalkboard give you when I listen to the first Leer. It made it real hard to listen to the second one for me... having a falsetto Leer just didn't work for me at all.

Other then that though... well... let's just see if, heaven forbid, there is a THIRD Lost Cause... in which case we know that what's REALLY been lost is our sanity.

Eh... no, not exactly. She's not the only character that's been cut.

I found that if I had a big cast in Lost Cause 3, it would hurt the story and the humour more than aid it. So four characters that have already appeared in Lost Cause are cut entirely from the script. And another one is reduced to just a cameo part.

No, not at all. In fact, I'd say that Lost Cause III has the most structured storyline of all three. Vapour and Number Two come up with one hell of a plan. But as a result of this plan, I only needed four rebels.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived