Home

Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest

Curt-Man

I thought it was kind of stupid when they suggested to throw the rum overboard and EVER SINGLE PIRATE just stopped dead in his tracks.

Well, they're trying to over-exaggerate a stereotype for a laugh.

Sadly, I think that was the funniest rum-related joke in the whole movie.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I saw it for a third time tonight, I think the only thing I picked up on was the possibility that

the boots the monkey goes by in the witches house are captain barbosas, I never noticed the boots before

. This time was definitely better than the second because last time, this annoying little kid was behind me, yelling out stuff every few minutes.

Don't get too excited about reading stuff into every little thing... because it will probably turn out like the matrix sequels.. where the fans put a lot more thought into the meaning of everything than the makers ever did. Then you'll just be disappointed.

At least it was better than the 2nd. Though actually, if they'd taken the cool car chase from the 2nd, and added it to the cool invasion scene from the 3rd they might have had enough to make one good movie.

But still, people read deep stuff into every little bit of the movie.. and 99.9% of it turned out to be nothing.

Movies often have minor inconsistencies due to their non-linear filming and scenes being cut out at the editing stage, or used at different points to where they were originally intended to be used. If you consturct a cool mythology around such occurences then you are likely to be disappointed, as its likely that the makers were just assuming you wouldn't notice...

Archived