Home

Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest

Curt-Man

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well that's the thing, it's not exactly comparing them, it's that the mood associated (all the stories of the flying dutchmen build it up as being a haunted ship just like the Black Pearl, basically) with them is supposed to be all dark a morbid (i mean... they play organ music, come on!), but they didn't seem to be as dark and morbid as they should have.

Well I just got back from seeing Dead Man's Chest for the second time. And as much as I loved it the first time, I loved it more the second. I was able to catch more and put things together better.

I actually caught what Barbossa said this time, the first time I was so surprised I totally missed what he said. I just sat there with my jaw open. It was also great to hear the people gasp when they saw Barbossa. I look forward to seeing it a third time soon.

Anyone think Norrington was a lot better in this movie than the first one? In the first one he was a bit of a prude, but in this one he was funny and badass.

The part where he runs away with the chest and Davy's people tell him to give it to them, and he just gives it to them and runs away was great.

Was anyone freaked out by the eyes painted on Jack the first time they saw em? They kinda creeped me out the first time i saw them then his eyes actually opened, i was like, "AHH!"

Also, what was the deal with the whole compass thing? It's supposed to point to the chest or something, but how come when Elizabeth used it it kept pointing to Jack?

it points to Jack when Elizabeth holds it because the film makers made her ridiculous and wanted a love triangle *anger*

lol I always thought she was just seducing him the whole time so that she could leave him behind for the Kraken's breakfast (or whatever time of day it was :) ).

I loved the Kraken, the way they did it was fantastic! But how come at the beginning it crushes that ship with a single snap, and for the other two ships it takes almost 5 minutes to do the same?

I know he took those papers from her and put them in his jacket and she wanted those back. I just thought it was pointing at him because she still thought he had the papers still on him and she wanted the papers, not him. THen they filmed it in a way in which we, the audience, would think she's in love with him as well as Will. If Will also thinks she's in love with him it can also complicate things in the next film. So I personally think it mainly goes back to the whole thing with the papers Jack took from Elizabeth.

You may say, "Chase you f***ing idiot! That other guy took the papers and the heart and gave them to the other guy in the end." My only response to that would be that Elizabeth doesn't know that and she still thinks Jack has them.

I actually agree with you there Chase. I don't think she would ever fall for Jack, especially after how she reacted when Jack was "warming up to her."

I just figured when the compass pointed at Jack it was because she wanted the papers, and the only reason she kissed him in the end was obviously to chain him to a ship. Why would she chain him to the ship if she was in love with him?

I found Davey Jones to be entertaining, but not so scary. Anywho...

I saw the movie again today.

I noticed when the crew was in the witch lady's house, the monkey was standing near something, and they were the boots of somebody. And person must've been Barbossa. And the monkey could've given Barbossa a piece of Aztec Gold or the witch lady could've somewhat "heal" him. But we'll see in the next movie.

Archived