Home

Pirate Costume

itchythesamurai

Since Zoom's not here to do so, I will. So I ask you, do you really mean 'weirdo', or perhabs 'whacko'? There is a difference, which is clear at hand.

Weirdo: Someone who hides under your car in a dark parking lot because they're waiting to grab you.

Whacko: Someone who hides under your car in a dark parking lot because they feel safe there.

Seeing the plan you've posted, I'd classify you more as the 'feel safe' typee here. Are you trying to pretend weirdo-ness? That would of course not be something whacko-ish.

:dozey:

I sense a paradox.

Well, that turned off topic especially fast, nice work guys. I will now close this thread because of it's spamtastic nature.

No I wont.

Okay, so back on topic, were you looking for the cheesy pirate look, or more authentic (COMI or POTC?)

You paid $37 for a pirate hat? I want a pirate hat. But not for $37.

Dressing as a pirate is easy. Puffy shirt, big black boots and billowing trousers, maybe a piratey waist-coat type thing too. Feel free to remove all adjectives from that sentence too, and add an eyepatch or hook instead as most modern day pirates do. Make sure you get a good pirate belt too.

Now I want a pirate belt too.

Yeah, the tricorne was pretty expensive, but the guy custom makes each one. Going for the more authentic piratey look, but I definitely will need a belt, because I'm going to spend ungodly amounts of money on a sword and scabbard.

Fealiks, I'm actually planning on going into psychology/psychiatry! Got a five on the AP test for it!

The belt goes without saying (but well done for saying it anyway).

Giant hat is a must...unless you want to be some crappy first mate or lower, you have to be a captain. A feather in the hat is good, but if you can get a stuffed bird instead, all the better. Puffy shirt made of cotton (it breathes), and a one shot gun (it's the one shot they don't know you have...unless they see the gun in it's holster on your belt).

And a fake scar with a permanent marker (has to be permanent else it may wash off).

Fealiks, I'm actually planning on going into psychology/psychiatry! Got a five on the AP test for it!

My Pysch teacher had something kind of wrong with him psyschologically speaking, after talking to him at least 4 (that I know of) flipped out and left during class.

Archived