Home

LucasFiles.com (Bias Posting?)

The Source

LucasFiles.com (Posting?)

When someone creates a KotOR mod, it takes about a month to release at LucasFiles.com. Why does this happen?

I can understand that the LucasFiles.com people need to review mods, so they can check for illeagal content. What I can't figure out is: Why does it take a month to do so? The last two 'new' mod release postings for KotOR were one month apart.

If you are not going to post a person's mod, I suggest that you send them a PM with an explination.

Guest DarthMaulUK

Theres alot of factors for the slow posting of new mods on Lucasfiles. We are currently working with Lucasarts to allow instant uploading and posting of such mods - but dealing with such an IP as Star Wars (for example) these things do take time.

Look out for improvements coming shortly

DMUK

Theres alot of factors for the slow posting of new mods on Lucasfiles. We are currently working with Lucasarts to allow instant uploading and posting of such mods - but dealing with such an IP as Star Wars (for example) these things do take time.

Look out for improvements coming shortly

DMUK

"We are currently working with Lucasarts" - LucasArts?!?!? I though this was an independant network? Did LucasArts buy out LFNetwork, or are they working with the network?

This would explain why you keep getting uncirculated web images, which are of abnormal size for public uses.

We are indeed independent, but we do have a legal contract with LucasArts amongst other things which allows us to both feature and offer things which wouldn't otherwise be an option (LucasArts is very protective of the Star Wars license and such).

This has pretty much been the case since the network began so don't worry about any buyouts or anything. ;)

^^^^

Yeah. I have that in my signature. Hehehe...

That is pretty cool. You keep your independance, but you are also making sure everything is in the up and up.

I just thought they were allowing the site to exist, but it is cool there is some sort of communications between the two. Pretty cool. :)

One of the network's top priorities is to get lucasfiles.com's script the ability to allow authors to instantly upload their work, their screenshots and their descriptions themselves... and allow instant "approal and posting" by lucasfiles.com staffers after the files are validated.

Believe me... this at the moment is my personal top priority and I have been talking with Matt and Visac about having this done as soon as possible.

• 2 weeks later...
One of the network's top priorities is to get lucasfiles.com's script the ability to allow authors to instantly upload their work, their screenshots and their descriptions themselves... and allow instant "approal and posting" by lucasfiles.com staffers after the files are validated.

Believe me... this at the moment is my personal top priority and I have been talking with Matt and Visac about having this done as soon as possible.

That is a pretty cool idea. More general control for the user. :)

Archived