Home

So this internet thing.

Joshi

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If someone asked me if I'd ever tried to stuff myself I'd jokingly say "yes", but McCoy didn't, presumably because he obviously has and he (and his guilty conscience) thought (as any of us would if we had a consience that guilty) that saying "yes" would seem like a final answer to everone else and his secret would be out.

Damn, I'd make a good psychologist, wouldn't I?

R.I.P. Steve Irwin

If you were about to answer that, you're such a bad sport... hang your head in shame!

I just found out, that my provider has a UK site. It seems to be for hosting only, though. I would recommend them, especially since they won the award for best cost/performance ratio in a comparison of providers by my German gaming mag GameStar.

My company switched to Arcor and they suck. You can by thankful that they don't operate in the Kingdom.

AOL for poor Joshi...

Doubt it, I might for got Tiscalli, but it all depends on certain factors.

Alien, the page you linked cannot be displayed.

My company depressingly has a 2Meg line... it's a huge company and they only have 2Megs, how does that work when 8 is so cheap these days.

Alien, the page you linked cannot be displayed.

Must be problem on your end. It's working perfectly here. Have you installed the latest drivers? Please format your hard disc and try again.

You could also try the redirected URI with session ID and stuff...

My company depressingly has a 2Meg line... it's a huge company and they only have 2Megs, how does that work when 8 is so cheap these days.

Eight? You islanders are weird. We have 1, 2, 3, 6 and 16. My company has 6 MBit/s.

Alien, your URL had 2 dots

Still works for me. In Firefox (which I think Joshi uses) and even in IE.

I thought it might be a problem on my end (my works internet filter finally working)

So, does it filter sites only or will it filter content like this fucking word, too?

I did use Firefox, but now I have a job and they only use IE here (although I'm yet to find out whether I can install my own stuff on this computer considering I'm the only one using it, not as if I need a license for Firefox), so there ya go.

And as for our filter, technically it filters nothing it, it doesn't really work (if it did, I doubt I'd be talking on here). It's meant to filter out a whole bunch of crap but we've found it to be very ineffective against... well everything.

The IT guy here told me that during the world cup the internet went down here and they had to go through our France sites in order to stay connected, much to the dismay of those who wanted to listen to the match online as France actually does have a working filter.

Oh well, can't complain.

The filter at my school is so annoying.. it filters out everythinh... my teacher tried to get us on the BBC website and it said "This page, [http://www.bbc.co.uk/schools/revision] has been blocked by the RED filter. Please contact your administrator if you think that this page should be removed from the filter list." <- pasted. Fucking technician... such a retard. He pinned the admin password onto my IT teacher's bulleitien board last year. I laughed so hard...

Err, I'm using Firefox (1.5.0.6 (or, more specific, Debian-1.5.dfsg+1.5.0.6-4)) and it doesn't work, it gives me the "Firefox can't find the server at www..1and1.co.uk."...

Just stop using warez. I'm using "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.0.6) Gecko/20060728 Firefox/1.5.0.6" and it's... wait a second, at work it was working, but now at home it's homing, erm, I mean, it doesn't. Maybe the Squid did something...

Archived