Home

Veridian Echo Mod part 1

Torthane

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Understood. That's a very ambitious plan. More power to you!

Would you then consider making your cosmetic changes (reskins, etc) be separate from your gameplay changes? I have to say I'm much more interested in the former at the moment (since I haven't even gotten all the way through TSL yet), although after mastering the game I may want to do the Torthane version. :)

And to second someone else's question, will this use TSL patcher? Your mod sounds like it is going to touch on about everything (assuming it's one monolithic mod) and I worry about compatibility with some of my other favorites I'm already using.

I plan on realeasing a 'lite' version which will just include the gameplay changes, the full version that comes with all of the extra skins and stuff, and just the skin pack. All three packs will use the TSL patcher, though the VE mod may not work well with all of the other mods out there. Also becuase of the way KOTOR II loads its files if you start useing the mod halfway through a playthrough you will find yourself being crushed over and over again becuase you will not have the enahnced weapons (they do twice as much damage on average) but most of your enemies will. As soon as I get the last few gameplay changes done I will post an official description here. Once again thank you for your questions!

If I understand correctly, he plans on releasing 3 versions, two 'lite' versions, one is the skin pack, the other the Gameplay Changes, and then the full version with both.

Correct. But I could realese pack with just the new items too if people want.

Update: Got some new screens for you all, but first some general news. I have decided to include a small romance enhancment with the VE mod. This enhancment will be small as stated above but I plan on having full voice work and hopefully some kissing (I know KOTOR 1 had a kiss in it so there should be an animation). I am also working on an extension for the end of the game; I thought the original ending was weak and needed something more. Anyway I wanted to know if you all thought it would be better if I go ahead and release the first part and then go for the romance addon and stuff, or if I should wait to release it until it is all finished. The advantage to waiting is that you will only have to do one playthrough instead of two, but it could take a little while (by that I mean probably two or three months). I would love to hear what you think!

Here are the pics as promised:

The new hi-res Atton skin (I will also have a gotee one too):

dpvxvwfpnr.jpg

And to get you all excited, a certain someone else:

uoftxqyvuv.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Really nice work indeed! Right now I'm playing through Kotor and when I finish I'll go again with Kotor II, I will certainly have this mod in my Override. Could you add more pictures of Kreia?

Are you planning on changing some in game environments? What about changing the Harbinger? I think the Harbinger should be a little darker in the inside, so I would feel more like a ghost ship, like the place where Kreia meets Darth Sion. It's just an idea.

In any case, keep the good work, I can't wait to this mod to be released!

That screenshot with Visas in it: Is that going to be her standart-clothing or an armor?

In the screen shot those are Bloodborn robes which are only wearable by Visas. She will also have her normal clothing look (improved a little) and some stealth oriented robes.

seems its the first time i saw this thread, so i just took a look at those screens and read the comments afterwards; really good work tho. i like the reskins pretty much, specially attons face, what u did to baodurs skin so far, and mira (damn she looks a bit bitchy now but definitly hot, keep it, me likey yay :D). nemas reskin of the disciple is well done as well, since im always trying to get this game looking more "smooth". any updates bout the estimated release date? cant wait, cant wait, cant wait ;):D

Don't worry Torthane, it is worth it! We have all criticize many game developpers for releasing a game with bugs, so you take your time and see that everything is ok. We all apreciate the effort and the time you're investing in this mod.

Don't worry Torthane, it is worth it! We have all criticize many game developpers for releasing a game with bugs, so you take your time and see that everything is ok. We all apreciate the effort and the time you're investing in this mod.

Glad to hear it! Hopefully it will be bug free by the time I release it.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm glad to see a few new people intruduced to the mod and I'm glad you like what you see so far. I am still testing it/adding new skins and items but it is all working pretty well. I will probably post some more screenshots soon. Thanks for continuing to show interest averyone!

Archived