Home

Veridian Echo Mod part 1

Torthane

Thanks for the feedback Foolproof! Believe me, I love long posts and I plan on including multiple skin choices in the pack so people can pick the ones they like the best. I'm still not quite sure what to do with Desciple and Handmaiden but I'll try your suggestion about the eyes. The main trouble with the disciple is that he has some texture stretching and the way the developers mapped him is a little strange. In other words he's a little hard to work on, but I'll do my best to fix him and the Handmaiden up. Glad you like the skins so far.

Cheers,

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thanks for the feedback Foolproof! Believe me, I love long posts and I plan on including multiple skin choices in the pack so people can pick the ones they like the best. I'm still not quite sure what to do with Desciple and Handmaiden but I'll try your suggestion about the eyes. The main trouble with the disciple is that he has some texture stretching and the way the developers mapped him is a little strange. In other words he's a little hard to work on, but I'll do my best to fix him and the Handmaiden up. Glad you like the skins so far.

Cheers,

If it were up to me, I'd give Disciple a whole new head. Give him an actual upperlip.

Hello Torthane, great pictures and surely this will b a great mod!

Like what you did with Handmaiden, as it is in the picture above. Atton and Mira look great in the second pic of each other. Disciple, well, I don't use him in the game but he looks ok. Can't wait to see what can you do about Bao-Dur. I never liked his face much, I think is a little fat for his body. I would like him better if he had a skinnier face like Darth Maul. Do not use the same color as Maul's, please! I'm intrigued about Kreia and Visas, I think they look fine. Anyways, keep the good job!

Update: Underwear skins completed for Mira and Visas. Handmaiden will be done soon (she will have multiple skin choices since you have to see her in her undies.) Hopefully no one will find these too offensive (If you do I will include more modest ones in the mod in addition to these shown below).

What's better than a girl in her underwear with a nice gun? :naughty:

avzbvjnfpp.jpg

Except a girl in her underwear with two lightsabers! :nut:

pbrstyfnjv.jpg

Calling all Beta testers.

Update: Everything is working so far and I have begun testing. Thing is I am going to need some beta testers to try out the gameplay enhancements/rebalencing. I'll have more details in a little while. If anyone is interested in testing this mod in the near future you can post here or PM me. Thanks! More pics and info on the way soon. More info about beta testing here: http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=171046

PM sended.

Also will these reskins change their portraits?

It surely will. Unless I run into problems. I am also going to have new Darkside transitions for them (less zombie like and more like they are evil inside). This mod is also going to have new items and some new sounds and stuff.

Nicely done Torthane, the facial hair on atton is really well done makes him seem more like he should. and the mira and handmaiden textures are really good too.

Are you also going to have rextextures of the PC skins or just the npcs?

Good question, by the final release I will have new darkside transitions at least and maybe some minor reskin work too. Plus I am going to throw in a little surprise for everyone (beta testers like yourself will of course get to know before anyone else).

1. The more natural-looking skin tone is very appealing.

2. I think the Handmaiden's new face looks great (don't mind the androgynous quality), although I agree that lightened or frosted eyebrows would fit the hair better.

3. Atton's mini goatee is bothering me. I hated the goatees on Dopak and the scarred male PC, as well, though. (Carth) Stubble = very nice.... Mini-goatee or soul-patch = not attractive on my goofy adorable Atton. I admit he should be a little down and out, lost his razor and all that, but I think he would have usually been clean-shaven and a little vain about his pretty-boy looks, IMO.

4. Visas's undersuit is stellar!

5. Oh, and whatever you did to the Disciple is a big improvement (I think his eyes are wonderful). I would like to see him with perhaps a darker shade of hair with some blond highlights around the temples and crown or some-such, and maybe a bit of a shadow under his eyes... His hair is so awful, it makes him look ten years older than Atton even though he's supposed to be younger. I wish we could crop it.

3. Atton's mini goatee is bothering me. I hated the goatees on Dopak and the scarred male PC, as well, though. (Carth) Stubble = very nice.... Mini-goatee or soul-patch = not attractive on my goofy adorable Atton. I admit he should be a little down and out, lost his razor and all that, but I think he would have usually been clean-shaven and a little vain about his pretty-boy looks, IMO.

No fear Nema, I will include multiple skin choices for each npc I reskin (except Visas seeing as her reskin is very minor) And I have a new skin for the Disciple and another one for the Handmaiden. I'll be posting pics soon.

Update: I've got most of the gameplay changes done, just need to test them now. I've still got a few skins to finish, mostly in the area of darkside transitions but I should be pretty close to done once all of the testing is finished. Sorry for the development of this mod going on for so long, but the end is in sight! More updates and pics on the way.

try kotorfiles.com or attach them to a email for the testers

I'm afraid that the files are too large to attach to an email (gmail only lets me attach up to five MBs and the file is more than twenty) Don't worry though, I willl get them up tomorrow, filefront was just acting screwy today.

woo-hoo, I'm waiting.... :) I like the idea of having a couple of choices on skins, looking forward to giving it a run!

Darn it! I forgot to put the extra skins in with the beta files. I'll post them in a separate zip file tomorrow or later today.

For beta testers (including Nema) check your email. I got the files uploaded just a little while ago.

Playing through now. I've got a game crash after the cutscenes of getting shot down on Telos (before meeting Bao-Dur). Before that, everything worked smoothly. Nice custom items, not over-powered, and Atton looks good (I guess I could get used to the goatee).

I'm also trying your music mod -- very nice. I removed it after my game crash to see if that was the problem -- wasn't.

Archived