Home

What if we'd seen Loboto's mind?

Rain Woman

I was just thinking, Dr. Loboto seems to have quite a few fans at deviantart.com. People love drawing him. But I say, Dr. Loboto's pretty damned evil. I mean, he took out nineteen innocent children's brains! He was going to use them to create an army of psychic death tanks to conquer the world! And yes, I know, Coach Oleander was the one behind the brain-stealing plot, not Loboto, but hey, Oleander reformed and Loboto didn't.

Which got me thinking, what if Raz had gone inside Dr. Loboto's mind? What if he'd seen what was causing Loboto's inner demons and cured HIM, instead of Oleander? What if Loboto didn't get blasted out of the tower to his (presumed) demise? That might be an interesting concept to think about.

We could see Loboto's budding career as a dentist, as well as what drove him insane (something tells me these two events go hand-in-hand, somehow). What did he think of Oleander's take-over-the-world plot? Why would he want to destroy innocent people? Did something happen in his past to push him over the edge and into evil-ness?

One possibility sure would be worth exploring: Holly Ziviene's theory that Bobby is Dr. Loboto's bastard son. If Bobby is so, does either he or Loboto know it? Looking inside Loboto's mind would likely shed some light on this story. It would certainly add a great deal of poignancy to Bobby's character, and God knows he could use some more development.

I know all of Loboto's fans out there would have loved to hear Loboto's side of the story. Sure, he's a fascinating character, but we don't really get to see him as anything other than evil incarnate. Might have been nice to see what makes him tick, don't you guys think?

"A lot of things are going to change around here, Razputin. A power shift. Some big figures will be going down. Some new stars rising. For the meek, justice. For the abusers of power, wedgies and indian burns."

I don't think Loboto was curable, where Oleander was simply insecure Loboto was downright insane. Sure, you could argue that we "cured" the patients at the asylum but by the slight eye-twitch Fred gave it hinted (in a humorous way) that Raz hadn't cured their insanity, just their problems.

I would loved to see what was in Loboto's mind, if done well it would have been creepier than Boyds though without the loveable G-men. (Perhaps Toothy?)

Loboto's mind would be a true mental detist office, complete with exxagerated drills and random children screaming while under 'operation'. I think that Loboto was just near too much psytanium, able to make nonpsychics insane as Cruller said, and thus went mad. I'd like to see how Loboto and Oleander met though.

The reason Loboto isn't seen as evil by most is that apart from the brainstealing and his attitude towards Sheegor (Who has probably been blackmailed into service by Loboto solely because she's good with brains), he comes off as a nice guy(at least to Dogen).

One possibility sure would be worth exploring: Holly Ziviene's theory that Bobby is Dr. Loboto's bastard son. If Bobby is so, does either he or Loboto know it? Looking inside Loboto's mind would likely shed some light on this story. It would certainly add a great deal of poignancy to Bobby's character, and God knows he could use some more development.

My theory behind Loboto's insanity is that he took one look at the way Bobby's teeth were coming along and he promptly went insane, causing an urge to pull bigger and bigger teeth from his patients (possibly when there was nothing wrong with said teeth) until he decided that the brain was "the biggest tooth of them all", hence the brainstealing. It's true that Bobby never did mention Loboto on-screen, leaving the question up in the air... but then again, if he does remember Loboto I doubt he's about to tell anyone. It'd be hillarious though:

Bobby:Papa? PAPA! *latches onto Loboto, who screams in horror and tries to get free* YOU CAME BACK FROM THE STORE! ;____;

Also, I doubt Psitanium was what caused Loboto to go insane, as, according to Vernon's story (which I assume was once the honest truth like the lake monster story, just blown out of proportion and added to with each retelling) Loboto didn't originate in Thorney Towers - he's an escaped lunatic from another asylum. However, the Psitanium probably didn't help his sanity any. D:

As for Loboto's mind, I second the Mental Dentist's Office theory.

When I started playing Psychonauts for the first time...(last year)

I actually thought I was going to get to see his mind eventually towards the end of the game, imagine my dissapointment! But seriously, Bobby related to Cali? I think Tim would've hinted it in some way if it were true. But yeah, I THIRD the mental destist office thing...heh, third xD

I draw him 24/7 myself so I have to agree he should've been more developed.

My theory behind Loboto's insanity is that he took one look at the way Bobby's teeth were coming along and he promptly went insane, causing an urge to pull bigger and bigger teeth from his patients (possibly when there was nothing wrong with said teeth) until he decided that the brain was "the biggest tooth of them all", hence the brainstealing. It's true that Bobby never did mention Loboto on-screen, leaving the question up in the air... but then again, if he does remember Loboto I doubt he's about to tell anyone. It'd be hillarious though:

Bobby:Papa? PAPA! *latches onto Loboto, who screams in horror and tries to get free* YOU CAME BACK FROM THE STORE! ;____;

I thought it'd be more likely that Dr. Loboto would have cut all ties with Mama Zilch after knocking her up, as most men do. If he did ever see Bobby after he was born, and if Bobby knew he was his father, no doubt Bobby would have lots of questions for his mama:

Young Bobby: Mommy, who don't you and Daddy live together in the same house? All the other kids' mommies and daddies do.

Mama Zilch: Because you're a little bastard, sweetie.

Also, I doubt Psitanium was what caused Loboto to go insane, as, according to Vernon's story (which I assume was once the honest truth like the lake monster story, just blown out of proportion and added to with each retelling) Loboto didn't originate in Thorney Towers - he's an escaped lunatic from another asylum. However, the Psitanium probably didn't help his sanity any. D:

As for Loboto's mind, I second the Mental Dentist's Office theory.

Yeah, I was also thinking that Vernon's story might have some basis in the truth. Unless we see a Psychonauts sequel, I guess all our truckloads of questions will have to go unanswered. :cry8:

"This game will blow your mind...out of your nose." - an ad

First the similarities between Sasha and the Censors, and now the similarities between Loboto and Bobby. How could I have not seen these earlier? So many questions left unaswered. I kinda like that at times though. Things that keep you guessing and thinking are more interesting then just knowing everything about them.

...I just realized Zilch and Nein are synonyms.

So Bobby could also be the bastard child of Sasha.

...or the adopted child of both.

Loboto/Sasha fics? Oh god... I just unleashed a horrible Pandora's Box of doom from which there is no closing.

Archived