Home

Commander bonuses?

YertyL

So, we all know that a fleet/field commander grants a 25% health bonus and increased line of sight.

My question is: What bonuses do the other "commander heroes" (Emperor, Mon Mothma, Tarkin etc.) grant? Does it pay to bring Tarkin along if you already have a fleet commander? Does it pay to bring the Emperor along if you already have Piett?

I am pretty sure that Ackbar/Piett are (besides their enhanced ships) "normal" commanders, meaning they give the usual health and LOS bonus.

But what about the others?

Yes, I'd like to know this too. Can anyone help?

Fleet/Field Commanders - 25% enhancement bonus

Ackbar (Home One) - 25% health (space)

Emperor Palpatine - 25% health (space/land), 25% shields (space)

Tarkin - 25% health, 10% damage, 10% shields, 10% evasion, 10% move speed

Mon Mothma - 25% health

Piett (Accuser) - 25% health (space), 25% health to Star Destroyers (stacks)

In general, bonuses to the same "stat" don't stack, with the only current exception being Piett. However, multiple heroes that affect different stats stack, so if you had Tarkin and the Emperor in the same fleet, you would get a 25% shield bonus instead of 10% since the game uses the best of the two.

For the modders, the bonuses basically use the same special ability block, so you can mix and match bonuses to taste.

Thank you very much - that's interesting. I never thought Tarkin was that powerful - I guess him and the Emperor are both the most powerful and most risky combination (no retreat for the emperor)

But shouldn't Mon Mothma be a bit better than a normal commander? She is a faction leader after all...

I only ever use Mon Mothma in the early stages of the game, when money is short and I need the discount you get when she's present in a system. Making her a little more useful would be a great addition to the game.

Yeah, I move her around a lot in the early game. Then she sits at my level 4 shipyard planet. :)

I generally don't take her into combat either...though I've taken to bringing my leaders along to the last battle I fight, just to raise the stakes.

Well, consider that her combat ability is minimal and she is not that of a survivor, I would say she is not suitable for combat whatsoever.

I think they should at least give her two units of elite troopers or something, just to make her survivable in combat.

Currently she is the least functional combatant hero, worse than a generic commander.

There's no need for that; it's not like she's supposed to pick up a blaster and start blowing people away. I just think that there ought to be some better bonuses involved when she's present on a ground/space map. She is, after all, the supreme leader and inspiration of the Rebellion. When the soldiers know her life is at stake they ought to get a little something extra to represent that they're trying harder.

Archived