Home

Star Wars : Shadows Of The Force

Ali Gelmar

Mal took a last look at his freind Meg then openend the council chamber door and walked in to the darkness he could make out the figure of each of the Jedi Master and waited for the the one thing he had been training most of his life for to happen suddenly the was a flash of green and blue as all of the master lightsabers turned of and Jedi Master Atris stood before him lightsaber in her hands.

" Soon your trials will begin young padwan you will enter through the door to your left and travel down on the elevator deepin to the core of the academy no arms or equipment may be taken, do you accept these terms?" She said calmy steping forward and taking Mals lightsaber and his utility belt and leading him to a door to the left where Master Kavar was standing patiently.

" Good luck my aprentice," he said and then he opened the door and bowed at Mal all the masters turned to face him and the last thing he saw as the elevatory began a long descent was them bowing in apreciation.

" Here goes nothing" Mal sighe as the door around theelevator closed and they plunged into the water and then further down a casm in the ground.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After what seemed hours Ali stepped of the elevator into a cave like area and walked towards some door a blury hologram of Atris activated she bowed then the doors opened alowing Mal to enter into a tomb it was poorly lit by some lantern at the end there was a table he walked towards it and looed at the pieces of a lightsaber he began to put them together slowly concentrating on each piece and smiling when he put it in correctly.

On the desolate plains of Xandra, a Jedi walked, solomn faced, with a fixed thought...'destroy the Sith Lord!'

His cloak flapping about him, like a flag-banner, waving in the wind, on the eaves of war. His leather boots had taken him far, and were ragged, and scuffed. The scene had slowly changed from plains, to rocky, dry steppes. The Jedi turned, and looked down upon the small stone temple, inbedded in the side of a small cleft-steppe, this is where his journey ended, and his mission assured.

He walked up to the small entrance, it was indeed a small temple, only half a story high, and had a small round metal door, with a hinge for a means of opening it. He reached forward to open the door when he heard, "Why do you come to this place? Do you come to seek my knowledge?..." said the strong, but slightly cracked voice.

"Where be you? Come hither from your hiding knave!" Shouted the Jedi, speaking in an archaic acsent.

"Up, here" responded the voice. Looking up, the Jedi saw a dark figure sitting on an overhang from the small temple roof. He wore a black as night robe, that seemed to sheen in the light of the day, it was embroidered with beutiful golden patterning along the edges and hem. He wore black gloves, that seemed to be made from the hide of some unknown scaled creature. His boots were likewise, but the bottum was serrated with criss-crossing spike-like-blades. He sat in a meditating position, all that could be seen of his hooded face was his nose and lower, his eyes stay hidden under the dark cloak.

"You! You are the evil tainting the young who seek your knowledge!" Said the Jedi indignantly.

"Am I? Or do I just tell them the truths they seek, that no jedi is willing to answer," said the covered man.

"We answer honestly, and truthfully to ALL who seek answers, it is thow who is the the liar, and bigot! I feel the evil that doth flow from your wretched bones, Sith! We know thow's treacheries!" Shouted the Jedi, though no anger eminated from him.

"Honestly!? Or do you just twist the truth to suit your needs? You presume to know me; to call me a liar, a bigot, and one of evil. Do you seek further than just what flows from the surface to the mind, do you seek to see what is trully within me, or do you only blind yourself to what is so easily within your sight! You say to know me by my looks, and presumed actions, but I say this, you, and your order are the ones of evil, the heratics of this wretched age, and it is you who will be the ultimate evil, in times to come, you will see!" Said the Sith, though calmer than what would be expected of a sith.

The Jedi ignited his saber, the Cyan blade humming in the cool, sun-touched air. Then, something odd happened, it turned to darkness, and he was surrounded by blackness! His blade the only thing lighting the dark vortex which surrounded him. "What trickery is this!?" Shouted the Jedi into the darkness.

"This is of my doing, but not of the force" came the voice of the omonis Sith. There, coming out of the the shadows was the Sith, now standing a distance away from the Jedi. The Jedi threw his saber at the Sith, it cut through him, but when it hit, the figure turned into a plume of shadowy mist. "What devilry!" Said the Jedi shocked.

Coming out of the shadows came the Sith, right next to the Jedi he stood, facing him. "I can't tell you, you wouldn't understand," said the Sith. The Jedi retreaved his Lightsaber with the force and swung at the Sith, but this time the Sith ignited his own saber. The Bronze blade igniting at his side, bringing it up he quickly blocked the strike, then dissapeared. The Jedi was bewildered, 'where had he gone, what was going on?' Then out of the darkness, appeared the Sith once more, only behind the Jedi, before he knew what was happening, he felt a sudden burning in his stomach. Looking down he saw the blade of the Sith protruding from his gut.

"I...have failed," said the Jedi slumping to the ground. The Sith grabbed him, and slowly let him down, "No, you have succeeded, your destiny is complete, for in this battle, you have gained unintentional enlightenment," said the Sith softly.

"Who are you? You are like no Sith I have ever met..." said the Jedi gasping.

"I am who I am, one of the honorable and true..." said the Sith in response. "May the Force be with you, honorable Jedi, may you have the rest you deserve" said the Sith softly.

"Thank you..." said the Jedi, the last thing he said in his life. The Sith layed him down, and smiled, closing the lids of the dead Jedi, he carried him off to the temple...

The air of the long lost and forgotten planet of Xandra started to flow as a small freighter landed on it. A loading ramp opened and about three soldiers in a black suit with silver armour with a black visor in each side. After a while, they bowed to two figures who got on Xandra's terrain. One had a black cloak and tunic, a hood pulled up covering the eyes, and had a pyramid shaped top of a silver rod, a lightsaber. Altough, it seemed like it was in half. The other, who was a woman, was simply donned in black clothing, and also had a lightsaber. They were Alex Skyrider and Tara Knull, now named Darth Arken and Darth Escura. They had met long ago, studying the Sith ways, and now where searching for a long lost secret buried in the ancient temples.

"Guards, be sure to have the ship ready to fly onto the second moon to The Scar." He told them.

"But Sir, why not land The Scar directly in here?" One of them asked.

"This ancient planet has auto-defense turrets, and the atmosphere blocks almost anything from landing, except a small freighter, which is our case. Now behave, unless you want to spend the rest of your lives in this forgotten planet as a rotten, mutilated and behead corpse," He said, smirking.

"Yes sir," The trooper answered, doing a continence.

"Well, Escura, what do you think?"

"I think this is as good a place as any to begin our search, Arken," Escura replied. "Although... there is something strange about this place. Xandra is supposed to be uninhabited - ravaged and destroyed by centuries of war, and yet," she looked out over the desolate plains, "I can sense there is another here besides us."

Out in the middle of a very small canyon, lay a small crater. It was 3 meters in diameter, and only 2 feet deep, and out of the bottum came a small, flat black rock. It had naturally eroded into the simple form of what seemed to be a sitting cushion: and though it looked hard, cold and slick, it was infact the opposite, for one reason or another.

To the left and right stood the canyon wall, going up 10 stories, but only 2 feet from the edge of the crater; to the left and right, stood two oboliscks, one on either side. The one to the right had an unknown species' glyphs etched down the four sides of the tall monuments, they were dyed an incandescent blue. The one to the left was of the same size and shape, but it had a different species' glyphs running down it's sides: and the glyphs were dyed red, not blue like the other.

Infront of the crater stood a simple tan-stoned pyramid, only around waist height. It stood only a foot from the edge of the crater. It was smooth and simple, no glyphs or marks, and was made of a strange sand-stone.

Behind the crater stood a round oval shaped statue, etched from the ground itself, still connecting to the ground that it was formed from. It stood 3 feet from the crater's edge, and was as tall as a two story house; it blocked out the view of the horizon behind it.

Within this crater sat the Sith on the black stone, cross-legged, in a look that belied medatation. He sat still, seeming devoid of all that went on about him, and yet, he was more aware of what went on around him than anyone would have thought. He seemed almost dead, for he was that still, but then he raised his hooded head a bit, and concetrated on something. 'Ah...They're here...' he mused to himself, a small smirk playing across his face. Then lowering his head, he waited, knowing it was only a matter of time.

The Sith was still waiting, motionless as the stones around him, a yipping noise could be heard not too far away. A small animal, furry, long snouted, lolling tongue, came trotting up to the edge of the crater, it was a lupus, or a wolf, though wide spread throughout the galaxy, for some reason common animals, were not so common in this galaxy, and many of those common animals lived on Xandra, happily, at least in times of peace and solitude. The wolf sniffed at the Sith from the edge of the crater, at first he started to growl, then as if he recognized the person sitting there, he stopped, and started wagging his tail, then trotted off. The Sith still sat there, motionless, 'Come now child....' he thought to himself, feeling the connection one of the two had briefly created to the place he now sat, but this time, he made his thoughts known, and detectable, but only to the one, and he also made his thoughts seem as if they were coming from all directions. He smirked once more, he knew she would hear, and come, he felt she was close to the dark side, but still lacked something, the other...was far less connected to the dark side, weaker in his connections, but, if he wished to face the truth, then come he would, whether it was meant for him to come or not.

He knew their journey would be easy and short, he felt no creature would impede their path, for there were none strong enough to oppose them in this direction in the first place; just bears, wolves, and kaduu, and none of those would attack without a purpose. So the Sith sat...and waited...keeping himself aware of their every thought, word, and action.

Arken smirked, withdrawing his lightsaber and twirling, but not igniting it.

"Even the smallest sight of a lightsaber can scare someone. Let's see if it is our case," Arken told her, putting his lightsaber back on the belt. "Now let's find this supposed dark secret."

He started walking thowards the West, where was the canyon, but the more they walked, it looked like the farer they were going.

Arken humphed, "These are simple illusions of Xandra, we are in fact even closer than we see."

'And now...you are here...' thought the Sith, his thoughts reaching out to her. The illusion of the canyon getting farther away dissapating, and as if it had been shot from a giant sling, it snapped up infront of the two sith, the two huge walls looming their dark faces infront of them. 'Enter...' went the thought, this time he allowed them both to hear it. Howling could be heard from the tops of the canyon walls, and greedy eyes could be seen learing at them from hidden caves, and the cliff tops. Four extremely large wolves lay down around the crater, which lay within the middle of the canyon, they were calm, and at peace, even with the racket the other wolves were making. 'Worry not about them...they mean no harm...and it would be pointless ignorance to strike them down anyway...now...follow the cold shiver of fear that runs down your spine...and you will find what you seek...' this thought was once again only directed at the girl, he wanted to see what the boy would do in this situation, he wanted to see how he would react to the wolves, without the warning he gave to the girl.

Due to Escura's tresspassment into the canyon, many of the wolves started coming out of the caves, and scaled down the cliff faces. Many yipped, yowled, and barked at her, but none approached too close, some young stupid ones, who showed no visible signs of threatening her would come up and sniff her hand, or nudge her from behind to motion her forward. The others just stared, greedily at her, knowing that she may be more dangerous than she seemed. More and more poured out, until there wee literally hundreds, many now starting to notice the boy as well, they circled them, only the young ones approaching, as said earlier. But when the girl moved forward, they would follow in a circular pattern around her.

The Sith reached deep and sent a force blast at her saying, 'farther...come...just a couple more steps...follow the growing anxiety and fear....come!...' this was sent in a fashion that would make it seem as if his very words echoed off the cliff walls, and even come from the wolves themselves as well. He smiled as he felt the two being, filled with fear, whether they wished to admit it or not, came closer. HAHAHAHA....do you feel it? It's within your grasp...look for the four watchers...hehehe, hahahahaaaa....' he sent this thought to them both, causing the same effect as the last message, only darker, and more promanent, for this was his last message.

The Sith sat there, motionless, the boy had taken a big risk approaching the crater, while the watchers were there. "Yes..." said the Sith, in response to the boy's question, barely moving his lips to speak. The wolves stopped their circling when they got close to the watchers, and started to move back into the caves, only a few dozen of the wolves stayed, laying down calmly. The Sith said no more, and waited for the girl, who seemed to have lagged behind.

As soon as the girl had set foot in the crater, the four enormous wolves got up and stared at her, showing no signs of threat, but they still seemed angry. The Sith smiled, and then using his long organic hilt, he pulled himself upright. He straightened his cloak and walked to the girl, standing over her like the rocks that surrounded them. He seemed amused, and yet a glint of cunning could be seen on his concealed face. "Finally, you are here...it took you longer than expected...but that is no hinderance either way..." he said finally. Then with strong arms he grabbed the girls shoulders in a vice-like grip, and lifted her up, he took several steps forward, to the edge of the crater, and set her down outside of it. The four large wolves, stopped staring at her angrily, and layed back down.

"Do not anger the watchers, they're more dangerous than you, or your friend...or both of you combined..." said the Sith glancing at the four creatures. Stepping out of the crater he stood, looking down into the girl's eyes, studying her carfully; then turning to the boy he studied him, then turned back to the girl. "Why have you come?" He said at last, waiting for a response.

"To uncover a secret of the Dark Side long lost here in Xandra. I assume you have something to do with it," Arken said, stepping backwards, "And you seem awfully interested in Escura. I don't like that."

The Sith chuckled at the end of the boy's comment. "Afraid I'll steal your girl?" At this the Sith let out a hardy laugh. "Boy dont patronize me, the last time I had a girl falling for me was tweny years ago. But yes, I'm interested in her...but for other purposes than trying to take her from you...hahaha, boy you have a hard time hiding your emotions," he said smiling and shaking his head, mirth could be seen played across his lips, but even through all that, the glint of cunning was still apparent.

"But the secret you seek will come in time, if you choose to follow me..." he said, the mirth gone from his face.

"But let ME ask you a question. Why did you go here to this forgotten place?"

At this the Sith seemed to get angry, "you dont know the half of it, and even if you did, your arrogant, and ignorant, 'sith' pride would keep you from fully grasping the thought, let alone the purpose" he said a look of discust now on his face. "These new age sith are such fools, nothing like what the sith were in their years of glory" said the Sith to himself. "Boy you sicken me...and you've stepped off on dangerous ground with me, and I dont anger easily either; if you wish to get any further in your quest, I advise you keep your wagging tongue in check!" This seemed to be all that was needed to keep the boy shut up for the moment.

A little overprotective, aren't you? Escura thought. Still, the barest hint of a smile crept across the corners of her mouth

The Sith turned back to the girl, the anger, and discust quickly dissapating. "OVER, protective, I guess so, but I see a future in you, and I dont need you dieing before hand," he said, a grin spreading on his face as the girl realized he had heard what she thought. "So, before your self proclaimed boyfriend decides to throw more useless words around, tell me, what YOUR true purpose is here? Your connection to the force is darker than his...yet you follow him at a beckon call...why? Also I sense your attittude, it eminates anger, why? Tell me, why have YOU come...for I sense something behind this...things aren't the way they're supposed to be, why?" He said this, almost half talking to himself, as if he were asking himself the questions and not her, and yet he WAS asking her.

Archived