Home

Should Kotor III be a Freeform RPG?

Alkonium

I've recently been playing the Elder Scrolls games, and thinking about how they're freeform RPG's in that you can disregard the main quest completely if you choose to, and do whatever you want, and be whoever you want. And then I thought, would this work in a Star Wars game? In both Kotor games, we were forced into the role of a Jedi, force to choose between good and evil, with our ideas of doing whatever we wanted were completely squandered. So why not have Kotor III be a game where you can be exactly what you want be?

I don't know about other people, but I don't like this idea at all. It would ruin Kotor for me.

I have played Morrowind and Oblivion, and both of those games grew boring rather quickly. That is because the main quest simply sucks, there's no atmosphere in those games.

Kotor is not about big explorable worlds with a lot of monsters and items, but about story, characters and dialogs.

I wouldn't mind more side quest, that would enable you to continue the game after you beat it (maybe if you choose the darkside you could hunt down the remaining Jedi, which really wouldn't be bitting too much from Episode 3 b/c a sith lord would actually do this), but I don't think it should be the focus of the game. I loved Oblivion but don't think they should do KOTOR like it in that aspect.

Archived