Home

Question About Religion

RaV™

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply
A choice, yes, but they'd be far more inclined to the religion they were raised with.

My thoughts exactly, although it's not a bulletproof theory...Like I said at the very start of this thread, it comes down to common sense and good parenting, with good ethics and moral values, regardless of which religion they follow...

To be blunt, religion is a social problem. As someone who does not believe in any particular religion, I have an open mind on this subject, but religion should be a choice, as it is a belief. It should not be forced upon you by your family, on the other hand "belief" doesn't do a thing in the "afterlife" because when you die you with rot in a coffin for a hundred years until the government digs you up to make room for new ones, or you end up part of the compost when your ashes are scattered :D

One thing that particuarly annoys me about religion is that people are willing to kill themselves for a belief that is unfounded in so many ways that have no concrete proof. Evolution should have no opposition because there is concrete proof to sway the point, and yet there are those who oppose, and people accept this. However when people oppose certain religious beliefs (mentioning none because i don't want to be hunted down and killed), they are killed for opposing something that has no true proof... no proof that books were written by God or whatever the hell <insert religion here> calls him/her/it/heshe, and yet people think that they cannot be opposed.

No one religion can be considered over another because for the most part, if you'll pardon me, they are all entirely unfounded. I'm not going to go into details, but there is nothing to say that the New Testament (just making an example) was not written by a hermit living in a cave. There is as much proof that there is a God as there is that the force is real... and there are people who believe that to be true aswel...

Alright, I'm not gonna continue any further because I could rant aimlessly for hours, and I think I've stepped on enough people's toes for one night. Adue.

Archived