Home

I need your opinion

RaV™

I am asking for fellow forum members for their opinion on my fanfic in the CEC. Brothers United: The Beginning. So far five chapters and a prologue has been posted, but I get more looks than I do with people's input. So I decided to make a poll to see how exactly you rate the first installment in the trilogy. Obviously either Mach is too tied up with being busy or my work is garbage..but anyway just let me know through this thread ..a explanationwould be nice too..

Thanks

RaV

First off, I think this technically counts as advertising. Which is a no-no.

Second, don't worry about the lack of comments - only a few people get many, if any at all. God knows nobody ever comments on mine, either, and it's a pain in the ass, yes, but there's nothing you can do about it.

Third, Mach will review your story eventually - he has a system. He reviews the oldest fics first, working his way up to the most recent ones.

Fourth, even if this isn't considered advertising, it's in the wrong forum. It would be better places in the CEC.

Every single author has a lot more views than comments, and it's about a 1:10 comment to view ratio. That's normal. Lots of people like to read but don't always have time to comment, or don't feel comfortable commenting. That's OK. Sometimes I have time to read something quickly but no time to sit and compose thoughts to provide an intelligent critique. Sometimes I wait a few chapters to see how things develop. Since school is now in full swing for most of the readers at CEC, I expect it to take longer to get comments, because schoolwork should be a priority over posting here. :)

If they're continuing to look at it, they're reading along. If they thought it was bad, they wouldn't continue to read and your views would drop off. It is incorrect to think 'they're not commenting, so they must hate it'.

Machievelli does his review in order of posting, oldest to newest. Yours is relatively new, so I don't expect him to get to it for awhile. Did you check out his sticky on this?

All that being said, don't write because you want warm fuzzies from fellow readers. Write the story because you want to create something fun for yourself. If it's fun for you, others will enjoy it also. I actually didn't write my Jolee story for others--I wrote it for my own fun, and decided to share it with others here.

Archived