Home

Halo 3 Magazine Scans

TiE23

Half-Life compares to Halo like Apples to Oranges

Very different types of games

Half-Life is a first person adventure at heart, with shooting segments of course. The story is also a dystopian tale that reveals the strength of the human race.

Halo is a deliciously unrealistic slick far future set sci-fi shooter, but not as far fetched and over-the-top as Unreal Tournament, for example.

Well, sure. Maybe it was a bad comparison. But my point was It lacked something special, something that links to past games.

Half-Life compares to Halo like Apples to Oranges

Very different types of games

Half-Life is a first person adventure at heart, with shooting segments of course. The story is also a dystopian tale that reveals the strength of the human race.

Halo is a deliciously unrealistic slick far future set sci-fi shooter, but not as far fetched and over-the-top as Unreal Tournament, for example.

Well, sure. Maybe it was a bad comparison. But my point was It lacked something special, something that links to past games.

That's because the thing Halo lacked was a great story. I mean it was alright, but it was a bit generic. Then I checked out Halo: The Fall Of Reach by Eric Nylund, and I'll be damned if it didn't make me realize the depth that the Halo universe has that the games just can't communicate to you. Half Life 2 is still, IMO, the best story driven FPS. I mean, in a FPS where the first half hour to an hour is spent walking around, and no cutscenes, you'd think it would be ****, but they did it so damn well. Not to mention it had awsome tech to go with it.

In short, Halo has a deep universe, but it doesn't communicate that to you in the game. The Fall of Reach and First Strike really make it shine. Half Life 2 just has it built in.

Also, Halo has better Multiplayer IMO.

except dinner. i dont see any of that here....

And yeah. os basically that vid was the guy just saying what the magazine said? looks good, although im slightly dissapointed at the nail greande idea. isnt exactly original...

EDIT---------

Dammit jebbers, are you ever online? I mean, yeah, theres a time difference, but still... I'm up till 12 most nights and you havnt seem to come on. It makes me sad :(

Archived