Home

Final touch

oldflash

I love this mod oldflash! this is by far my favorite one for tsl as of yet. What program do you use for modeling and skinning and such? you've made me curious.

My real question and reason why I posted was this: I'm sorry if someone already asked this, but is this mod completely compatible with the holowan emporium mods (1 and 2 for now) or will I have to do a bit of work? I already have to reinstall and everything from a mistake of mine and before I did some of the robes from the holowan emporium were screwing up, so I may have answered my own question. If anyone wants to clarify at all, then please do. I just got back into this stuff.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ok, ty for that oldflash. I really do admire your work. Let's just see if I can't fix that robe problem now...

Edit: I still have no idea why the holowan emporium is screwing up my robes. It works fine when it's uninstalled. Maybe I'll leave it like this. I don't even think the holowan emporium has any textures at all in it... doesn't matter. it was probably my fault anyways. I have to redo everything now anyways.

I tried this mod with a new game, and I really enjoyed it for the most part. I really like some of the new robes especially. However, due to some issues I want to uninstall it but continue with my Final Touch savegame. Here's a list of problems: I'm getting weird texture glitches (a lot of face and clothing textures look like they're using 256 colors or something - everything looks low quality), it seems like my influence is messed up (my influence with Atton and BaoDur is already at 100 even though I've barely talked to either one), and a lot of the items are too "uber" for me (I had my Dexterity up to 26 before even leaving Peragus). I'm not sure the influence bug is due to Final Touch, but I'm going to try to remove it before recruiting any more NPCs (I've just left Telos) to see if that makes the new NPCs start out normally. I'm using a few dialog fixes and the like, but no other mods that should be changing anything relating to influence. Anyway, as soon as I remove this mod, the texture problem (and obviously the new items) are gone, so I know Final Touch is the problem there. Also, I'm playing Light Side, so that shouldn't have anything to do with the texture problem.

However, removing the mod results in another problem. Even if I uninstall and reinstall the game, deleting my override folder in the process, when I load my save made with Final Touch (without the mod installed), Bao-Dur's Remote appears with the wrong model (the same one Shem was getting: http://www.lucasforums.com/showpost.php?p=2206004&postcount=31). I thought this was set in the appearance.2da file, which gets deleted when I remove Final Touch. Is there a way to fix this? It seems that the model is stored in my savegame somehow, or that the appearance.2da file included with the game (in an archive, I assume) was changed. If somebody has a "vanilla game" savegame with Bao Dur recruited, I could load it and see what Remote looks like. I don't know a lot about modding KOTOR & KOTOR2, but I know how to use KSE. I was going to use that to remove the Final Touch items once I fixed the Remote problem. When I remove Final Touch, my save loads fine (the Final Touch items have a solid white icon, but that will go away when I remove those items with KSE).

Any help is very much appreciated.

The best thing is to discard that savegames made under this mod. There are many things altered like bonus feats/forcepowers, bonus porcepoints, appearance changed (like remote's case), influence, random loot scripts and many other things which will be readed from savegame instead of existed files.

Sorry if I can't help too much but I don't think you can remove all that effects from savegame.

I'm getting weird texture glitches (a lot face and clothing textures look like they're using 256 colors or something - everything looks low quality)

[snip]

Anyway, as soon as I remove this mod, the texture problem (and obviously the new items) are gone, so I know Final Touch is the problem there.

Some graphics cards have problems displaying TGA textures properly unless you set the texture quality (in your graphics driver control panel, not in the game) to the highest option available. Standard game textures are TPC compressed and thus not affected, but most textures added by mods are in TGA format.

(For example I had no problems playing TSL with my old Radeon 9800 card, but once I upgraded to a Radeon X1900 card texture corruption similar to what you describe occurred with my re-textured robes. Setting the Texture Preference to "High Quality" (rather than "Quality" which it was set to as default) in the ATI Tray Tools solved the problem though.)

The best thing is to discard that savegames made under this mod. There are many things altered like bonus feats/forcepowers, bonus porcepoints, appearance changed (like remote's case), influence, random loot scripts and many other things which will be readed from savegame instead of existed files.

Sorry if I can't help too much but I don't think you can remove all that effects from savegame.

I haven't gone too far yet, so I guess I wouldn't mind restarting that much. Still, it's annoying that so many things are stored in the savegame. Why can't all those things be edited by KSE (unless I'm just missing them)?

Also, does Final Touch affect Influence with NPCs like I suspected (you seem to be suggesting it does too)? If so, I have a friendly suggestion. You might want to mention that clearer in the readme. A warning that this mod will make the game a lot easier would be nice. I knew the mod added new items, but I thought it was basically just an "item mod."

Just in case it's an option, is there an easy way for me to remove the Influence change (assuming Final Touch changes it) and the new items easily? In other words, for me to keep what I have so far but "fix" NPCs I haven't recruited yet to be set back to their "factory defaults".

(For example I had no problems playing TSL with my old Radeon 9800 card, but once I upgraded to a Radeon X1900 card texture corruption similar to what you describe occurred with my re-textured robes. Setting the Texture Preference to "High Quality" (rather than "Quality" which it was set to as default) in the ATI Tray Tools solved the problem though.)

I have a X1800XT, so that's definitely worth a try. I thought I already had it on High Quality, but I'll have to check. I've never noticed a problem with other games though, and I know I have several games that use TGA textures.

If anyone's still trying to help me, it's unnecessary. I started a new game without Final Touch, and my NPC's influence is correct now. I'm also not getting any texture corruption, although I had to give up those cool robes. :(

Oldflash, have you considered releasing a "FX-only" version of this mod that doesn't affect gameplay? Some people (like me) might like to have the new robes and such without the NPCs and loot being modified. It would probably be a lot of work though.

Anyway, I appreciate everyone's help.

If anyone's still trying to help me, it's unnecessary. I started a new game without Final Touch, and my NPC's influence is correct now. I'm also not getting any texture corruption, although I had to give up those cool robes. :(

Influence was one of small things which contribuite to game unballance. All experience table was rewrite, few feats and forcepowers has granted even from game begining, light side/dark side points was increased, ac bonus, increased number of random items and stuff like that. Texture corruption coud be if you use medium or small textures or could be something related to ati chipset (can't be sure since on my geforce videocard works even weird texures like 243x19 pixels).

Oldflash, have you considered releasing a "FX-only" version of this mod that doesn't affect gameplay? Some people (like me) might like to have the new robes and such without the NPCs and loot being modified. It would probably be a lot of work though.

Considered: yes; releasing: no. For some reasons my computer from 20 dice rools I got 17 times less than 8 and none more than 16. Because that I make this mod to unballance game. To convert all thing to be only for visual fx it will be a waste of time since I wouldn't play in that way (cheating is not an option). Sorry. This mod will remain as it is.

Influence was one of small things which contribuite to game unballance. All experience table was rewrite, few feats and forcepowers has granted even from game begining, light side/dark side points was increased, ac bonus, increased number of random items and stuff like that.

I wish I'd known that before I tried it out. The description on KOTORfiles didn't say anything about unbalancing the game. No real harm was done though, as I didn't get far in my save before realizing this. Still, it would be helpful for people to know ahead of time, I think.

Texture corruption coud be if you use medium or small textures or could be something related to ati chipset (can't be sure since on my geforce videocard works even weird texures like 243x19 pixels).

I have an ATI X1800, so suffice it to say that I run the latest games at the highest settings (not to mention older games like KOTOR2). :p It seems that it was due to the TGA textures used by Final Touch, and forcing my card to use high quality textures fixed the problem.

Considered: yes; releasing: no. For some reasons my computer from 20 dice rools I got 17 times less than 8 and none more than 16. Because that I make this mod to unballance game. To convert all thing to be only for visual fx it will be a waste of time since I wouldn't play in that way (cheating is not an option). Sorry. This mod will remain as it is.

I'm confused. You had to unbalance the mod because of dice rolls? Are you saying the items never came up as loot? I don't really think cheating is much different from unbalancing either, but that's a whole other discussion.

Anyway, thanks for your answer. Once again, I was very impressed with the new robes, weapons, and textures. But the mod ultimately wasn't for me. Don't let me discourage you though - you can't make everyone happy. Keep up the good work!

I really like this mod, oldflash!! -- the melee weapons and Visas's robes are just awesome.

I'm having a problem with the armored robes that are using the Atris robe model, even after clean installs of all my mods after you hooked yours up with the patcher. They're not using the pfbj skins -- they seem to be using the pmbj skins. Example:

armorrobe.jpg

I've been poking around, but can't quite grok yet what I'm supposed to adjust to pick up the right skins. Any instructions would be appreciated!

[edit:] I took a look at the appearance.2da file and all of the female PC's have PMBJ in the texj column -- I edited that to PFBJ and now everything is fine (woohoo! hot robes!!). I guess the patcher needs to be updated to make those changes?

I am having this exact problem and was wondering what you did to resolve that issue with the Atris style robes? I tried to follow your instruction about modifying the appeareance.2da file in the texj column by changing those letters - but I just ended up with white mass of a robe. Any help would be highly appreciated

-thanks

Flash, this is a great mod! I hven't played TSL for about a year, and you've made this a new game for me. Couple of things:

A lot of the PC armours look the same. What files do I need to remove/overwrite so that the Starforge Robes from the Holowan Plug-In to look as they should?

What files do I need to change to make the sith troopers at Freedon Nadd's tomb look like Sith Troopers rather than Stormtroopers? It gave me a chuckle, but kind of took me out of the game a little.

Again, great work! thanks for the wonderful Mod!

Werelyn

I would like a small thing since you TSL Patcher it should be compatiable with most mods, most mods I have are only USM and 2 PC head mods, the rest is just sounds and some robes.

I just like to know if there not any problems if I install like my override is now.

Also Im gonna start a new game so Im guessing it will all be OK.

(Im LS players so there no problems in what you mentioned about LS/DS PC)

A lot of the PC armours look the same. What files do I need to remove/overwrite so that the Starforge Robes from the Holowan Plug-In to look as they should?

Sorry but I belive this mod is incompatible with Hollowan Plugin

I would like a small thing since you TSL Patcher it should be compatiable with most mods, most mods I have are only USM and 2 PC head mods, the rest is just sounds and some robes.

I just like to know if there not any problems if I install like my override is now.

Also Im gonna start a new game so Im guessing it will all be OK.

(Im LS players so there no problems in what you mentioned about LS/DS PC)

There are few items which will work only with my new pc heads but beside that should be no problem.

Your mod is fantastic Oldflash! I have a suggestion for some users who have mod compatibility issues.... partition your hard drive, and install a second TSL on the new partition. Install only the FinalTouch on that installation, and check it out. It is a fantastic stand alone mod, and the best effect is obtained by playing it on it's own.

Just my 2c.... Once again, nice work. Your skins are incredible!

Archived