Home

[FIC]Star Wars: CSI vs. CSI: Pilot Episode

CSI

Well yes. I skim and scan the page, CSI. Surely you must know that by now, only sometimes do I actually read Fics.

[Off topic: Ahh!!! Dark Side Point for Me!!!!

@ Pottsie and JM12: Thanks for compliments.

On topic: Here it is, Chapter 4, maybe shorter than Ch 3]

Chapter 4

Coruscant crime lab. Nihilus walked into the autopsy room and greeted Jolee: “Hi, what do we have here?”

“Hi, yes, yes, you’re here to observe our ‘trunk Zabrak’. Blah, blah, blah, etcetera, etcetera, etcetera. No need to make a fuss out of it. I’m getting old, dammit! It just means I’m one year closer to becoming one with the Force…” Jolee started.

Man. Jolee started the typical joke. Nihilus narrowed his eyes and interrupted him: “Sorry to interrupt, but what do we have here?”

“Well, it’s no longer ‘trunk Zabrak’.” Jolee put away his wry humor and started observing with Nihilus, “Identified him from his dental records. Clercle Vakdue, dead for three days.”

“So I guess he didn’t shoot Jabus.” Nihilus responded.

“Well, the hole sure looks like nines—like we found in the chief.” Jolee pointed at the wound and signaled Nihilus to take a look.

“I’ll call Mira. Thanks. Oh, by the way, you can continue your speech now.” When Nihilus walked out of the autopsy room, he still can hear Jolee’s speech: “…So if you don’t mind I’d like to be alone for a while as my mouth is starting to draw flies…”

Nihilus only can scoff about his old joke.

----

At another room in the Crime Lab, Carth and Visas was dusting for prints on the wine bottle. Visas started: “Hey, Carth.”

“Hm-mmm?” Carth responded.

“Have you been to a swingers’ party?” Visas’s question made Carth nearly jump.

Nearly sweating, Carth answered: “Well, if it’s the same thing as a frat party, yeah, lots of them. Things can get pretty wild.”

“Frat party, huh?” Carth felt Visas’s “eyes” were stayed fixed on him. Then Visas paused for a while, then asked again: “How wild?”

Carth looked at Visas and quoted Mission’s famous line: “Umm…are you sure you want to ask me about that?” He even imitated Mission’s voice.

“Point taken.” Visas smiled.

The computer beeped and both Visas and Carth turned to the monitor. Carth said: “Got a hit on the glass. Work card.”

The computer showed Lohlaes’irn’s face and her information.

“Coruscant Cantina, Lohlaes’irn.” Carth read the info out.

“Who’s she?” Visas asked Carth.

“Dancer.”

----

In the interrogation room, the Twi’lek sat in the chair, facing Nihilus: “Yes, I went to the party.” Then she turned to Carth, “No, I didn’t go alone.” Then she turned back to Nihilus: “And, no, I’m not telling you my date’s name or anyone else who was there. These people are important.”

“Well, a very important police officer was murdered there.” Nihilus explained the situation to her calmly.

“I don’t care.” She shook her head, “It took me a long time to get into the circle, and I plan on staying there.” She put her right leg on her left leg. Carth looked away.

“Was there anybody there you didn’t know?” Turning to Lohlaes’irn, Carth asked her politely.

“Anybody who wasn’t in ‘the circle’?” Nihilus added seriously. Huh. A good citizen. Nihilus thought.

“Well, my date.” Lohlaes’irn said.

“Do you know where he is?” Carth looked sincerely.

“I haven’t seen him since that night.” She replied, “He sent me home with a judge and his wife.”

Nihilus rose his head.

“So…your date stayed at party after you left?” Carth asked her again.

“As far as I know.”

“Where does he live?”

“I don’t know.” She said, “I’ve known him for five days.”

“Well, that’s 120 standard hours on Coruscant,” It’s Nihilus’s turn to smile, “There must be something you know about him that you could share with us.”

The Twi’lek felt Nihilus’s eyes pierced through her heart.

She answered slowly: “Right handed, a Bothan, circumcised, rich…which surprised me because he wore a cheap cologne.”

“Cheap? How?” Nihilus asked.

“Smelled funny…sweet.” She answered.

“Are you sure it was cologne?”

“Or deodorant. Mouthwash, maybe. All I can remember is smelled sickly sweet.” She paused a while and said, “To be honest, I thought he could have used a little help in that department.”

“Could you happen to have an article of clothing of his by any chance?” Nihilus asked again.

“The only thing he gave me is a good time.” She answered.

“Hey, guess what?” Nihilus was a little annoyed, “This is not about you. This is about a missing seven-year-old girl.”

“Why don’t you give us his name?” Carth added.

Nihilus said nothing. He simply stared on her face.

Letting out a sigh, she said: “Deno Fre’lar.”

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice. Better now that you encorporated the personalities of the characters. I have one problem though. GSR means gun shot residue. In Star Wars, there are no conventional guns as we know them. There are blasters and they fire blaster bolts, bolts of energy. I think it was just an oversight or something but that is all I have to complain about really. I've seen it many times on other fics where there is the use of bullets instead of blaster bolts. Just a tip ;)

PS: Pottsie's a little slow now :xp: I guess I have to wave my manuscript some more

*waving it close*

Nice. Better now that you encorporated the personalities of the characters. I have one problem though. GSR means gun shot residue. In Star Wars, there are no conventional guns as we know them. There are blasters and they fire blaster bolts, bolts of energy. I think it was just an oversight or something but that is all I have to complain about really. I've seen it many times on other fics where there is the use of bullets instead of blaster bolts. Just a tip ;)

PS: Pottsie's a little slow now :xp: I guess I have to wave my manuscript some more

*waving it close*

Thank you for the compliment, JM12.

I felt bad because I have to cut out the whole pinball part in the autopsy between Jolee and Nihilus. It's pretty funny.

[Off topic]:Well, I believe Pottsie is not on-line now, but beware, his reaction will be like this:

fun9jqyb9.jpg

Thanks to Shem for allowing me to use this picture.

OK folks, 22% of the posts in this thread so far have been deleted for spamming. I don't know what the record is, but we're not going to set it here.

Pottsie, CSI:Nihilus, this is not the first time I've asked you guys to stay on topic in threads. In fact, I think this is something like the 3rd time in a couple weeks. I've been more patient than most other mods might be, but deleting posts is not fun, and you both made me delete a lot of them tonight. I want to read posts, not make them go away. You've both earned a warning for spamming--please stop now and keep your posts on the topic of the thread. If you want to chat, please use the PM system. Thanks for your cooperation.

For people who replied to the announcement: Please edit your post regard to the announcement to be the comments. Thanks.

Chapter 5

“Uh…no, the chief’s little girl is with Child Services.” Mira said into the Intercom, “We’re still at the drop-off place. Will do, Arren.” Then she hang up.

Malak said nothing. He was observing the ground. What are we looking for? He wondered. Suddenly, he noticed something. He used a pair of forceps to pick it up: “I got a pill.”

Bastila turned around to look at Malak. “Like a seductive,” Malak observed.

Mira took a picture of the pill, then she said: “OK.”

Malak picked it up: “Diazapam.”

“That could explain why the mother didn’t escape with her daughter.” Bastila added, “She was incapacitated.”

The mother pushed the car door open. The pills fell on the ground. “Go!” Then Savcen ran away.”

“How’d the little girl get away?” Revan asked the team.

“We got some speeder fuel residue here. Made an easy stop.” Mira answered.

“And why did he pick such a secluded area?” Revan asked again.

“Seems like a great place to ice someone.” Malak thought aloud?

“Or take a leak.” Revan corrected, “Maybe that’s why he stopped the speeder here…to take a leak.”

Savcen’s mom turned and saw their kidnapper was taking a leak. Then she opened the door: “Run! Run, Savcen, run!” Then some blaster shots.

“Let me ask you another question: When you’re home alone, do you lock the bathroom door?” Revan did his trademark “interrogation” again.

“I didn’t even know you.” Mira said.

“Sure, you do.” Revan said, “We all do. It’s human nature to avoid being vulnerable, isn’t it? So, if that’s the case, then he would look for a tree to shield himself, wouldn’t he?”

Revan walked into the bushes and continued, “So then the question becomes, how far along this path before he loses sight of them?”

“Not very far.” Mira turned to him and said to Revan.

“Look at this.” Revan noticed something, “Bang. Footprints…and this is urine.”

“If you’re lucky, urethral cells with slough off with urine.” Mira replied and readied her camera.

“But, if we get his DNA, there is a chance we’ll get him.” Revan said.

The intercom chirped and Revan answered it: “Yeah, Revan.” Then he paused it for a while, “What do you mean, Investigation Bureau?”

----

At the hotel in Nar Shaddaa, Mira shouted into the intercom: “What do you mean, the guy has B.O.?”

“Body odor, bad breath.” Nihilus said on another side, “I don’t know; there’s something about Deno Fre’lar that makes him smell.”

“All this because some showgirl said he smelled sweet?”

“Sickly sweet.”

“Smells can be fingerprints, my dear.”

“Hey, what’s going on there? I thought you’re meeting with the IB?” Nihilus frowned.

Revan looked around to see many people are talking excitingly.

“Uh…yeah, we are. They picked the place.” Mira said, “The Catina. Later.” Then she hung up and walked to Revan. “What’s taking so long?” She asked Revan when she passed him.

“That’s a good question.” Revan said.

“Hey, I just ran into a IB in the lobby.” Mical walked in and said to Revan who turned around to show his concern, “He told me that, apparently, the Coruscant case fits the profile of a serial the IB’s been tracking.”

Then he noticed Mira and Malak and offered a handshake: “Hey, you’re from Coruscant?”

“Malak.” Malak shook his hand.

“Mical,” Mical introduced himself.

“Where was the IB?” Bastila asked Mical.

“He’s right there in the lobby.” Mical used the thumb to indicate the direction, then made a headphone pose, “He’s got his little, you know, headphone on, and his little tie.”

“And you talked to him?” Revan asked.

“Yeah.”

“Do they have an ID yet?”

“No ID yet, but their perp targets wealthy couples at their playgrounds, like Torkins. Evidently, the husbands get murdered first and the wives later after they enjoyed 48 hours of fun and games.”

“48 Hours?” Mira broke in.

“Coruscant?” Mical offered a handshake, “Mical.”

“Mira.”

“That’s it?” Revan asked Mical.

“There is also a link to Nar Shaddaa.” Mical continued.

“Of course there is.” Then he walked past him to greet the IB.

“Or, you know, he could just be some geriatric dude that just digs the weather.” Mical shrugged.

“I don’t understand.” Mira said, “Why didn’t the IB put this out on the Council?”

“Because they’re IB,” Bastila answered.

----

Outside the catina, Revan met the IB officer, Cleric.

“Cleric? Cleric.” He called out.

“Yeah?” One of the IB officer answered him.

“Tick-Tock, Cleric.” Revan said, “While you’re waiting to get your ducks in a row, the guy with the “Miami link” just slipped through my hands.”

“Revan, I didn’t have council approval…” Cleric began.

Revan broke in, with a little irritated: “I need answers for this little girl. Her father’s just been killed—maybe her mother, too—and that’s your fault. You understand that.”

“Looks like you’re making this personal,” Cleric protested.

“Cleric,” Revan growled, “you don’t give me this link, I’ll make this very personal.”

“All of his victims stayed here in the last year.” Cleric answered, with sweats began to drip.

“Here? This hotel?”

“Jabus Nelsiri and his wife, too. Last year.”

“Mmm. Wish I would have known that. Maybe he would still be alive.”

“Revan?” Bastila called him.

“Yeah?” Bastila approached Revan and said something in Nar Shaddaa Refugee Language.

“I had a bad feeling about this.” Revan finally said.

“What did she just say to you?” Cleric asked.

“She just said that you need to learn the language.”

Nice chapter CSI. I was just watching the crossover episode a few days ago so the dialogue is imprinted slightly on my abused mind. Just a minor problem: whenever you have something singular that starts with a vowel, always put 'an' before it. Just a proper English thing. Other than that, getting better at the descriptions. Keep it up and I look forward to the episode's finish.

Off topic: A shorter chapter, but hope you enjoy it.

Chapter 6

Near a big junk pile on Nar Shaddaa, a bunch of Security Force speeders pulled over with a couple of CSI speeders on a platform. From that view, you can see a big junk pile in the pit.

“I don’t see a speeder.” Malak observed, “Where you looking?”

“Check the hololog, and follow it in.” Bao-Dur, in breath mask, waved a working hololog.

“How did you find the hololog?” Malak observed, “Make intercoms?”

“No, the thing about Nar Shaddaa is the entire city’s watched remotely,” Bao-Dur replied, “All junk entries should be entered in our computer.” After a brief pause, he asked, “Someone going to cover me?”

“I got you.” Revan held a disruptor, which Nihilus gave him for his good-bye gift. (Revan even named it “Nihilus Disruptor”.)

“Cover you for what?” Mira asked curiously.

“Akk dog,” Bao-Dur replied.

Mical explained: “Only way to outrun an Akk dog is to run faster than the guy next to you. Isn’t that right, Bao-Dur?”

“Used to have a partner.” Bao-Dur replied.

“Guys…Please?” Revan raised Nihilus Disruptor and said gently.

Bao-Dur climbed down the ladder and immersed into junks.

On the platform, Revan raised Nihilus Disruptor cautiously.

Mira and Malak only smiled wryly.

After a while, Bao-Dur got out from junk and signaled thumb-up.

Everybody looked like statues.

Frustrated, he signaled a thumb-down to indicate the speeder is inside.

----

Later, a hauling speeder hovered above the junk pile and towed a speeder out. Luckily, the speeder is not convertible.

Revan opened the door of the speeder, and a female human corpse nearly fell out. Her eyes were shut, and her mouth was sealed by a duct tape. Her body was packed by plastic tapes.

“That her?” Revan asked his crew.

“Yes, that’s Savcen’s mom,” Mira took a closer look and confirmed.

Bastila took some pictures, Malak said nothing, Bao-Dur took a closer look and Mical was taking some notes.

Revan walked away from them a little and took his mask off and said: “Our guy is still in the wind, folks,” then he repeated after a while, “Still in the wind.”

Chapter 7

“What’s her name?” Brianna put on her glove and asked Mira in Crime Lab in Nar Shaddaa.

“Tyraan Nelsiri, Savcen’s mom, victim’s wife.” Mira replied.

Revan said nothing, only walked around the autopsy table.

“Who wrapped you, Tyraan?” Brianna said herself and observed, “This plastic is not for transport. Covering her intimates—most likely sexual. Two gunshot wounds, left temple.” Then she came back to Revan.

“One shot was a through-and-through.” Mira added in.

Brianna carefully lifted the duct tape on Tyraan’s mouth: “Trace ASAP, along with the plastic.” She used the Force to pass it to Revan.

Revan used the Force to put it into an evidence bag.

Suddenly, Brianna found something like glue on Tyraan’s eye. “Looks like the eyes were glued shut,” She observed and took a sample, “Gold crusty substance underneath. What’s that, Tyraan?”

Revan took a closer observation and said: “The substance is water-soluble.”

“My guess is the plastic was wrapped around her eyes at some point,” Mira thought aloud.

Brianna turned to Tyraan’s side and noticed there was something in Tyraan’s ear. “Wait, there is something.” After planting a probe, she observed: “There is a lot more of it.” Then she commented gently, “You guys got a sick one.”

Mira said nothing, and looked at Revan.

Revan frowned.

----

At the junk yard.

Mical was waiting for something. He became impatiently by his stepping feet and his facial expression.

Finally, a man got out of the junk pile and raised a bag: “Aha!”

“Bao-Dur, you’ve been down there for 45 minutes,” Mical complained without referring to his watch, “Do you know the level of bacteria in the junk? You can get all kinds of infections.” Then he bent down to get the bag from Bao-Dur’s hand, “What do you got?”

“Blaster. Junk blaster.” Bao-Dur joked and said seriously, “One blaster. 7mm. Standard issue.”

“Suspect’s personal gun?”

“That’s it.”

“Congratulations,” Mical frowned.

Still optimistic, Bao-Dur said: “I’ll put it over the wires that he’s not carrying that Taurus anymore.”

“Do that, and take a shower.” Mical said to his pal.

“Nice shoes.” Bao-Dur noticed Mical’s new shoes.

Mical said nothing.

----

In the crime lab “Madam, you have to concentrate on the face—in parts—not just the whole.” The face sketcher explained.

“Ask me what he wore. Just don’t ask me how close together his eyes were.” Lohlaes’irn replied lazily.

“You said he is a Bothan, right?” Carth added in.

“Yeah.”

“Try to not just picture him. Think it as an event.” The sketcher added in.

Lohlaes’irn sighed and began: “Ok…Three way kiss. His lowerlip was kind of pouty…”

Carth walked around and around, smiling.

“And he had a cleft in his chin.” Lohlaes’irn continued.

“Kind like that?” The sketcher asked her.

“Yeah. You’re right, it’s easier.”

Carth smiled in relief.

----

Meanwhile, Savcen was accompanied by another sketcher, who nearly finished the facial sketch.

Mira stood on the glass door and said nothing.

----

The transmitter printed out a piece of paper, with sketch of Deno Fre’lar.

“Dancer saw a husband. That would be anybody.” Mira said into Intercom.

“Yeah, that’s the problem with eyewitnesses.” Carth shrugged, “All the more reason to rely on evidence. Tell Malak hey. Let me know if anything breaks.”

“You, too.” She hang up.

On the way, Revan greeted Malak and talked to Mira: “So, how’s our friend Nihilus doing on the aroma angle?”

“I’m sure he’s making progress,” Mira said, “But Nihilus rarely says anything until he’s good and ready.”

“Mmm…Just like old times…He didn’t change a bit.” Revan smiled, “I just wanted to show you something.” He opened a folder and showed to Mira, “The sticky substance we got off the wife is, in fact, honey.”

“You say that like it means something.” Mira shrugged.

“Well, honey on its own is just honey, but when you add plastic wrap, it’s…a different situation.”

[Censored because of inappropriate content]

----

“Tuberculosis victims emit breath that smells like wet leaves,” Jolee sat in Nihilus’s office, reading a medical book with him when Arren appeared at the door.

“Maple, elm, ash, what?” Nihilus frowned.

“I’m not sure.”

“Nar Shaddaa is pulling speeders out of junk piles, chasing leads, debriefing the kid—and you guys are flipping through textbooks?” Arren complained softly.

“This is how I work,” Nihilus replied.

“Tuberculosis…Cyanide Poisoning…Endocrinology.” Arren picked up the book and read the name aloud.

“I’m following my nosino.” Nihilus remarked.

“You’re closer to this Deno Fre’lar guy than you’re letting on,” Arren remarked.

Nihilus looked at Arren.

“Alright. Excuse me.” Arren walked away.

Jolee said behind him: “How about Darier disease?”

“Doesn’t that give you a rash that smells like excrement?” Nihilus recalled, “We’re looking for something a little sweeter.”

“That’s diabetic ketoacidosis.” Jolee explained, “Body has excess glucose, which converts to ketone…gets expelled through the pores. Has a fruity smell.”

Nihilus raised his head and listened carefully.

“It would help if we had a piece of the Bothan’s clothing.” Jolee frowned.

Nihilus sighed and realized something.

“What?” Jolee asked.

“I think I overlooked some evidence.”

[Offtopic: @JM12: It's "Censor", not "Sensor". I really can't write it, as it's a sensitive material, esp. in this T-rated forum.]

Chapter 8

“I’m going to isolate it using high-performance liquid chromatography.” Mical used a dripper to carefully drip a honey below microscope and continued: “Once we identify the pollen, we’ll know if it’s floral honey.”

Revan stood beside Mical, nodded and said nothing.

Mical bent down to take a closer look at the honey. It showed a golden substance with a lot of bubbles in it.

Mical raised up and let Revan take a look: “So, Revan, when’s the last time you were in Hives?”

“I was there opening night.” Revan replied.

“I didn’t see you there.” Mical smiled.

“I was, uh…VIP.” Revan replied with a smile, “What’s this?”

Mical answered: “It’s Tupelo honey. It’s the purest of all honeys. Stays in liquid form for life. Doesn’t crystallize or harden.”

“Where did you get that?”

“CDC hipped me to it after the Dxun Bee problem.”

“Hey, let’s swap this out.” Revan took a swab from Tyraan’s body, “I want you to take a look at this.” Then he put a sample below the microscope, “We got this off the chief’s wife.”

Mical took a close look: “Exactly same substance. It’s a match.”

“It’s a match.” Revan nodded and repeated.

----

At Nar Shaddaa Cantina. Malak was holding a bottle of Tupelo honey and said in disbelief: “500 credits for 5 credits’ worth of honey? I don’t think it’s worth it.”

“Those are mostly for decoration, but once in a while, some bigwig comes, takes one of them out of here.” The manager explained.

“Wouldn’t it have been easier to put these in order?” Revan complained, “This is going to take forever.”

“Maybe not.” Bastila announced, “I have got a receipt from two nights ago.”

“Let me see that.” Revan said.

Bastila passed the order to Revan.

Revan took a closer look at the order and fell into thinking.

In another part of Cantina, Mira showed a security Deno Fre’lar’s sketch, “Did you see this guy?”

“Yeah. Looks just like every other Joe that comes in here.”

“Look you work the door.” Mira sighed, “Anybody come in here in the last 48 hours that bought some of that very expensive Tupelo honey?”

Revan walked beside Mira.

“This is Nar Shaddaa Cantina. Every night’s a weekend.” The security explained.

“My people tell me that a customer came in two nights ago to buy some.” Revan persuaded.

“Wasn’t a customer. It was a limo speeder driver.” [Thanks to Darth KOTOR for this new ‘Limo speeder’.]

“A limo speeder driver?” Mira asked.

“Yeah. Deno Fre’lar. Gave me a lot of credits just to double-park.”

“Did he tell you who he had in the back of his car?” Revan asked.

“No. Just that it was some rich guy—some high roller.”

“Let me guess—from Coruscant,” Mira smirked.

“Yeah.”

----

On the traffic route, a Security Officer Car approached a limo speeder and turned on siren.

Not later, Revan and Mira arrived there, too.

“Where did you find him?” Revan asked Bao-Dur.

“Figured, limo driver—spaceport.” Bao-Dur shrugged, “I spotted Deno Fre’lar, here, back way to Nar Shaddaa International. Lit him up, pulled him over here.”

“Nice work. You got a last name, Deno Fre’lar?” Revan asked.

“No. Sorry. That’s my full name.” Deno Fre’lar, the Bothan said and smiled, “Look, Officer, the Corwins are coming in on their own private jet. They’re two of my best customers. I really should be there.” He looked at his gold watch.

“Well, the Corwins are going to have to wait.” Revan said.

Mira said briefly: “We understand that another one of your customers bought some very expensive honey from the Cantina.”

“Yeah, well, I’ve had stranger requests.” Deno Fre’lar smiled.

“This customer of yours have a name?” Mira asked again.

“Never got it. He paid cash.” Deno Fre’lar shrugged.

“Well, did you notice anything unusual about him?” Mira asked. Revan raised his head, “Did he smell? Did he have an odor?”

Deno Fre’lar narrowed his eyes.

“He’d been drinking a lot.” Deno Fre’lar finally said.

“Remember what he was drinking?” Revan asked.

“Whatever I have stocked.” Deno Fre’lar looked away.

“Well, we’d like to take a look.” Mira said.

“Sure, go ahead.” Deno Fre’lar replied gently and gave his key to Revan.

Revan walked towards the cockpit and Mira took the back seats.

Sitting in the cockpit, Revan took off his mask and put it away.

Mira put on gloves and took various wine bottles and smelled everyone of them.

Deno Fre’lar was standing outside.

Revan started the speeder and opened the air-conditioner. Suddenly, he smelt something. Soon, he smiled and lowered the back window. Mira approached him.

“Smell that?” Revan asked.

“Sickly sweet.” Mira wrickled her nose, “That’s exactly how Nihilus described it.”

Revan only nodded.

[Announcement: Chapter 10 will be the last chapter of this story, and not counting Epilogue. So be ready for my next upcoming fiction, CSI: Nar Shaddaa Episode 2.]

Chapter 9

Nihilus opened the evidence bag and took out a baseball cap found at the Savcen’s home.

Lohlaes’irn asked Nihilus: “You want me to do what?”

“Smell this.” Nihilus handed her the cap.

The dancer moved a little backward by its disgusting smell.

Nihilus looked at her and signaled her to go ahead.

Lohlaes’irn sighed, moved closer and wrinkled her nose: “That’s it, that’s Deno’s smell.”

“In the five days that you two were together, did you happen to notice what he was drinking?”

“Champagne.” Lohlaes’irn replied almost immediately.

“Did he ever drink anything sweeter, like whiskey or cognac?” Nihilus asked her again, patiently.

Lohlaes’irn smiled: “Are you kidding me? With him, it was Dom all the time.”

----

“You found a medical condition.” Mira said via intercom.

“Diabetic ketoacidosis.” Nihilus replied with a very scientific phrase.

On the other end, Mira nodded—She can’t express he doesn’t understand what her supervisor said, so he pretended to understand it.

Nihilus continued: “It’s an insulin deficiency. His body’s been expelling excess glucose, makes him smell fruity.”

“Which, I guess, could easily be mistaken for whiskey breath.” Mira answered.

Revan walked up and put his hands on his wrist.

“Hey, can you test for diabetic ketoacidosis off urine?” Mira asked Nihilus.

“Well, blood is the best, but, if you had a urine sample, maybe.” Nihilus replied.

“Ask him what medication you would take for that.” Revan said.

“Eh, Mira, am I hearing wrong? I can clearly hear Revan’s voice.” Nihilus said happily.

“Eh, yeah, Revan’s right beside me.” Mira answered.

“Give me your phone.” Revan get Mira’s phone and talked to Nihilus, “Hi, buddy, long time no see. Why don’t you come here? We are looking forward to see you, here. And it’s on you. Don’t worry, we won’t be that kind.” He smiled sinisterly under his mask so nobody could see his face.

“Huh. Yeah, next time when we have a jurisdiction. Yeah, I know I should come, but I choose not to because I’m busy right here.” Nihilus flipped some pages, and closed his book rather loudly.

“Yeah, yeah, I see…”

“Oh, and send my regard to everyone there. Back on business, a doctor would prescribe Novalin insulin.” Nihilus also smiled sinisterly, When will you know when the next cross-jurisdiction is?”

----

“Lucky for us we found blood in his urine.” In the Nar Shaddaa lab, Revan summarized the report.

“Yeah, absence of C-Peptide in the blood.” Mira added, “Means the insulin in our guy’s system isn’t natural—it’s synthetic.”

“And prescribed.” Revan pointed to a computer, “OK, we’re right here. Look here—it’s our database.” He grabbed two seats for Mira and himself, “OK, what we’re looking for is a patient who purchased synthetic insulin in the last 48 hours.”

Revan typed in “Novalin Insulin” and time frame “48 Hours—current.”

The computer beeped and showed some results.

“Here we go.” And they strolled down to find “Deno506”, and clicked on it. A pop-up showed the detailed info and its address.

“Deno Fre’lar, that’s the limo driver.” Mira said.

Revan nodded slightly: “That’s him. And the reason that old Deno probably didn’t smell when we picked him up is because he’d just taken his insulin, hadn’t he?” Then he looked at Mira.

Mira finished: “But the scent was still in the limo’s AC system. Now, we have this guy’s address.”

Revan replied: “Yeah, take a look at this address. A limo driver with an such expensive house? I don’t think so.”

“Who’s the owner of record?” Mira asked.

“Let’s check it.” Revan punched some keys and the computer showed the owner: “Anash and Maraan Corwin.”

“That’s the couple that he was picking up at the spaceport when we pulled him over.” Mira recalled.

“That’s right.” Revan answered.

“So then maybe that’s how he finds his victims—driving a limo.”

“And, when they’re away at some posh resort, he moves into their house, doesn’t he?”

“Hops over to Las Vegas.”Mira added, “Visits the couple he met in Miami, kills the husband…”

Revan smiled and nodded: “Mmm…”

“And then he brings the wife back here—kills her.”

“And, when Corwins come home…” Revan looked at Mira and finally said, “Not good.”

I'm sad to see ths ending quick. I think you're "Pulling a Pottsie" as I like to call it. Anyway, good Chapter as always and I'm looking foward to Chapter 10. I think CSI Nar Shaddaa Episode 2 will show how much you've improved, since your first CSI Fic, Nar Shaddaa.

Ha, ha! That's a good one.

[Exile: I think the term is: Pulling a Bindo.]

[Handmaiden: Pulling a Bindo?]

[Exile: Bald guy, bad joke.]

PS: Where did you find that quote? I never opened this option.

And, what does "Pulling a Bindo" Mean?

And thank you for compliments. Yes, I have to end it...But you should not be surprised because last two fic are ended in 10 chapters...12 if you count in Prologue and Epilogue.

And thank you for compliments. Yes, I have to end it...But you should not be surprised because last two fic are ended in 10 chapters...12 if you count in Prologue and Epilogue.

Anytime CSI. When will the next Chapter be released? I'm offline soon and I won't be online, until around 6:30am tomorrow and sometimes your online at that time. Anyway, I'll catch up whenever you post it. I'm sure JM12 has told you about me stalking topics.

Archived