Home

[Other]Holiday Diddies

Hello all, since it is nearing the Christmas season, I've decided to do Diddies, similar to what JM12 is doing, but with Christmas songs. This first Diddy is Step Into Christmas by Elton John, but with a few changes. Something tells me that my Jedi Exile, Sera Tana is singing this. Please note, I'm not as good as JM12.

Step Into Christmas

Welcome to the Jedi Temple

I'd like to thank you joining

So I'm sending you this Lightsaber

To say it's nice to see you again

I'd like to sing about all the things

Your eyes and mind can see

So hop aboard the Ebon Hawk

Oh step into Christmas with me

Step into Christmas

Let's join together

We can watch the Sith fall forever and ever

Eat, drink and be merry

Come along with me

Step into Christmas

The admission's free

Take care in all you do next year

And keep fighting through the days

If we can help to entertain you

Oh we will find the ways

So merry Christmas Jedi Knights

There's no place I'd rather be

Than asking you if you'd oblige

Stepping into Christmas with me

Sorry but I am immune to the effects of diddy manuscripts because I am constantly working on my own :xp:

Besides I have already started writing Christmas diddies to Rest Ye Merry Gentleman and the Twelve Days of Christmas. You don't want to be in my head. Hey Pottsie, do you want me to post the holiday ones here? We could have a face off on who has the good ones. CSI can be the impartial judge :D

Sorry but I am immune to the effects of diddy manuscripts because I am constantly working on my own :xp:

Besides I have already started writing Christmas diddies to Rest Ye Merry Gentleman and the Twelve Days of Christmas. You don't want to be in my head. Hey Pottsie, do you want me to post the holiday ones here? We could have a face off on who has the good ones. CSI can be the impartial judge :D

Sure. I remember you saying about doing Christmas Diddies. Saves making another Thread. Post them here JM12.

You don't have to wait. I have one right here that I did in five minutes last night. It is to the song Rocking Around the Christmas Tree. I had fun with it and I'll leave you to guess the various peoples mentioned in it. I wrote another to Rest Ye Merry Gentleman but I'll post that after Pottsie posts his so as to be fair and CSI can be tormented with judging. :lol:

Anyway I give you:

Flying Around the Galaxy

Flying around the galaxy

Saving the Republic again

Fighters hung where you can see

So you try to take a shot

Flying around the galaxy

Let the pazaak match begin

Later we'll have a meal surprise

But none of them Sith sandwiches

You will get an irritated feeling when you hear, her voice saying

'Rev be wary. Love can lead to the dark side'

Flying around the galaxy

Have a happy moment now

Everyone's waiting patiently

Until they crash on the ground

You will get a sad little feeling when you see Bastie standing

there and dares to raise her blade

Flying around the galaxy

With a determined face

Now everyone's dancing happily

Now that Lord Malak's dead

Very good JM12, I was planning to do that song, but I won't bother now. I'll probably do Band Aid's Do They Know It's Christmas next and many other of my favourite Christmas songs. Also, what do you think about posting a FIN version of this in the Archives on the 27th December, since I won't be online the other two days, probably.

We're getting really poetical this month, I guess it's just that time of the year. :D Nice work, both Pottsie and JM12, keep it up, but bear in mind that some of us don't celebrate Christmas in December, so don't stop with the holiday spirit as soon as that day passes. Keep it up a bit longer, say 'til the end of the first week of 2007. ;)

igyman: You are talking to a born and raised Catholic. We still have the Feast of the Three Kings January 6th. Of course I'll have the We Three Kings diddy for that date especially. I was thinking maybe Jingle Bell Rock for my next diddy. Don't worry I think we will keep it up till then.

Pottsie: How about appealing to Jae to have her change the thread to Holiday Diddies? That way we can keep it alive until Jan 6th. We can then post a FIN edition in the Archives. I think it will work and that way lots more fun and more insanity for the new year. Maybe you can figure out Auld Lang Syne? :D

• 2 weeks later...
Pottsie: How about appealing to Jae to have her change the thread to Holiday Diddies? That way we can keep it alive until Jan 6th. We can then post a FIN edition in the Archives. I think it will work and that way lots more fun and more insanity for the new year. Maybe you can figure out Auld Lang Syne? :D

About the Thread title, sure, but maybe you could finish off with Auld Lang Syne. Sorry for the lateness, but I've done Little Saint Nick with Little Jedi Knight and I'll either do Happy Christmas (War Is Over), Wonderful Christmastime, Merry Christmas Everybody or I Wish It Could Be Christmas Everyday. I might even do old classics like Blue Christmas, White Christmas or The Christmas Song. I'll see what JM12 does.

Little Jedi Knight

Oooooooo

Merry Christmas master

Christmas comes this time each year

Oooooooo oooooooo

Well, way up Telos where the air gets cold

There's a tale about Christmas that you've all been told

And a real famous guy all dressed up in red

And he spends the whole year workin' out on the Force.

It's the little Jedi Knight

little Jedi Knight

little Jedi Knight

Just a little Lightsaber, we call it Old Jedi Knight

But he'll walk a tobogan with a four speed stick

He's candy apple red with a ski for a wheel

And when the Jedi hits the gas, man, just watch him peel.

little Jedi Knight

little Jedi Knight

run run master

run run master

Whoaa

run run master

run run master

He don't like no one

And hauling through the galaxy at a frightening speed,

With a half a dozen ships with a-Rudy to lead,

He's gotta wear his visor 'cause the snow really flies

And he's cruisin' every pad with a little surprise.

little Jedi Knight

little Jedi Knight

Ahhhhhh

Ooooooo

Merry Christmas master

Ahhhhhh

Ooooooo

Merry Christmas master

Ahhhhhh

Ooooooo

Merry Christmas master

CSI: Diddy is a word I use to refer to a song that has had their original lyrics changed to talk of something else. Wierd Al Yankovic is a master with my favorite being Living with a Hernia and Yoda. The object is to try an make something funny out of it.

Well to the long and the short of it. I have another holiday diddy for you. It is to the carol God Rest Ye Merry Gentleman. I won't say who it is about but I am leaving it to you to guess. Though the original has about 7 verses, I narrowed it down to three. Hope you enjoy.

Force Rest Ye Weary Jedi Men

Force rest ye weary Jedi men

And don’t feel dismay

For a loyal Jedi Knight

Was killed this very day

Fighting a new Sith Lord

One who went astray

O he was a guardian of justice and peace

Justice and peace

Guardians of Justice and peace

Though defiant to the Council

He always stayed the path

And sought to keep young Obi-Wan

Away from night’s wrath

He spoke of the Living Force

And faced Darth Maul’s wrath

For he’s a guardian of justice and peace

Justice and peace

A guardian of justice and peace

So rest the ancient Jedi men

It’s time to pay respect

And welcome a new brother

To eternal rest

Until he reaches out to

Yoda in deepened rest

For he’s a guardian of justice and peace

Justice and peace

He’s a guardian of justice and peace

• 1 month later...
CSI: Diddy is a word I use to refer to a song that has had their original lyrics changed to talk of something else. Wierd Al Yankovic is a master with my favorite being Living with a Hernia and Yoda. The object is to try an make something funny out of it.

Iusually call these filk songs. Taking a song, and adjusting it to fit a specific genre. My favoite ever was to an old Beatles song

I once had a sword, or should I say;

it once had me.

Archived