Home

Server and mod commentary

I'm not sure I ever suggested a system which as much freedom as it is now. Well I don't think I would have agreed to it, but it was probably while I was gone. Having all that freedom really leaves no room for movie realism. And of course, unbalanced hybrid classes. And I would play MB2, but this saber system is badass :p If you are going to leave in a system where this is unlimited freedom like it is now I suggest you think hard on how to balance these hybrid classes because some combinations are blatantly overpowered and just unrealistic too in a Star Wars sense. If there is no balance toward hybrid classes then some things will just fall apart (Or balance in general).

Quick question though, is there anyway to disable the left side of the skill screen? Like you can disable forcepowers and weapons by g_forcepowerdisable or g_weapondisable, what about those extra skills in the skill screen?

@ Ace

I figured as much, well good luck then. I'll see what I can salvage through locking.

Jack, you were away for quite a while.

Your second question can be answered by looking through one of the text readmes, I think it might be the one on the admin system.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Guys, we do not need classes. As long as we can make pure jedi balanced against others, which I'm sure we can and maybe pure gunner balanced and every good combo has a force combo has a decent defense, they just arent needed. We made the choice for freedom because we knew that we didn't have time to do classes and make them balanced, as many of, or anywhere near as well done as othermods before razor retired, and this has not really been done before, so we when for uniqueness. If we still do work after razors official retirement, then yes maybe we'll have classes or psuedo classes. All we really have left before razors retire ment is bug fixing, balancing, a few tweaks to things, and definitely more forcepowers and weapons so people dont wonder why we cut so many normal options whe we didnt really need to.

I may have gotten too caught up with trying to solve the problem of balancing that I've forgotten what we have right now. Sorry

On that note, I'm going to leave it to the community to think of ideas to balance. I'm not that good at this, and besides I'm also more interested in GUI-modding

@Max: I looked through every document and there is nothing in them to disable jet packs or any of the gunner skills which are not weapons (Weapons can be disabled by g_weapondisable like I said before, but there is no number or cvar that is listed in any of the documents that can remove the gunner skills such as flamethrower.). Anyone even know if this is possible...?

Ah I see. Well I wanted to use it right now because some of the combinations are blatantly unbalanced. That and it would give us the choice to have a Jedi/Sith only server.

Ask JAsk how he did it, the EUro and Templar have had it's weapons disabled lots. Don't know how - I thought I did - so you'll have to axe Jask.

I would strongly suggest class based gameplay. It is easier to balance, and more fun as well as being easier for RP nuts to RP with. :p

Won't happen while Razor's the leader, less freedom, less unique, we could only get 3 or maybe 4 classes before razor got sick of coding and balancing, no time, and a great way for new players to say "wow, these classes seem kinda rushed and there's not many of them. Let's go play MB2!" Unless another master coder/modeler/permission getter who's not steppng back or just plain retiring wants to work on seige and balancing such things, it won't happen anytime soon. *coughs*Darthgravyareyoustillwithus?!*coughs*:p

*waits for Razor Ace to throw an axe at ChosenOne*

*also waits for Razor Ace to throw an axe at ChosenOne*

• 3 weeks later...

OJP is very fun to play.

There are 3 or 4 things that need to be taken care of before the real release though:

-Deflecting

We need to get it a better system.

-Gunner vs Jedi balance

Less shots needed to take down Jedi, more gun usefulness, and sabers returning to ready before you can slash.

-More forcepowers and weapons

We need mindtrick back for example, sense for autopushing and sniper dodging

-General bug fixing

Juyo and Makashi's fast anims, I'll look into those if you guys can look into multistrikes.

I can live with yawing but not with 5 attacks per second.

Archived