Home

[TSL] mjpb3's Exile! Slow Down!

mjpb3

I don't think I've ever seen another mod like this, and I did do a quick search, but I may not have used the correct term(s) to search for. If there is another mod like this, please just disregard this post. :D

------------------------------------------------------------

I made a new mod that "slows" the Exile (male or female) down to the same walk/run animation speed that the PC and NPCs used in KotOR I.

I don't know about anyone else, but it has always bugged me that you run faster and "powerwalk" in KotOR II. I'm sure Obsidian had a very good reason for the speed increase -- maybe because of the new model files being used -- but even still, I always found it highly annoying.

Anyway, this mod fixes that by decreasing the speed of the walking and running animations being used by editing some entries in the appearance.2da file.

Inspiration for this mod came from achilles' wonderful Speed/Roleplay fix for 103PER and 304NAR --- and a post in the same thread by Lunar4. Thanks for the idea! :thumbsup:

Please view the mod page for installation instructions.

sm-Screen-24.jpg

Here's the link:

http://www.cjt0202.net/mjpb3mods.php

http://gamemods.mjpb3.net

As always, feedback is welcomed.

Enjoy!

Good idea, but I just wonder why you'd want to get places slower? More and more, I tended to use the speed force power to get places faster, especially in a recent playthrough of KOTOR1.

That's not to say there shouldn't be an option like this, however, as I don't speak for everyone. I was just wondering and I applaud the idea itself.

Good idea, but I just wonder why you'd want to get places slower? More and more, I tended to use the speed force power to get places faster, especially in a recent playthrough of KOTOR1.
Because when I play, I enjoy playing. I don't play just to "get where I am going the fastest way possible". I like to enjoy a playthrough not run through it so fast that I forget what I was doing in the first place. :roleyess:

Besides, as you mention, there is always the option to use Speed to get somewhere faster. :D

-----

I made this mod because I am tinkering with making a module (for myself -- so don't ask for it please) and while in the module looking around at everything I was positioning inside it, I kept getting annoyed at how fast Exile just walks. Running like she's in a footrace is one thing, but goodness! Why does she have to walk so fast!? :eek:

So I remembered achilles' mod and took a look through that and discovered how to slow Exile down to the same speed as Revan and partymembers from K1.

Use this mod if you want--or not. It's up to you. But it is precisely what I needed right now for my own use and I thought others might want to use it too. Apparently, some people do since it has been downloaded quite a few times. :p

• 4 weeks later...

Yeah, i've already done this for myself a year ago or so, but never bothered to release it. Thought nobody would care, since it's a fairly simple mod. But the best things come from such simple mods. :D

The male walking animations are barable, but the female ones are absolutley horrible. I couldn't play as a female, until i figured out how to reduced the walking speed.

• 2 months later...

I really like this mod i and would like to point 2 minor mistake in the "change.ini"

here :

[change93]

RowIndex=94 <---- Has to be changed to 93

rundist=3.96

driveanimrun_pc=3.96

and here :

[change115]

RowIndex=105 <---- Has to be changed to 115

rundist=3.96

driveanimrun_pc=3.96

The rest of this mod is perfect, and i really like it.

I really like this mod i and would like to point 2 minor mistake in the "change.ini"

<snip>

The rest of this mod is perfect, and i really like it.

D'oh! FIXED! Thanks for pointing those out for me. *smackhead*

(That's what happens when I cut and paste over and over--I make stupid mistakes.)

Anyhoo, thanks again. :D

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived