Home

Violent Assassin Droid on Korriban [K1]

SykoRevan

In the tomb of Marka Ragnos, right after I destroy all the droids in the hallway, I loot the Sith corpse and equip the sound dampener on all my human players. But no matter what, and believe me I have tried many times, the assassin droid attacks me no matter what, screaming about too much audio input. At first I thought it was cuz I had a droid in my party (HK) that couldnt equip sound dampeners, but the first time I ever played the game, HK was with me and it worked fine, and HK even talked with the assassin droid. Am I missing something here? Am I not supposed to destroy all those droids, cuz it's kinda unavoidable at least with the first one who's right there at the entrance. I'm about to just give up and blow the hell outta that droid, but I wanna keep to the light side.

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, I need to give input here.

I ran into this bug just today. It only exists in the PC version of the game. I've never had a problem in the Xbox version.

I am posting because I have found no less than three topics made by people with this very problem, and RedHawke has given the same reply to all of them, despite being told repeatedly that the walkthrough is no help.

Yes, I know how to read a walthrough. I'm sure everyone here does. Yes, that advice works in the Xbox version, and maybe even in the unpatched PC version. However, in 1.03, this is a bug. I can consistently reproduce it without any trouble at all.

A previous thread on this topic voiced a concern that the bug is due to an unclean save, possibly from having used the console. I can't rule that out, as my game is cheat-enabled, and I have used the console extensively.

I don't know how to work around this bug, or even if there is a work-around, but I can tell you exactly what's causing it. Whatever variable is supposed to be checked to determine if the Player Character is wearing a SDSU is either not being filled properly or not being checked properly. This may be due to a faulty line of inheritance, or a faulty export environment. Without access to the source code, I couldn't be that specific.

Maybe if people are willing to acknowledge that this is not a chair-to-keyboard interface problem, someone might actually find a fix for it, instead of just pasting a pithy link to the same useless walkthrough, as if we haven't played through this game on two different mediums at least a thousand times.

I did what the walkthrough said, and unfortunatley I still had to kill the poor droid. But now I see that the bug may in fact be due to me having used cheats in my game. The first time I ever played, I used no cheats at all, since I didn't know how to activate them :p But ever since, I have always had to fight the assassin droid. So now at least I know the problem, and next time I'll just use KSE (which I just recently got into using) instead of using cheats.

@ RedHawke: Even though the walkthrough did not help, I would still like to say thanks for at least trying to help. I appreciate it.

And for all of you people reading, if you do not want to fight the assassin droid in the Tomb of Marka Ragnos, do NOT use cheats! Use KSE, it's better and easier anyway lol.

I am posting because I have found no less than three topics made by people with this very problem, and RedHawke has given the same reply to all of them, despite being told repeatedly that the walkthrough is no help.

The walkthrough is fine... also the game is glitchy, even without cheats, and things can and will happen. Some people get glitches some never get any.

Yes, I know how to read a walthrough. I'm sure everyone here does. Yes, that advice works in the Xbox version, and maybe even in the unpatched PC version. However, in 1.03, this is a bug. I can consistently reproduce it without any trouble at all.

A bug I have never had in many, many playthroughs... with patch 1.03. I play the tomb as the walkthrough indicates. LS/DS, cheats and no cheats. You also will note that the walkthrough itself mentions a 'glitch' where you might have to reload a save and try again.

Care to share how you can 'consistantly' reproduce the supposed 'glitch'? Doing so would be 'helping' instead of just coming off badly.

Maybe if people are willing to acknowledge that this is not a chair-to-keyboard interface problem, someone might actually find a fix for it, instead of just pasting a pithy link to the same useless walkthrough, as if we haven't played through this game on two different mediums at least a thousand times.

Perhaps if people communicated better what they actually had done in their games when they state they have problems they wouldn't get the same 'pithy' answer. But then again you used 'cheats' so you can't blame the game or my answers for a 'glitch' now can you?

At least I am posting and trying to offer help... see any other takers offering some help?

@ RedHawke: Even though the walkthrough did not help, I would still like to say thanks for at least trying to help. I appreciate it.

You are welcome. :)

Syko,it isn't a Glitch or Bug.You need to have a Good Stealth Level,and use the Sound Dampening Unit,You can purchase one on Taris,or use a Stealth Field Generator until You can get to the Corpse.Walk around the Droids,and don't get too close to them.Once You get to the Droid,You have to disable Certain Systems to help the Droid.Save before You enter the Door to get to the Droid.Hope I helped. :vik4:

~Solar

You can destroy every one of those droids in the hall and still help the droid in the main room. Pick the Sound Dampening Stealth Unit off the corpse, kill the droids, and equip the built on the person with the best stealth skill rating in your party( if that person isn't with you, you can leave the tomb, get that person, and come back). Use that person as your party leader, enter stealth mode, and enter the main room. When you get there and start talking to the droid, pick and disable all the systems in the correct order.

Syko,it isn't a Glitch or Bug.You need to have a Good Stealth Level,and use the Sound Dampening Unit,You can purchase one on Taris,or use a Stealth Field Generator until You can get to the Corpse.Walk around the Droids,and don't get too close to them.Once You get to the Droid,You have to disable Certain Systems to help the Droid.Save before You enter the Door to get to the Droid.Hope I helped. :vik4:

~Solar

Trust me I know. I've done it many times, and my stealth has always been high, and the first time I ever played I was able to help the droid and shut off his assassination protocols. I have tested it with many different scenarios, and I can only conclude that it is a bug that has an unknown cause. My best guess is using cheats, as like I said before the first and only time I ever got to help the droid was the first time I ever played, which was the only time I did not use cheats. In fact, if I remember right, the first time I did it, I had absolutely no stealth, as I used all my skill points for persuasion. I have even noticed that after reloading my game to try to talk to the droid again, my game did not see that I could have used stealth, as the stealth icon was not there, even though I was already wearing the Sound Dampener and had high stealth. So like I said before, my best bet is a glitch, whether it's by cheats, or by what awqc3c54wq about it being from the 1.03 patch, although I doubt that as I'm sure I had the patch my first time playing.

• 1 month later...

Did you have multiple SDSU's in your inventory? My most recent playthrough produced this same problem for me, however, due to various mods or my order of planet play I noticed that I had a SDSU already in my inventory (whereas I do not recall having additional in previous playthroughs). After switching belts to what was essentially the 2nd one in my inventory (the one picked up from the corspe) everything proceeded as normal. I did not find anything binding that particular belt to be unique, so perhaps it was simply the reloading of the game during that process. Just curious if anyone else has tried the same.

Archived