Home

The Third Darth Traya

SilentScope001

I think maybe she pointed into the far future, to Chancellor/Emperor Palpatine. he betrayed the republic cause he was hiding his identity, just like Kreia did. So i think it could be possibly Palpatine. Why else would she mention the fall of the republic, that would take millenia. And a milenia is 1000 years as you now, and the events of kotor 2 were about 4000 years before the rise of darth vader. Does someone see a link here? Cause i do! :)

If we're pointing that far in the future, I think the Treya would be Anakin. His betrayals almost destroyed both the Sith and the Jedi orders. Palpatine was just one teacher of his life, he wasn't as important as Anakin. Plus, I believe Kreia was referring to the thought bomb detonation on Ruusan, and I believe the fall of the Republic is set in motion by the Sith going into hiding, since that was about 1000 years before The Phantom Menace.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If we're pointing that far in the future, I think the Treya would be Anakin. His betrayals almost destroyed both the Sith and the Jedi orders. Palpatine was just one teacher of his life, he wasn't as important as Anakin. Plus, I believe Kreia was referring to the thought bomb detonation on Ruusan, and I believe the fall of the Republic is set in motion by the Sith going into hiding, since that was about 1000 years before The Phantom Menace.

Well i agreewith you on the Anakin part, that would soudn even more logical then Palpatine. But still Palpatine was very improtant in the events around the fall of the republic.

And on the part of the bomb detonation on ruusan, i dont udnerstand what you mean with that.

And then what about the fall of the republic, yes i agree on that to, still she has predicted it.

But it isnt known if Revan even lived when he entered the unknown regions so i dont think he was the third darth traya. Maybe the third Darth Traya will be revealed in the new Star Wars game Star Wars The old Republic.

And on the part of the bomb detonation on ruusan, i dont udnerstand what you mean with that.

I was referring to when Darth Bane manipulated the Brotherhood of Darkness while they waging war with the Army of Light on Ruusan, forcing all the remaining Sith Lords (except for him of course) to take refuge in some catacombs,and set up a weapon known as the thought bomb, an extremely harmful weapon to all life and anything force sensitive. General Hoth of the Army of Light led 99 other Jedi into the catacombs to force Lord Kaan (the reigning Dark Lord of the time) to force his hand. Kaan detonated the thought bomb, killing everyone in the catacombs, and effectively leading the Republic and the Jedi Order to believe the Sith were extinct. However, they did not know Bane still lived, and he created the Rule of Two, which was basically the belief the Sith would gain power over the universe by hiding in the shadows, and striking when the time was right. He took an apprentice, and about a millenia later, Palpatine (a direct descendant from his Rule of Two philosophy) issued Order 66, purging the galaxy of Jedi, and destroying the Republic once and for all.

Okay, Kriea said there must always be a Darth Traya-like figure. Therefore, I don't understand why everyone is trying to point to a single Sith as that figure. If there must always be a betrayer, wouldn't that mean that every generation has its own Traya? Bane and Palpatine may both be correct then, within their respective eras in Sith history.

Okay, Kriea said there must always be a Darth Traya-like figure. Therefore, I don't understand why everyone is trying to point to a single Sith as that figure. If there must always be a betrayer, wouldn't that mean that every generation has its own Traya? Bane and Palpatine may both be correct then, within their respective eras in Sith history.
What I'm about confused about is that it is said that to be a Sith, betrayal and cunning are the key. So this applies to practically all Sith.

Well, yeah. That's why the Sith were always doomed to oblivion before the institution of the Rule of Two: they were constantly warring with one another and they wiped themselves out more than once. With the Rule of Two, the way of betrayal was preserved, but in a predetermined way that would guarantee the order's survival: should the apprentice become stronger than the master, it was his duty to remove his master and take his place with his own apprentice. The only thing the Sith hadn't counted on was redemption, which was what destroyed them.

Darth Krayt sort of fixed the destruction-from-within problem that comes with the Sith being a large order, but in so doing he removed the core principle of what it means to be a Sith: complete and utter selfishness. Krayt's Sith swear total and selfless allegiance to the Dark Lord, which was why the gatekeepers of the ancient Dark Lords' holocrons on Korriban called him a heretic.

Though I suppose that the Traya figure of that era would be Darth Wyrlock, because he betrayed Krayt and took his place as the de facto Dark Lord, and also betrayed the entire order by making them believe Krayt was still alive. In that respect, Wyrlock is the only one acting like a true Sith in the Legacy era: he cares for nothing but himself.

[Edit] Now, with the publication of Legacy: War, it has been established that Krayt is indeed alive. But the point still stands since Wyrlock believed him dead.

• 1 year later...

Archived