Home

The Third Darth Traya

SilentScope001

Just realised something...

"There must always be a Darth Traya."

And we got a 4000 years spanning Comic arc that has it's own Betraying Jedi!

Celeste Morne from the Knights of the Old Republic series!

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Celeste_Morne

..who starts a war and turns DS (watch the eyes)

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Star_Wars_Knights_of_the_Old_Republic_28:_Vector%2C_Part_4

..and is still alive (although in statis) when Darth Vader finds her:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Star_Wars_Dark_Times_11:_Vector%2C_Part_5

PS: I still can't get those url-tags to work. It's text that shows up [/ url] right? (Of course without all the spaces in between)

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is another possibility.

1) Kreia is speaking literally about a Darth Traya always existing in some form or another.

2) She made plans to become a dark side force ghost in case Exile defeated her, and thus plans to survive her own death, and remain as Darth Traya.

3) As a force ghost/betrayer, she could already be planning to betray the next generation by misleading some other poor sap.

I do think she was planning on being a force ghost even before the final fight in K2, but truthfully, I don't think she was referring to herself in saying that there would always be someone who knows of betrayal as a Darth Traya. There are too many parallels and wierd inversions between her and Ben Kenobi for her not to become a Sith ghost.

But no. I do think her reference to there always being a Darth Traya was an oblique reference to something she wasn't a part of that Obsidian already had plans for. I don't think it makes sense for it t be Bao - Dur or Atton, because Kreia also said that their futures are shrouded in mystery to her. She spoke of the new Darth Traya with something approaching certainty.

but truthfully, I don't think she was referring to herself

That is generally what I think too. Whether it is physically someone that takes Traya's place, or someone just knowing about it. I honestly don't know. It certainly raises a lot of questions that unfortunately cannot be answered...

It does make you wonder if there's a third student of Kreia's students out there alive, shaped by her teachings. So far we know of 2 living (Revan and Exile), and 2 dead (Nihilus & Sion). Every time one turns up they seem to have a profound effect on the republic and the rest of the galaxy.

Either that remains a good possibility or one of Revan's masters at the Dantooine Academy in K1.

So far we've seen 2 of them swoop in from the sidelines to try to save the day in 2 games. Only Master Dorak is left of the 3 that ran that school that we haven't seen yet. It would be an intersting parallel. Kreia was the librarian / Historian of her era. Atris was the Librarian / Historian of her era. Would they really be that formulaic though?

Hmm... Another Darth Traya. I personally think that the next one will likely be Revan, or the Exile, or maybe the new PC (if there is one). There is a small possibility that it is one of the party-members (like Bastila) or the remaining Jedi but by how Kriea always treated them... I doubt it. Such roles are generally saved for the main characters anyway.

About there always being a Traya: metaphor for the betrayer of every era, of every story. Anakin/Vader, Ulic, Jacen/Caedus. The list goes on.

Only Master Dorak is left of the 3 that ran that school that we haven't seen yet.

Didn't Vandar die on Katarr? It says so on wookiepedia's article on Vandar Tokare, but you know, thats wookiepedia.

Kreia was the librarian / Historian of her era. Atris was the Librarian / Historian of her era. Would they really be that formulaic though?

Hmm, that is interesting. That could very well be a characteristic of a 'New Darth Traya'. Very interesting indeed...

lucky: think you're most likely right as far as the title being metaphorical, and that she generally meant it as a statement of the ebb and tide of history.

But I also think she had a specific event in mind and pehaps even an individual that would have an impact on events that that Exile was putting into motion within the old republic.

Rev: I don't know that TSL has explicitly stated Vandar's fate other than vague general statements by Kreia and visas about all the Jedi dead on Visas or having renounced the jedi way of life. I figure he probably did, but Idk for sure. Just saying that it would fit a couple of "typological/archetype" patterns that you see established in the first two games for Master Dorak to show up.

k1) This game showcases the Jedi guardian way of life and philosophy on the whole both with the LS and DS. Vandar comes to the rescue with a frontal assault against the star forge much like the Jedi guardians/weapons masters (even if it was with a space fleet). Likewise, the Star Forge is the ultimate weapon for someone strong in the force to use to make a sustained frontal assault on the galaxy.

Malak's strengths and weaknesses seem to point to a very unsubtle mind, and his way of dealing with problems is again, to tackle them directly. "Oh. Taris is in the way of killing Bastilla, wipe the planet from the face of the galaxy." Even your ls/ds options are very straight-forward in most cases with little subtlety or plotting on Revan's part other than the Genoharradan or the ds option to send the Republic against the sith so both of your enemies wear each other down. Likewise, add to this that Vandar's fleet coming to your rescue in the skies above the nameless world is the epitome of how the computer personality test Revan takes when choosing a lightsaber and a class says that a guardian would choose that way to help someone by direct conflict like that.

K2) This game showcases the consular way of life and philosophy again with both LS and DS options. Enemies and allies on every side of you (Kriea, the Jedi council, Atris, G0-T0, Hanhar) are looking to use you to draw their enemies out of hiding, just like the Jedi test in K1 says a councilor would do. Much of the interpersonal interaction is geared towards either Exile's former teachers, or the exile having the opportunity and ability to teach others to follow in his or her footsteps.

And while Kreia's gone horribly wrong from both the Jedi Masters and the Sith Lords, her methods are also straight out of the Jedi counselors methods of fighting. Indirect, and aiming to get her enemies to "see through her eyes rather than closing them forever." It's how she handles Atris and Hanharr, and when she doesn't do that, she gets her enemies to wear each other down by focusing on each other, thus leaving them vulnerable to her. This is also how the former Jedi council on Dantooine are operating (Vrook, Zez Kai El, and Kavar) in combatting their enemies.

K3: What I said previous is why it would be natural to have the third game in the series to focus on the strengths and weaknesses of the sentinal and their worldview. I think this makes a good arguement that they might use Bastilla in a prominent role perhaps as your mentor. And she may be embittered about Revan or undercutting his /her wishes at this point, but I'm not entirely convinced that she's the one Kreia had in mind in telling the exile that there must always be someone who was betrayed and will betray in turn, because of another trend in the first 2 games that I already mentioned.

Of the Jedi council we met in K1, Master Dorak and Master Zhar are unaccounted for. I suppose something could happen with Master Zhar, as he was Revan's direct master when he was trying to relearn the basics, but I really don't think it will be him.

That is a good prediction, I must say. You do have a point with the "Guardian, Consular, and Sentinel" stuff. I guess that I never really noticed that. Master Zhar and Master Dorak are both said to have died in the Jedi Conclave on Katarr. Appearantly this was mentioned in TSL, so the article says. This is of course mentioned on Wookiepedia. Regardless, we still don't know for sure what truly happened.

Jedi Master Zhar Lestin

Jedi Master Dorak

~Rev

[align=center]^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^[/align]

Well, mainly because anyone can edit or make an article on anything that wiki- has. I have come across somethings that are just plainly incorrect or very contradicting. Most of the time, the information is correct.

[align=center]^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^[/align]

Well, mainly because anyone can edit or make an article on anything that wiki- has. I have come across somethings that are just plainly incorrect or very contradicting. Most of the time, the information is correct.

For that reason no university, college or even highschool will allow a Wiki as a source for a report/project etc...

• 5 weeks later...

Atris could be the new Traya. Her Dark hatred takes over and she is able to find the True Sith much easyier than Revan because she is truly full of hatred and darkness. Exile finnaly finds Revan and while Revan knows he needs to destroy Atris and the True Sith the Exile thinks Atris can see the light once more. This is just the begining of the K3 story. Revan and Exile go sepperate ways to find Atris and the True Sith. Depending on who you play with IMO Revan should be the PC you either end of killing Atris than Exile joins Dark side or Exile finds Atris first and she converts the Exile... Together the Exile and Atris find the True Sith. Their leader (I think there should be a King and Queen/Emperor and an Emperess) sees there pontential and takes them both as his new Apprentices... The rest of the story follows Revan, tracking down Atris, Exile, the True Sith and stopping them by any means. Before the Final battle you fight Atris and the Exile but you should be able to choose who you can save between them or you save neither of them. Than you get to meet your match after kicking every villian's ass and battle the True Sith King/Queen/Emperess/Emperor.

But there's a 2/3 chance that Atris is dead.

And I always thought that Kreia meant for the Exile to be the new Darth Traya. Throughout the game she tries to convince the Exile to betray her crew, and gets the crew to betray the Exile.

And it's clear that Kreia lied to Atris about her becoming the new Darth Traya (at least in the final version of the game).

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

I don't know if this has been said, but has anyone considered Darth Bane?

"...One who holds the knowledge of betrayal, who has been betrayed in heart, and will betray in turn..."

There is a number of ways to interpret this...but here is what I think:

He was betrayed on Phaseera by his commanding officer for taking command of the Gloom Walkers...(which led him to become an apprentice of the Sith Lords)

He was betrayed in the heart by Githany..(and now that I think of it, his father)

And he went on to betray the Brotherhood of Darkness, by wiping them all out, so that the Sith could grow strong again. Most probably he will be betrayed by his apprentice, Zannah.

I don't necessarily think that this is the third Darth Traya, but I think he is a Darth Traya, seeing how his betrayals shaped the galaxy in a large way. I'm pretty sure that most true Sith could be argued as a Darth Traya, since betrayal is the essence of a Sith.

I think maybe she pointed into the far future, to Chancellor/Emperor Palpatine. he betrayed the republic cause he was hiding his identity, just like Kreia did. So i think it could be possibly Palpatine. Why else would she mention the fall of the republic, that would take millenia. And a milenia is 1000 years as you now, and the events of kotor 2 were about 4000 years before the rise of darth vader. Does someone see a link here? Cause i do! :)

Archived