Home

The Third Darth Traya

SilentScope001

Kreia/Darth Traya: "There must always be a Darth Traya, one who holds the knowledge of betrayal, who has been betrayed in heart, and will betray in turn."

This is what Kreia told Atris, the "old" Darth Traya converting the "new" Darth Traya. So why did I bring up this definition of Darth Traya? Because Kreia, the person who linked K1 to K2 and hinted at K3 said:

Darth Traya: "And, there must always be a Darth Traya. The galaxy needs its betrayers, especially in the times to come.

So there may indeed be a 3rd Darth Traya, who may betray the galaxy yet again, like Kreia and Atris. Who could that Darth Traya be? Darth Revan?

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very interesting, I love your posts SilentScope. I had thought about this myself, and I definitely have to say it would not be Darth Revan. His entire adult life has been spent battling the True Sith and (attempting) to strengthen the Republic from the onslaught that is to come. If indeed Darth Revan managed to sieze the reins of the Sith Empire and betray the Republic, it would indeed be one AMAZING plot twist, but unjustified by nearly all dialogue and events in the prior games. I would feel somewhat cheated if it was indeed Darth Revan.

My vote is going to go to someone on the New Council (if indeed the story of K3 takes place with a revitalized Jedi Order). I was thinking someone like Bastila. Maybe not Bastila herself, but someone who's walked her path.

Why do I say Bastila or someone similar?

"one who holds the knowledge of betrayal, who has been betrayed in heart, and will betray in turn."

Bastila probably feels like she was betrayed by Revan, in both the light and dark sides of K1. Dark side? She was poised to be VERY powerful, the new Sith apprentice to what was going to be a very unstoppable armada. Revan leaves, suddenly there's nobody to hold the reforged Sith armies in check...and they are consumed by rival warlords. If light side, she is probably resentful to a certain degree since Revan left her abruptly.

This "betrayal" would definitely gnaw at her. Not to mention, she may feel like she was betrayed by the light side of the force when Malak tortured her since she wasn't able to fully resist. Guilt, so to speak. Taking the cannonical Revan into perspective, I'm 99% sure people followed the love path. Bastila may have loved Revan, but betrayal, especially by someone you love, is EXCEEDINGLY hard to swallow. She may still love Revan, but either be resentful towards him or his ideals (ideals since they overrode his love for her). She may not try to kill him, but to crush everything he worked for. Think of psycho girlfriends ( or even boyfriends ) in movies who constrict their spouses life so that they can spend more time together...sounds like an angry Bastila to me.

The betrayal by the light side of the force could also gnaw at her. She could see the true sith coming back, and with a combination of her dislike for Revans ideas, untrustful feelings towards the light side, and memory of what the dark side was like may cause her to betray the Republic and ally with the True Sith.

Who knows, she could belive she was acting in Revans best interests so once he had nothing left to work with (The Republic) they would be able to spend the rest of their lives together.

Is my interpretation full of holes? Most likely. My two cents, and I'd love to see what other people have to say about this.

Edit: Typo.

Bastila probably feels like she was betrayed by Revan, in both the light and dark sides of K1. Dark side? She was poised to be VERY powerful, the new Sith apprentice to what was going to be a very unstoppable armada. Revan leaves, suddenly there's nobody to hold the reforged Sith armies in check...and they are consumed by rival warlords. If light side, she is probably resentful to a certain degree since Revan left her abruptly.

This "betrayal" would definitely gnaw at her. Not to mention, she may feel like she was betrayed by the light side of the force when Malak tortured her since she wasn't able to fully resist. Guilt, so to speak. Taking the cannonical Revan into perspective, I'm 99% sure people followed the love path. Bastila may have loved Revan, but betrayal, especially by someone you love, is EXCEEDINGLY hard to swallow. She may still love Revan, but either be resentful towards him or his ideals (ideals since they overrode his love for her). She may not try to kill him, but to crush everything he worked for. Think of psycho girlfriends ( or even boyfriends ) in movies who constrict their spouses life so that they can spend more time together...sounds like an angry Bastila to me.

The betrayal by the light side of the force could also gnaw at her. She could see the true sith coming back, and with a combination of her dislike for Revans ideas, untrustful feelings towards the light side, and memory of what the dark side was like may cause her to betray the Republic and ally with the True Sith.

Seems logical. I like the idea of it being Bastila. Betrayal by someone you love can be a strong motivator.

I don't think it would be Revan simply because, according to everything we've learned about him before, he is always trying to strengthen the Republic. To turn his back on them would contradict all of what he stands for.

I'm not good at these "long posts", I'm more of a "short and to the point" kind of guy. Usually, other people get on here and post my ideas for me, and I just agree with them. :D

I've always thought about a third Darth Traya too. I think she (Maybe he) will possibly be someone who was betrayed by many close friends and becomes a traitor (Similar to Kreia I suppose). Bastila could be a good idea, but I doubt she'll fall to the dark side again, after KOTOR. And I agree with the others, I doubt it will be Revan.

Nah, it must be someone else. Maybe another survivor of the academy bombardment.

Bastila is unlikely, she had her sith days after being molested by Mr. Iron jaw. Getting her to be sithed out again would not be as surprising. Well in fact there are not alot of "sithable" characters. HK is not "sithable" obviously, a Mission/Zalbar sith would look stupid. People like a Rakata would do wonders, though unlikely, and having the pazaak champion as a sith is... *cough*

Bao-Dur? Actually its a GREAT CHOICE. His fate is not mentioned by the old hag, and his death is uncertain. He would look gentle and unsuspecting. And his technological genius would make him the perfect suspect to cook up a droid planet acompanied by New HK series droid.

Actually its a GREAT CHOICE. His fate is not mentioned by the old hag, and his death is uncertain. He would look gentle and unsuspecting. And his technological genius would make him the perfect suspect to cook up a droid planet acompanied by New HK series droid.

Bao-Dur, you say? Hmmmm... Yeah, I get your meaning, but I can only see him doing that in three scenarios:

: He always been a treachorus actor, and the Ebon Hawk, his playhouse. He seemed to be the good guy (such as Carth), but he was a real jerk.

:Something... twisted him. Maybe that old Sith Hermit on Tulak's Hord Tomb on Korriban, has "teached" him. And, since he wasn't very clever on his subject, the Hermit thaught him the difficulty way, Force Storm included :lol:.

But for serious now, If he, on one of his travels throught the galaxy, have learned something, a Dark Side artifact, anything, he might as well being corrupted.

: Maybe he turn evil because he believes he is doing the good... like Anakin, and himself too. Remember that old dialogs on the Ebon Hawk, between him and Mandalore? Where the Mandalorian asks him what was his motivation on the war, why he choosed to fight? He tells them that he had no choice, but attck to defend his homeworld and the Republic, cause the mandalorians were butcher with a twisted sense of honor. He was fightoing because it was right to.

After, when talking with him, he asks the same question that Mnadalore asked him before. Why choose to fight? Independently what's your awnser, he tells you that he wanted revenge. Rvenge on those that burned Iridonia and it's people. That's for me, the most likely scenario.

Good question. I like Fish.Staplers idea in principle, but i'm a Bastila fanboy, so i'm sort of against that :D I also agree that it's unlikely to be Revan, and i would be disappointed if it was. Perhaps the Exile? After all, she probably felt betrayed by the Jedi Council after her exile, and i imagine she felt somewhat bitter after events on Peragus etc., so she would be as likely as anyone to betray the Republic.

Good question. I like Fish.Staplers idea in principle, but i'm a Bastila fanboy, so i'm sort of against that :D I also agree that it's unlikely to be Revan, and i would be disappointed if it was. Perhaps the Exile? After all, she probably felt betrayed by the Jedi Council after her exile, and i imagine she felt somewhat bitter after events on Peragus etc., so she would be as likely as anyone to betray the Republic.

Just one thing: canonically, Revan is he, no she. :cool:

Oh, please don't bring canon into this. Revan can be female and Exile male if people prefer. I have always referred to the exile as male, since he was in my games. I see no reason to stop doing so, just as I see no reason to "correct" people when they refer to Revan as female. Canon doesn't matter in the games, since the genders are optional - even Revan's was in TSL, so both Revan's and Exile's should be in K3 as well.

^ Aside from his irritating mood, voice and attitude? Man, I would take GO-TO above him anyday.

G0-T0 was such a soulless character. But we're going OT ;)

I would say Traya only seems a female Sith name because we've already had two female Trayas. it could quite easily be a male.

Well, I wouldn't go that far. Mical's okay, but he can be pretty annoying, both because of his blue-eyed and naive idealism, which makes even Superman look like cold and calculating tactician, and because it carries over to how he expresses himself whenever he opens his mouth. For someone who claims to understand the failures of the jedi, he sure does spout jedi propaganda rather a lot...

But I don't hate him. I just understand why others might.

And yes, the male Exile DOES remember him, meaning he was a "disciple" to the male Exile in his early days also.

As the series stands, the most qualified person to take on the mantle of Darth Traya would be...the Jedi Exile.

Think about what Traya said, that "one who holds the knowledge of betrayal, who has been betrayed in heart, and will betray in turn." Think about how this applies to her:

The Exile was betrayed by Revan, believing that she was saving the Galaxy from the Mandalorian's when in fact she was being used to grow Revan's military power. The Exile was betrayed by the Jedi Order, exiled under false pretenses after willingly coming back to face their judgement. She was betrayed by Atris who wanted to use her to draw out the Sith, she was betrayed again by the Jedi Council who wanted to cut her off from the Force, and finally she was betrayed by her own mentor Kreia.

Given all that, I can easily see the Exile going dark and deciding that the galaxy can go to hell, and betraying others just like she was betrayed.

^^

Meh. The exile was never betrayed in his heart, methinks. The council cast all those out, who followed Revan's crusade, so the exile's, well, exile is really just an affirmation of their early choice to exile them all. The exile is special there only because he was the only one to ever return and face judgment.

The exile was never close enough to Atris to really be betrayed in his heart by her. Atris loved the male Exile, but he didn't know it, and so never returned those feelings. And besides, even if he had, the male exile is just an option (and not even the canonical one, which is sad, if you ask me...)

The exile is never given any particular reason to trust the masters in TSL, and given how Kreia treats the exile, I doubt there is any love lost there either. So no, I wouldn't call any of that "betrayal in the heart" either.

The best candidate now is Revan or someone we haven't met yet IMHO. I don't think the writers of K3 should feel compelled to write a third Darth Traya into the plot, though - I see no overwhelming need to. Even if Kreia is right, and there must always be a Darth Traya, that doesn't mean that this person must ALWAYS be significant in the plot. Where was Darth Traya in K1, for example?

I don't think the writers of K3 should feel compelled to write a third Darth Traya into the plot, though - I see no overwhelming need to.

True, but it does sound pretty interesting they left that quote there. Guess it's random speculation.

Jediphile: Actually, my DSM Exile fell to the DS after being "betrayed" by the Jedi Order during the Mandalorian Wars and after being told numberous times that he was responsible for Peragus. The Jedi Order did not fight the Mandalorians, and criticized those that did...which made my Exile pretty upset.

I think that if there should be a Darth Traya, he should be reserved for a Dark Sided Exile.

Archived