Home

Villains of a War

Tepe looked at Cylia and sighed, standing up straight and placing his hand on her shoulder.

"Your mind is in turmoil. You must meditate more. Let go of the memory of Strider Flamehart and meditate on yourself. I will tell my Guards to let you pass to the second floor. Go to my meditation chamber. There you will find your answers" Tepe said and patted her shoulder befor leaving for the door. He opened the large doors, went outside, said something to the guard who look at Cylia and bowed, then left off towards the Dungeon. The Guard stepped inside the throne room.

"This way, Lady Cylia" the Guard said and waited for her to come with him before leading her towards the mefitation chamber.

Meanwhile, Tepe rushed into the dungeon. The guards stood into attention as the Dark Lord rushed past them and to the holding cell of Valin. He nodded for one of the guards to open the door so he could get inside. The Sith's cape was around him so that the Jedi could not see his lightsabers. The man also blocked his force signature as he stared at Valin.

"I have heard that you have been commanding my guards around. who do you exactly think you are?" he asked and looked at the ignorant man meditating.

"You do know that you are messing with the Dark Lord of the Sith, don't you?"

------

Emukiel reached his shuttle again, jut in time to recieve a message from Thule. He pondered the message for a while. It seemed he was going to the Senate to try and get a peace treaty going. He sighed. It would be a long stay on Coruscant for him. He left again with the speeder, this time for the office of the Head of State as the ambassador of the Sith Dominion. Too bad he didn't bring some people with him, even if he could take care of the security himself if it came to it. It was just that it brought respect to his side if he had his own security.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Reibe, can I ask you something?" Jahara said softly in a pause in their training. Reibe smiled faintly.

"You can ask me anything," she answered. Jahara said nothing for a moment.

"I can feel Charna," she finally admitted. "She stands out like a beacon in the Force, but not just any sort of beacon. I think the Force is calling me to her... drawing me into a confrontation."

"The Force works in mysterious ways," Reibe answered carefully. "I will meditate on this with you."

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Charna despised the Hutts. However, if her master would send her to them, she would go without complaint. Besides, he was right. She was the best person for this job. Bowing her respect to Tepe, she rose and left the room, heading back to the shuttle that would take her to her flagship.

"Inform the Eagle's Fire we are on our way," she instructed the shuttle pilot. "And have them lay in a course. We're going to see the Hutts."

The pilot nodded his agreement and the shuttle lifted off, rising toward Charna's ship in orbit.

Valin glanced up to Tepe for a moment, his eyes bloodshot looking as if he just woke up a from a sleep before going back into deep meditation for a moment. Valin slowly opened his eyes and pushed himself off the wall to rise up to his feet and leaned against the wall to support himself watching Tepe's movements for a moment.

"Of course, I know Tepe. But, after being stuck in this dungeon for awhile you start to not care who anybody is." Valin said as a small grin spread across his face and he turned his back to Tepe, glancing over his shoulder.

"Now, its time for another question. Why am I here? I assume you have a good reason to pull an... innocent civilian off the streets of a planet." Valin mumbled before grinning playing dumb that he was force sensetive, knowing that Tepe could already sense it, but was using it to show him Tepe was no diffrent than anybody else around him.

"You have been brought here because you are a Jedi. You also gave us another reason when you refused to come with the Dark Jedi for questioning" Tepe said and stood in the same spot, watching the man. He released his dark energy in one single moment, overwhelming the Jedi's senses so he could get into his mind. Tepe smirked at Valin and took a step closer.

"You didn't answer me. Who do you think you are? A Sith?" Tepe amused and even gave a light chuckle at the tought. He knew how one was to become a Sith and just by being trained by a Dark Jedi and using the Dark Side wouldn't do it.

Seraxis quickly went around the facility after receiving the message and rounded up the Hunters, telling them Strider was on his way back and had some important things to talk about.

--------------

Strider arrived back at the docking station. He changed back into attire more fitting of a Sith Hunter - his traditional red, tattered cloak and black leather outfit - and entered the station. He was greeted by the old man, who just smiled and went back to tinkering without question as to what rushed the Hunter. He entered the room they had turned into their main meeting room, and stood with seemingly greater commanding presence than ever before, as the chattering Hunters immediately came to a hush when he stepped in.

"I've returned with two things of use for us," he said, his voice echoing in the now quiet chamber.

He set out the datapad and the black box.

"This datapad contains information about the Sith Hunters from the start of their creation to now. It was thought to have been lost when it ended out to be just the three of us, but I found it many years ago at the death site of our old Historian, who's long been dead, may the Force be with him. Why is it important? It lets us know where we went wrong in previous generations, and we can use it to perhaps allow us to make a decision now, which is another thing I'm going to talk about later," Strider explained.

"This," he continued, putting his hand on the black box. "Is something unheard of, and was given to be by gift of my old Master. It is a Relic of the Force, and carries with it a substantial amount of Force sensitivity. I urge each of you to meditate with it at least once before we return to action, as it led to the unlocking of many of my own extraordinary abilities, I believe it will help enlighten you to your own," Strider informed.

Finally it was time for Strider to address the issue of the war.

"I'm going to say some things now that may shock some of you, that may make you question what it is that's been going through my head. I come to you with my analysis of the war, and our standing," he started. "The Dominion, though stretching itself thin now in the war, is holding the upper hand. I'm not saying we should join the winning side, but along with that triumph, they've also created better economies for the planets they takeover and the civilians prefer the apparently more secure lifestyle under the Dominion under the mess that was the Republic. Although we haven't quite been fighting in favor for the Galactic Republic because they house the Jedi that are against us, our efforts against the Dominion certainly work in favor of the Alliance regardless. I know it would be against every morale, every cause the Sith Hunters have ever traditioned themselves in believing, but it's hard to admit to myself that what we're doing would be forcing people to live under a system that would be more economically and socially enduring for them. I know that the leader is a Sith, and that we do not want the hands of the leadership of the Dominion to fall into the hands of another Sith Lord like Palpatine, but I believe that if watched, monitored, and even possibly controlled correctly, the Dominion may not be such a wretched curse as we see it to be. I'm not saying we're going to usurp power, but it might be wise for us to watch the Sith Lords that come into office and become a force that keeps their power in check," Strider finally finished.

"So, having said that, my friends...no...brothers and sisters, what have you to say? These are dark times, and I rely on the guidance of my companions just as much as you rely on ours to get through the troubles that lie before us," Strider asked the group.

"This is not an easy decision, Brother," Reibe said softly. "Upon the initial hearing, everything within me screams against the suggestion you make. And yet..." She fell silent. Suddenly, she shifted, turning to the chair that would have been Jahara's.

"Jahara felt called to confront Charna," she explained to Strider, who was the only Hunter that did not know of it yet. "She went to Nal Hutta to find her." Sighing wearily, she closed her eyes. "This is another reason I am torn on the subject you have brought to our attention..."

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Reibe's little starfighter dropped out of hyperspace over Nal Hutta, Jahara at its controls. She coolly observed the Dominion ships in orbit and adjusted her course to miss them. Almost immediately, she sensed her old friend, already on the planet... no doubt attempting to barter with Hutts for something or other. Jahara shivered lightly. In that job, she did not envy Charna.

---==---==---

Charna was smiling confidently as she spoke with Guurba the Hutt. Anything he desired, she knew before he spoke. Thus far, she was being very successful at satisfying his desires and having her own fulfilled. But then, she felt Jahara's presence and lost her sense of focus. Guurba's happiness turned to rage, but Charna regained her control and finished the negotiations. Excusing herself in a rush, she left the Hutt's palace, hoping to get to her shuttle without running into Jahara.

But that was not to be.

"I felt you the instant I dropped out of hyperspace," Jahara murmured from her spot, seated atop Charna's shuttle. "Your newfound darkness... it doesn't suit you, Danni."

"Danielle Bayers is gone," Charna answered coldly. "You know my name."

"As you wish, Charna," Jahara said. She stood and flipped off the shuttle, over Charna's head to land behind her. Charna turned to face her old friend.

"You're a Sith Hunter now," she observed. Jahara nodded.

"You've sensed my resequenced genetic structure," she replied. Charna smirked.

"What is this?" she wondered, "a sense war?"

Jahara cocked her head. "What do you want it to be?"

Simultaneously, the two women struck out their hands toward one another. The opposing Force shockwaves collided with a deafening crack and created a small, deep crater between the two former friends. Charna followed the shockwave immediately with a powerful blast of lightning, which Jahara deflected upward. The bolt seared through a smaller Dominion blastboat, frying the crew and disabling the engines. The little ship plummeted through the atmosphere and extinguished its flames in the ocean.

"How very... destructive of you," Charna remarked. Jahara shook her head.

"You made the lightning," she pointed out. Charna reached out a hand to choke the young Hunter, but the attempt failed as Jahara threw a Force 'punch', a small, intensely focused push at Charna's stomach. The punch landed solidly, knocking Charna clean off her feet, gasping for breath.

"That's... new..." she wheezed. Jahara smiled faintly.

"So's lightning coming from you," she countered. "Weren't you always hanging around the Healers?"

Strider nodded, as if the decision to send Jahara to face Charna was fine.

"Like I said, the situation has to be appropriately monitored if the Sith Hunters were to side with the Dominion. There are those who are lined up to be the next Lord of the Dominion when or if Tepe eventually steps down or falls. There are certain...heirs, to put it appropriately, that may not share the same careful sentiments over the civilians that he does," Strider explained.

There was a long pause, some chatter amongst the Hunters, before Strider spoke again.

"I cannot make my decision without the aid of yours. Please, especially you Riebe, tell me everything you feel on the subject," Strider requested, then looked at Katherine, implying the same to her.

Katherine let out a long sigh. This was not a decision she had been expecting to make, but knew there was no other choice. They would have had to choose a definite stance in the war sometime.

"Strider, I will stand by whatever decision is made by the majority here, that's all I can say," she replied.

Strider nodded, and looked to the other Hunters. "So please, enlighten me on the full extent of your opinions," he requested.

((I deleted the last post. I didn't like it at all))

Tepe frowned at the silent Valin and stepped out of the cage. A guard closed and locked the door before looking at the Lord for orders.

"Get him ready for transportation. I can torture him on my ship on the way to Ossus" the Dark Lord said, nodded to the young guard and left. The guards ordered a hoversled designed for prisoner tranportation. Once it arrived, the guards used a stun gun on Valin, cuffed him and then locked him within a ray shield ontop of the hoversled. A guard was on the hoversled, controlling it, while two others walked beside it towards a waiting gunship that had come down to pick them up.

Meanwhile, Tepe found the Colonel and walked with him to the small garden out back. It was another small sanctuary to the Lord. A calm, hidden place for his light side. The Colonel removed his officer's cap and revealed a small implant that connected him to the Sith Dominion mainframe. He was the most trusted man in the whole Dominion when it came down to Tepe and nobody could even compare. The two were like brothers, even by their looks.

"Kaoin has started to become more and more frustrated. The guards tell me he has become much more temperamental and ruthless. Especially in battles"

"Hmm... He is planning to betray me. How are the spies within his crews?"

"They have reported of strong loyalties to Kaoin, even if most of them are still more loyal to the Dominion cause than that of Kaoin's. Those who support Kaoin are single, young and eager, while those who support us are family men and women who have children or parents to think about"

"The young crew members are a threat and even your guards can't withstand the amount they are in. Kaoin should be taken care of sooner or later, yet we need him and his strategic skills. No Dark Jedi general can compare to a Sith's understanding with the Force. Tell your guards to start wearing combat armor at all times and carry heavy weapons at all times when near Kaoin. If he rebels, we'll just have to take as much of his troops out as we can."

"Yes, my lord" the Colonel said and a moment of silence took over as they walked around in the garden.

"I sence Charna is in danger... Send her guards to check up on her. I need her alive. And try to find out if the team back on Ruun has managed to find out the secrets of the machine in the Old Sith Temple. I want to know the secret of nearly eternal life without consuming my force energy into it" Tepe finally said and nodded to the Colonel, which meant for him to leave.

"Yes, my lord. Shall I prepare a shuttle for your departure to Ossus?"

"Yes... Let me know when it's ready"

"Yes, my lord"

So the two men departed once again. The Colonel left the garden while Tepe took a seat in a small stone ring right in the middle of the lush sanctuary. He started a deep meditation, finding a calm place withing himself and clearing his mind of all material things. The silence was like heaven for him. The calmness of his mind could be felt by anyone who were somehow connected to him by force, may it be throught leeching of one's energy or by friendship. His calmness was something special within the Force, as it came from a Dark source while staying pure.

((Changed the Charna-Jahara fight to Nal Hutta, given a very tiny indication in the post BKK deleted that that's where he intended the negotiations with the Hutts to take place... and it makes better sense that way :) ))

The two former friends launched everything they could think of at one another, anything from simple Force pushes to more lightning from Charna (with a little returned from Jahara) and a few more Force 'punches' from Jahara, which Charna quickly learned to block and to return.

By the time Charna's guards got the message they were to check on her, an area of nearly a full square mile had been demolished and the two friends still fought at the center of an ever growing crater, the battered hulk of Charna's shuttle beneath them. Now, their lightsabers were out, flickering this way and that, occasionally clashing if the women got close enough. In every way, both in the Force and in lightsaber combat, Charna and Jahara were evenly matched.

"What do we do?" one guard said to another as they watched from a distance. The other shook his head solemnly.

"This is way over our heads," he answered. "However, Lord Tepe has made it very clear he wants Charna to survive... perhaps if we call out to her."

And they did. Their call made an abrupt halt to the battling women and both of them turned toward the guards.

"Friends of yours?" Jahara asked curiously. Charna smiled faintly.

"My guards," she answered. "No doubt they've been sent to see to it you don't kill me."

"How accurate are they?" Jahara wondered. Charna chuckled.

"I wouldn't try anything," she advised. Jahara shrugged.

"I wouldn't either," she said. Smiling, she shut off her lightsaber and clipped it to her belt. Confused, Charna turned to face her old friend.

"What are you doing?" she wondered. Jahara laughed.

"I thought the Force called me here to kill you," she said. "Now I realize I was called here to be tested. Look around us, Charna. We're at the center of what could be classified a city-devastating event. We both passed this test. Now, you will return to your master, and I will return to my brothers and sisters."

Charna sighed and closed her eyes. "Despite the circumstances, it was good to see you again."

With a sly smile, Jahara answered, "You too, Danni." This time, Charna did not correct her, and the old friends walked their separate ways, Charna back to her guards and Jahara back to the fighter.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Reibe did not answer Strider for a long moment. Then, she closed her eyes and shook her head, sighing. "Strider, I would be lying if I said I had not thought of siding with the Dominion. But within my mind, I seem to run into the brick wall of a Sith in charge. Sith Like Palpatine, and Vader, and Vessa come to mind. Somewhere in my head, I have this..." She paused, searching for the right word. "... this template for what a Sith Lord is."

Again, she fell into an uneasy silence, her mechanical right hand clenched in her mental battle over the issue. Waving her left hand dismissively, she murmured, "Pass over me... pass over... need to think..." She rose to look out from a window, into space.

The Colonel steped again within the Garden. He walked to the stone ring and cleared his throat, waiting for the Lord to awaken from the meditation.

"Yes, Colonel" Tepe asked while still partly in the meditation.

"The ship is ready and the prisoner is onboard, my Lord. Also, Emukiel has sent word that he has an appointment with the Head of State early tomorrow morning. He also wishes to inform you that he senced betrayal within the Head of State's office. He thinks it is likely the Galactic Alliance will try to break our defences one last time before that meeting and use the attacking admirals as scapegoats" the Colonel informed the Lord who opened his eyes and stood up.

"Very well. Call my apprentices and inform them that I will be having dinner with the Council of Masters of the Ossus Jedi and that if they wish to join me, they are free to do so. Place all defences on high alert." Tepe said and walked for the door, the Colonel following him and placing the officer's cap properly on his head. The two men left the garden side-by-side and headed for a waiting shuttle to take them onboard the Phasma. Tepe's Guards once again escorted the Lord within the shuttle.

------

Emukiel set himself down onto the bed within a room presented to him, taking that he was now an official ambassador for the cause of the Sith Dominion. He looked out of the hotel window, looking as the sun started to set itself down behind the skyline of Coruscant. The weequay had recieved a brief message from Tepe, telling him the conditions of a peace treaty, which were much more negotiable than the ones Tepe had given when he requested to establish a nation within Sith Space. Emukiel took out his small holoprojector and looked at the message once again.

"The Sith Dominion wishes to be informed of any Jedi operations within Sith Dominion territory, the Jedi of Ossus are to be left alone and the Sith Dominion wants the LiMerge Power building as our embassy. In return, we shall rid the Works of pests and shut down polluting factories for good as well as fund any recontruction the Galactic Alliance wishes to make on it's worlds that have been ravaged by the war."

Strider sighed in dismay at the lack of response from his closest friend, Riebe.

"I understand entirely, and that is what makes this decision hard for me as well. I have seen what previous Sith rulers are like, I have been around for nearly four millenias. I have it set in my mind that all Sith wield the dark side and carry some sinister plot or are bloodthirsty for power or greater knowledge of the Dark Side," Strider agreed, sighing and beginning to pace now. The circular table in front of them was a holoprojector, and he waved his hand over it, and it displayed a pre-prepared projection of the Galactic Alliance space and Sith Space. With this, he posed some interesting information that would hopefully serve to persuade some of their opinions.

"The Dominion," he started, the planets of the Dominion highlighting as he spoke of it, "for these past several years, fought an entirely defensive war. The only reason for conquering planets seemed mostly either for a revenge attack, and the Dominion is just that much more effective at full frontal attacks, or something." While he spoke, the holoprojector had shown various battles and the exchange back and forth of various planets.

He continued, "They aren't attacking with the desire to conquer. They're attacking with the desire to protect the civilians ravaged by the war. On top of this, during the several encounters with Tepe, I have managed to sense his state of mind throughout some of the key parts of this war. The Dark Lord is growing tired of the war. It's wearing thin, its draining his supplies. How many Sith do you know would grow tired of conquer? Grow tired of strife? They strive off of disturbances in the Force, yet Tepe wants an end to it."

The room was deathly quiet. They knew Strider held a true point. But could any argue it?

"What if they do attain peace, what if Tepe corrupts what is left of the leadership of the Galactic Alliance and begins a takeover? And if not Tepe, another Sith ruler of the Dominion?" Katherine suddenly lashed out at Strider.

"I thought about that, and again, that is why I bring up this point. As Sith Hunters, we are versatile, together we are powerful, enigmatic, though not invincible, a force to be reckoned with. The Galactic Alliance turned on us because they feared us. The Dominion, in every respect, could have done the same. But they haven't. I'm not saying throw our trust fully into the arms of the Sith Dominion, but they are the more preferrable side of this war. Think about it. The civilians are happy, world economies are improved under him. It's very ideal," Strider replied.

"Almost too ideal," Katherine interrupted.

"Exactly. And the Sith Hunters have spent over two millenias watching and hunting the Sith. I'm not saying we stop, I'm saying we focus our attention to the Sith involvement in the politics of the Dominion. We will always live so long as we do not fall in battle, and could be the driving force to ensure the immense power the Dominion wields does not fall into the wrong hands," he finalized.

Katherine stood quiet. As she had expected Strider to do, he had responded and backed up his answer in a way that was virtually failsafe. If they threw their support behind the Dominion, they could be the power to ensure that the Dominion never fell into the wrong hands after Tepe's lordship. They could be the power that would watch over even Tepe, ensuring that his rule as the Lord of the Dominion would remain a peaceful one.

Strider sighed. "Please, take some time to think it over. Send for me in the docks once you have attained your decisions," he finally said, then turned and left the room, his cloak swirling behind him as he walked out.

-----

Strider approached the old man, smiling in a friendly matter and sitting across from him.

"So what bothers you kiddo?" the old man asked with a smile. His eyes had a slight blue glaze over the pupils. He was blind, yet amazingly efficient. He was Force Sensitive, very much so, though as the Hunters did while they were present on the facility, he hid it. He was not immensely powerful, but strong enough that he had learned to see using the Force after the loss of his sight.

"Can't make a decision on our position against or for the Dominion," he said. "But no worries on that...how is progress coming on the..." he paused, making sure none of the other Hunters had followed him.

"They're done, just finalizing the weapon outfitting. You know having more than one of that is a threat if they ever fall into the wrong hands," the old man reminded.

Strider smiled. "After receiving them, trust me, they'll never leave their sight," he said. "How's the Ragnarok upgrades coming?"

"Silly boy, it's already so powerful, why would you want to make it as strong as a battlestation?"

There was a pause.

"Oh right. You're Strider, I forgot," the old man replied with grin.

"How's it look?" Strider asked. He had not flown the Ragnarok when he had left the planet fighting Emukiel, it was being upgraded by the automated system aboard the station with parts from the old man.

"Very different, much more sleeker, much more impressive. It's still the size of a standard starship, but seeing this come out of hyperspace your foes are going to wonder what it is," the old man said with a grin.

"Alright. Well just make sure the other ships are ready soon, okay gramps?" Strider requested.

"Consider it done. Get some rest Strider, while they make their decision," the old man confirmed.

Strider nodded and crossed the room, sitting and going into a meditative state. He hoped they would come to a decision soon.

Reibe was restless. It had been quite some time since Jahara had gone to confront Charna. Her absence was part of the cause of Reibe's restlessness. She did not feel she could support Strider's ideas if one of the Sith had ended Jahara's life. To keep their location a secret, she could not reach out to find her young Sister.

Slowly, the old man wandered into the room and Reibe's sharp hearing caught his entrance. But she did not turn to greet him.

"She's alright," he offered quietly. Finally, Reibe turned to face him, her face tense with anticipation.

"You have heard from her?" she demanded. The old man shook his head.

"No, but I've watched your 'training' over the last few days," he answered. "She is far more than prepared to combat her former friend. She will return."

At that moment, a bright flash shone through the windows they stood at and Reibe let out a relieved laugh. Suddenly, her laugh was cut short and replaced by a worried frown. "Does this mean Jahara killed Charna?"

"Why don't you go ask?" the old man urged. And Reibe ran to greet the incoming fighter.

---==---==---

Reibe entered the hangar bay just as Jahara was descending from the cockpit of the little fighter.

"You're safe!" Reibe exclaimed, pulling the younger woman into a tight embrace. Jahara giggled.

"Yeah, I'm safe," she agreed, squeezing her mentor tightly. Slowly, Reibe pulled out of the hug and looked into Jahara's eyes.

"Did you..." Reibe began. Jahara shook her head.

"My test was not to kill Charna," she said. "It was simply to see how evenly matched we are... Reibe, the combat we engaged in was enough to flatten a full square mile." She smiled faintly. "And it was good to see her again."

"So how would you react if we were to... side with the Dominion?" Reibe wondered. Jahara chuckled.

"Saw that one coming," she stated confidently. "It won't bother me, Reibe. Gives me more of a chance to see Danni."

"Then all my concerns are void," Reibe said, offering the younger woman a relieved smile. "Let's go tell Strider."

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

The Eagle's Fire left Nal Hutta only a few minutes after Jahara took the fighter away. As they prepared to return to Naboo, a message came in, indicating that Tepe was headed to Ossus and that Charna was free to join him.

"I suppose I'd be interested in seeing the old Masters again," she murmured. "Helm. Set course for Ossus. We'll meet Lord Tepe there."

The Ravager-class battlecruiser turned slowly, heading in a new direction, and then leapt into hyperspace toward Ossus.

Kaoin leaned against the metal rail and ran his hands through his hair. After the last three days of trying to convince the planet Taris to join the Dominion peacefully, they had remained adamant. Kaoin had had about enough of it.

"Time to force their hand." He said quietly to himself. "Captain, open a channel to the Prime Minister of Taris." Kaoin suddenly barked. The viewscreen went from the white speckled black of space and flared into the humanoid Khalid Val'kilq.

Kaoin cleared his throat and spoke. "Prime Minister, I have tried and tried to persuade you to join the Dominion, but you have remained adamant and arrogant. Your wealth will be your undoing. I have a full fleet above your planet waiting to, persuade, if you will, you to join the Dominion. Please do not make me do this. Your spoiled upbringing has never let you see the horrors of war, I don't suggest you find out now," said Kaoin, his stare burning into the Prime Minister's chest.

"Uh, umm." the Minister stuttered. "We would peacefully like to welcome the Dominion into Taris. Our home is your home." Khalid said nervously. His eyes started darting back and forth, and Kaoin knew he had him cornered.

"Excellent choice, Prime Minister! Excellent. Now if you don't mind, my fleet will leave a garrison on Taris to "ensure your safety". Good day, sir." said Kaoin. The viewscreen flared blue and then turned back in to the white speckled black of space.

The Phasma jumped out of hyperspace above Ossus. Sparkles were flying around in deep space as the defending fleet was going throught hull repairs. The Colonel entered a room with a large globe in it. Inside, Tepe was thinking of his current choise of life. His hair was greying and face wrinkling, causing him to search for a source of eternal life throught the Force. He knew it was something a Sith would be expected to do, yet he was concerned of what it might bring out in him. Greed, lust, jealousy... Qualities of a Sith he had avoided to become since his fall. A beep echoed throught the inside of the meditation chamber, letting the Sith Lord know of someone's presence in the room. He sighed, gathered himself and opened the chamber.

"Yes, Colonel?"

"We have arrived, my Lord"

"Good. Prepare a shuttle. Tell only two guards to escort me. This is a place where I do not need a heavy escort"

"Yes, Lord Tepe"

The shuttle left some time after that from one of the hangars, dropping throught the atmosphere and heading for the Jedi Praxeum. It had been while since the last time a Dominion ship landed on the Praxeum's ground. They usually just sat up in space, defending the place. The shuttle landed with a slow, low-tone hiss as the landing gear was stabilized and the ramp lowered from it's below, finally after that opening the airlock for the Dark Lord to step throught. He was dressed majestically and in his finest. You could see he was there for a friendly visit. A group of jedi approached the shuttle and bowed as they met up with Tepe and his two guards.

"Lord Dantes, the Masters have gathered within the Great Hall, expecting your presence." one of the Jedi said and Tepe gave him a sharp look. For some reason the Jedi on Ossus had started to call him Lord Dantes. After a few visits and Skywalker getting on his case for giving those who had called him Dantes a flight against the nearest solid object, he had stopped caring. He just amused to himself how easy it would be to wipe out the whole Praxeum with one single command and get rid of all the arrogant little Jedi.

"Very good. Lead the way, Jedi" Tepe answered and followed the Jedi group throught the main door of the Praxeum and towards the Grand Hall where a table had been set with exotic foods from differnt parts of the galaxy. As Tepe entered, he smirked atthe sight.

"At least you went throught some pain making these instead of serving some old greasy Jedi food. Hello, old friend" the Lord said and shook the hands of Luke and Kyle as well as saying hello to the other Masters.

"It's good we could come together. I'm not sure if my apprentices are coming, but I invited them to join me if they so wish." he continued before taking a seat, so adding another wrinkled man at the table instead of the normal two: Kyle and Luke. Tepe's guards were seated by the wall, right behind Tepe. A steady chatter came into life before they would be served the actual dinner.

((Check out the article. Tepe's getting older :p ))

Katherine sighed. She decided, too, that she would join Strider. She entered the docking room in which the Ragnarok was stored, where she found him meditating.

Strider opened his eyes and looked at Katherine.

"You know my decision," she spoke softly. Strider nodded and smiled in response. He was glad to know that she had decided to take a chance with his beliefs. He only now awaited the decisions of the others. He did not have to wait long. Soon, Riebe and Jahara entered, and confirmed their support for his plan.

"We should head for Ossus. But before we do, I have a gift."

Several large doors suddenly opened, revealing new starships for each of the Sith Hunters, each one custom modelled for each Hunter.

"They're all crafted with similar abilities as my own Ragnarok. I thought it was time we had our own fighters, rather than depend on me for transportation," he said with a grin. "Well make yourselves at home in them and get ready, we have an appointment on Ossus to make," he said.

((Monkeys' breath! Sorry, guys... I've been rather uncreative lately... at least where it comes to LF...))

Reibe and Jahara found Katherine and Strider just as Strider was explaining the fighters. Jahara muttered a few choice words in Old Corellian in her awe of the new fighters. Reibe only chuckled.

"You've outdone yourself now," she told Strider. "But I do hope you thought ahead enough that you remembered I didn't need one... doesn't the leader always have to stand out somehow anyway?" She gestured across the hangar to her own fighter. Jahara took a step toward the new fighters.

"Droyk, they're beautiful!" she murmured. Grinning at Strider, she thanked him in Old Corellian, and then translated her thanks into Basic. "I'm gonna love this... no more hearing Reibe say, 'Sit tight, Gunner Girl... no, no, don't shoot 'im... I'm gonna ram 'im!' Not anymore! Now I get some action!"

"Oy!" Reibe laughed. "Good riddance! You're a noisy, nosy, backseat flier!" Shaking her head, she nodded. "At any rate, Strider, Jahara and I have made our decision."

"My mission to Nal Hutta was a successful test of my abilities," Jahara said. "And that was all it was meant to be. I did not kill Charna and I won't."

"You presented us with a great challenge, Strider," Reibe cut in smoothly. "To keep a ruling power in line, to be sure it does not cross the line we establish... it is no easy task. But the Sith Hunters have never shied from a challenge. And we will not shy from this one."

- - - - - - - - - - - - -

The Eagle's Fire came out of hyperspace over Ossus and quickly established orbit. From there, Charna took a spare shuttle down to the surface. Less than fifteen minutes after her arrival, she entered the grand hall, following three Jedi and flanked by two guards. The guards and the Jedi split off as Charna approached the table at Tepe's left hand.

"I apologize for my late arrival," she said softly. To Tepe, she nodded her head in a furtive bow of respect. Turning to Kyle and Luke, she smiled. "Masters Skywalker and Katarn, a pleasure to see you both again."

"It is something of a pleasure to see you alive and well, Danni," Skywalker answered, nodding ever so slightly. Charna flinched almost imperceptibly.

"Please, Jedi Masters," she said, keeping her tone level, "let us not dwell in the past, nor on the names that lived within it."

"As you wish, Charna," Katarn agreed. Turning to Tepe, he then asked, "Are we to expect your other apprentice also?"

"Unfortunately, no. He is preparing his fleets near the Imperial Remnant territory" Tepe said and looked at the Luke an then Charna, taking a sip of water. For a brief moment the conversation got more furious, then it was interrupted by a simple beeping sound.

"Excuse me, I think I need to get that." Tepe said and got up from the table. He walked to the wall, turning his back to the group and took his holoreciever out. The image of the Colonel appeared, kneeling down.

"My Lord, we are getting several signals heading this way throught our sensor arrays. There are too many of them to be our reinforcements" the Colonel said and looked at Tepe.

"Interesting... Send word to the nearest fleet and request immediate assistance. Prepare all ships and ground forces for a battle. Get the Phasma's weapons systems online and launch all fighters. Engage the ships as soon as they arrive from hyperspace, Colonel" Tepe said, losed the comm and returned to the table, but not to sit down. He stood behind his chair and looked around at the Jedi.

"Masters, you must excuse us. We have recieved word of an unidentified fleet heading this way. I wish we could continue this dinner after the battle, maybe?" Tepe said and walked to Charna, placing a hand on hr shoulder.

"Walk with me" he said and started to head for the door.

As Charna catched up to him, Tepe sighed quietly.

"This war is draining me. I'm getting old, my apprentice. We need to win this battle, for without it, we might never get absoulte peace. I doubt that peace will still come, taking Koin is getting arrogant and disloyal. Any day now, he might try an overthrow me. Fool..." Tepe said and finally looked at Charna, ignoring the guards walking behind them.

"You will become the Lady of the Sith Dominion once I die. Rest assured of that. But for now, all you must do is meditate. Use your knowledge in batte meditation to aid our troops. Good luck, milady" the Lord finished and suddenly kissed the woman. It wasnt a fierce kiss. More of a peck. A peck that lasted for several seconds before Tepe departed of it and looked at Charna with a kind smile. One of the guards coughted, reminding them of the hurry they were in.

------

Meanwhile, onboard the Phasma's command bridge, the Colonel watched the officers scurry around. Continuous reports of the fleet status, shield levels, weapons systems and ground troop situation were filling the air and the Admiral was trying to manage the large flow of information and redirect all this knowledge into sharp commands. The Colonel just stood next to the Admiral. He was no strategist. All he had to do was make sure to inform him of Lord Tepe's status and how far was the possibly hostile fleet.

If Charna was at all alarmed by Tepe's wearied confessions, she managed to cover it very well. "When Kaoin attempts a takeover, he will find that fear marches through his troops. Even his own confidence will begin to fail him. As for the present, our troops will fight like they've never..." At that moment, Tepe's abrupt kiss cut off her words, but did not take her wholly by surprise. As they separated from the kiss and Charna saw Tepe's smile, she returned the smile.

"See you when this is over," she said softly. And with that, they moved their separate ways.

As the mystery fleet approached, Charna could begin to feel the life-signs aboard the ships; she could begin to feel their emotions, the fear, the excitement. Her eyes opened just a crack and she murmured, "Hostile."

A Jedi stood just near enough to hear her and he turned. "I can't sense that. Are you sure?"

Charna's eyes opened a little more. "Very."

"Don't doubt her, kid," Kyle Katarn said, entering the room. "Sound the alarm. Inform Lord Dantes and his fleet that the incoming vessels are hostile."

As the young Jedi hurried out of the room, Kyle turned to Charna, whose eyes had again closed.

"Mind if I observe you?" he wondered. Charna chuckled softly.

"You'll see something you'll never achieve," she answered. "But go ahead... just don't think too loud."

Tepe got on his shuttle and moments afterwards the shuttle lifted up, leaving for the Phasma. Just as the shuttle entered the hangar, the first Galactic Alliance ships appeared from hyperspace and were immediately pummeled by Dominion fighters, interceptors and bombers. The small craft were then joined by the larger battleships and cruisers while the flagship stayed behind.

Tepe got on his seat on the bridge and a large holoprojector showed a tactical map. The Galactic Alliance was sending landing ships for Ossus, something the battallions of troops and jedi could easily take care of while the Dominion fleet engaged the Galactic Alliance one in space. Some smaller warships tried to slip past the Dominion lines and engage the flagship, two of them with success. The two small ships pummeled the larger ship, but got just as pummeled themselves by the powerful dungeon ship. One of the ships made the mistake of being straight infront of the Phasma and Tepe took all the joy he found in it.

"Full speed ahead. Divert shields to the front and divert all fire on that other ship. Launch all fighters!" Tepe ordered. The tactic payed off. The two ships were destroyed easily. The other was torn to pieces as Tepe's ship rammed into it's side at full speed while the other was picked apart by the turbolaser fire and the starfighter support.

"Inform the Jedi of the landing ships and send bombers to take the ships out while they're unloading" Tepe said and the officers got to work again. The Colonel looked at the battle with a frown.

"This is an easy battle" the Colonel said but Tepe shook his head.

"No. The Galatic Alliance will divert most of it's ships to attack here. They want to breach our defences for good. When our reinforcements arrive, the Alliance will have douvble the ships it has now. We'll need some helluva tought help if we want to win this. The Phasma may be strong, but it's still not indestructible" Tpee noted and the Colonel took a step back, his opinion defeated.

((And this is where the Sith Hunters jump in, right?))

((I'm doing a little time skip thing for the Hunters... so yes, this is where they jump in.))

Charna stretched her senses further, reinforcing the positive emotions of the Dominion crews and searching for reinforcements. But her senses didn't get much further before she felt a familiar presence drawing near at lightspeed... two of them, in fact. Then, three, four, even five. Charna's eyes snapped open in alarm and she lurched to her feet, staggering toward a comm system, a puzzled and concerned Kyle Katarn following behind.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"Welcome to our first challenge," Reibe said, while the Hunters were still in hyperspace. "The Galactic Alliance has decided to force its hand upon the Dominion by conquering Ossus. They calculated that right about now would be perfect timing for a preliminary strike, as now is the time when Darth Tepe himself was scheduled to meet with the True Masters. The majority of their fleet is not far behind. As it happens, we will probably enter the fighting after the rest of the fleet gets..."

"Charna is alarmed at our approach," Jahara interrupted.

"Calm her fears, Jahara," Reibe said quickly. "Before she takes our approach wrong."

--==--==--

Don't warn your master, Danni. We are here to help.

Charna halted abruptly, right hand poised above the comm system's activation switch.

Danni, trust me!

Charna hit the switch. "Ossus Ground to Phasma," she said. "This is Lady Charna."

"Go ahead, Lady Charna," the comm officer answered.

"Inform Lord Tepe that the Sith Hunters are approaching," she advised. "And that they claim to be siding with us in this conflict."

The comm officer's eyes widened and he did as ordered... just as the rest of the Galactic Alliance fleet dropped out of hyperspace.

Strike fear in their hearts, Danni! I will help!

--==--==--

"Well?" Reibe demanded impatiently after several moments of silence from Jahara. Silence was Jahara's response, but then, she gasped.

"The Alliance fleet has arrived," she murmured. "Reibe, slaving my fighter's controls to yours until we arrive... I have got to help Danni influence minds."

She again fell silent, but this time, Reibe could feel her reaching out, even beyond Reibe's sense limit. The Hunter Leader could not help but be amazed at the volume of the young woman's power. Enough to flatten a square mile indeed... and that was without much exertion.

--==--==--

"The Hunters are siding with us!" Charna exclaimed into the comm again, excitement flooding her voice as she sensed Jahara begin influencing and enhancing the Alliance fleet's nervousness. Behind her, Kyle ran a hand through his hair, puzzled.

"Never would'a seen that coming," he muttered.

Tepe grunted as he heard the news. The Dominion reinforcements from the neighbouring systems arrived, engaging the Galactic Alliance. The Lord looked at the battle, then stood up and looked at the tactical hologram.

"Admiral, drive us straight into the battle. Get all weapons ready and launch every fighter we have. Even the droid ones" Tepe said and took a step towards the end of the walkway. The engines of the huge ship rumbled vigorously as they were taken to the extreme, pushing the ship as fast as they could. The Sith Lord turned to see the Colonel and smirked.

"Execute Command 13, Colonel" Tepe said. The Colonel gave the man a funny look before swallowing.

"But, my lord, that would mean..." The Colonel started but was interrupted.

"I know what it means. Execute it"

------

The HUDs of Kaoin's guards flashed and the text 'Command 13' appeared on the upper left corner. The guards looked at each others before gathering behind the Sith and the leader taking a step forwards.

"Lord Kaoin, you have been relieved of your duties. You are accused of being a traitor plotting against the Sith Dominion and the Lord of the Sith Dominion. Hand over your lightsaber" the Guard said and opened his palm infront of the man. The rest of the guards took out their rifles and pointed them at the Sith. Kaoin could easily manage to cut down the leader and hold up against the laser shots for a while, possibly even killing most of the Guards before getting at least injured, but it would not matter. Tepe had gotten to him before the apprentice could attempt a coup. The Lord could not jeopardise his position when a peace treaty was in the works.

"This is Strider Flamehart of the Sith Hunters, from the Ragnarok to the Phasma. This surprise on the Galactic Alliance will catch them off guard. I will be making a move on their ships momentarily. If you wish to strike a harsh blow to make the tide of this battle turn in our favor, direct several of your squads to follow me. I'll need their firepower, I'm going to hit their capital ships hard and fast while the other Hunters help with anything else," Strider suggested in a rushed voice over the intercom to the Phasma. It felt so strange to be offering his help so willingly to the Dominion, and he knew they too would be surprised.

"Also," Strider added, "Inform Lord Tepe that the Sith Hunters wish a peaceful audience after this battle. There is much to be discussed," he finished, flying the Ragnarok ahead of the Phasma, waiting to see if he would send a squadron with him for the hit and run on the capital ships.

The naval command hesitated, so the message was forwarded to Lord Tepe himself. The Admiral looked at the hologram of the Ragnarok and the other Hunters' fighters. Tepe gave a chuckle at the message. He knew just how weird it sounded when Strider requested assisstance like a Dominion pilot.

"Send Red, Green and Blue squads as well as Gold squad. Tell them to open channels to the Ragnarok and that Strider has been given control of them for now" he said and the Admiral complied. Only a moment later, two squads of Sith Fighters, a squad of Bombers and a squad of Interceptors joined the Ragnarok in the attack run. The squad leaders contacted Strider.

"Blue squad, reporting in"

"Red squad, reporting in"

"Green squad, reporting in"

"Gold squad, reporting in"

"What's your orders, Commander?"

The Colonel looked at his Lord who laughted at the situation by himself. The Phasma had just entered the heat of battle and needed further orders. This was also noticed by the Admiral who cleared his throat to remind the Lord of this also.

"Hm... Put this ship into a roll, Admiral. And fire all weapons!"

"Yes, my lord"

The tactic worked. The ship tilted into a steady roll movement with guns blazing at the Alliance ships. The timing had been just right as the ship could fire freely around it. All Dominion ships were behind Alliance ships, engaging them form the other side. It was rather impressive how the huge ship rolled while releasing tens of thousands of rounds at the Alliance. Actually, this tactic had been used before by Lord Tepe, during the Defence of Korriban. That time the ship managed to damage the Alliance fleet enought to force it to flee, but this time there were too many ships to attacks. It would have to do as much damage and then the rest of the fleet would take care of those who survived the barrage of shots fired at them. As the roll was coming to and end, the Lord retreated to his garden. He continued to watch from there the actions in space and on Ossus, this time throught the Force. Soon the Colonel joined him with more detailed reports on how the Dominion was doing

Archived