Home

Please don't do that (To the designers)

Compa_Mighty

Originally posted by Tie Guy

What? Tell them not to do what if they could.

I think he is talking about his green snow again ;)

The terrain type will probably varied..

Not in the Campaigns or Scenario's, but on certain map-types you're bound to have more diversity. It's simply too much graphics to create entire worlds as a backdrop, just so maps get filled with the same terrain-type.

Although Hoth and Bespin will probably be an exception, I think the programmers will take a certain amount of creative freedom in that. That's why it's a game..

Guest TS_Y0DA

The snow is green in the mini map in AOE because it is designed to improve visibility. For example stone is grey and is very hard to spot on the minimap if it is white.:)

Guest Tie Guy

What does the minimap really matter anyways. Green or white, it's not that important. The real map is what should be varied.

Welcome, TS_Yoda.

All sorts of green register as one color green on the mini-map. Most people watch the mini-map for two reasons: unit-placement (and those show in your civ-color in the map) and resources (which will stand out as well). So there's no problem i guess.. Watch the screenshots closely and you'll see that the terrain is actually shaping up very nicely.

Guest Tie Guy

I only use the mini map to move the camera around on the real map. Anyways, the terrain does look very nice, and very varried.

What does the minimap really matter anyways. Green or white, it's not that important. The real map is what should be varied.

Yeah as long as the actual snowy ground isn't green or yellow :) , I could care less

Originally posted by Compa_Mighty

So you don't like it Kvan?

Well.....actually, I've never played it with a green snow, so I couldn't tell you for sure. But it doesn't seem all that big of deal. I can kind of see that it might take away from the "atmosphere" of the game, but nothing too major.

If I ever would play it again, I could be completely wrong I might dislike it as much as you! ;)

Guest Tie Guy

Maybe it's just my personality or something, but seeing something that blatently unrealistic in a realistic looking game would really annoy me alot. I hopre it ain't that way, and i seriously doubt it is.

Maybe it's just my personality or something, but seeing something that blatently unrealistic in a realistic looking game would really annoy me alot. I hopre it ain't that way, and i seriously doubt it is.

It's just the mini-map right? Not the actual game?

The only time i cared about how terrain looked, was in Tiberian Sun. They had created these Sarlacc-like monsters that would 'infect' terrain around them. It seemed like a cheap way to add something new to the engine, and besides it being frustrating, it also looked plain stupid with orange strands going over the battlefield. Thank goodness Star Wars has a 'real world' feel..

Guest Tie Guy

Oh, those were tiberian roots, and they attacked your stuff. However, they were needed to make the chemical missles, and i didn't think that they were that cheesy.

Anyways, I was talking about how i don't really care about the minimap as long as the terrain looks good. I dind't say that the terrain had green snow.

Exactly!!! That's what I think. Green snow in the minimap feels unrealistic.

Originally posted by Compa_Mighty

Exactly!!! That's what I think. Green snow in the minimap feels unrealistic.

Compa, have you emailed them telling them this? If not you should! If they were going to color it maybe an off-white would have been a better choice?

Archived