Home

Casting Call ~ Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith Rewrite

Shana

Ok many of you will say "Oh my god, why do this?", well I feel that Episode 3 was weak in some spots, maybe because of film time they had to be cut short and all but I've had this urge to maybe change it to something else. Ask yourselves, who among you laughed in the scene were Darth Vader yells "NO!!!!!"? If you didn't then you're part of the happy few and if you did laugh then you're one of the...many.

So basically I need some courageous people to try this and I need some roles to be filled first:

Anakin Skywalker (Me because I'm also doing Padme)

Obi-Wan Kenobi

Count Dooku

Palpatine/Sidious

Mace Windu

Bail Organna

Jar Jar Binks (yes as annoying as you can be with him the better and truer)

General Grievous

and all others you might think of but now come one character that requires effort from a studied and great RPer:

YODA

Why? because Yoda must sound, move, think and act as closely as the way we have come to love about him.

Now, I don't make the story entirely on my own, you can insert stuff that you would like to have seen and we can discuss it here, also if you feel that this will go nowhere, then also let me know, feedback is always a good thing being good or bad, just don't flame if you can :D

Original Characters are also a posibility but try going for prefab characters first please. :D

Heh... alright, I'll go for Yoda... I mean... *clears throat* Go for Yoda, I will!

It's rare for me to play a guy, but this is an interesting challenge... besides, "Man? Man, I am not! Small, green, alien, man, I am!" So, yeah. Sounds like a fun challenge :)

Yes you can request Obi-Wan Terracentral but since Obi-Wan is so involved in the story I need you around a lot. And very good Grace, Yoda is yours.

About the plot points, we can discuss that here and so long as they don't deviate from the original concept then you can go ahead.

The only question is that how far are we going to go with the rewriting? Cna we change battle places, the generals sent or just otherwise take notice of things that the characters didn't see in the movies. It's hard to follow the movie plot at all when you know what will happen and when not knowing exactly what happened in between of scenes.

Also, are we going to see a Jedi Purge at the end or is it completely up to us?

Well we are writing it so it doesn't have to be following the movie, we can change battle places and everything but the general idea must remain, there are inescapeable events like the jedi purge and the council's confrontation with Palpatine when they discover him as Sidious also the confrontation between Obi-Wan and Grievous I don't know what you guys think but I feel must stay to build up Anakin's resentment but we can definately add or chage it if you guys feel like it.

Since all my first choices are taken, I'll go for another not one the list: Kit Fisto :)

He's a bit like me, an eccentric nature with a warm sense of humor. He seems to have a major role and one of the most respected Jedi during the Clone Wars.

Should we decide how are we going to do this so we can start this RP up? And by that I mean should we rewrite the whole thing and be able to alter the course of history, disregarding the Original Trilogy, or should we just be confined by the OT in the major things while being able to do some little things different?

I propose a vote as Miracle hasn't done so yet :p

Also, I'll try to push Flamehart into taking one of the free major characters

yes and make less-prominent characters stand out (Prodominantly Kit Fisto :) )

Not really changing history but adding in the details that were neglected by the big-screen movie, but then again the movie missed a few things, I read that in the novellization of Episode three, My character Kit was decapitated after a slightly longer engagement with Palpatine instead of Block-block then slash through the stomach, poor guy... they made him look like a novice in that movie, he was one of the only Shii-Cho masters :(

I at least vote for forgetting OT to some extent. In that I mean we can persuade Anakin into staying on the light side, even if Palpatine can still continue the Purge of the Jedi Order with the clones or something to that extent. For one I don't want that Windu is betrayed so easily. At least he can make some resistance against Skywalker if he turns to the Dark Side in the end of the RP

Well, It's great to see that everyone raced to the prominent roles, but I think we need to focus on the Jedi and their roles in the Clone Wars, mainly the masters; Saesee Tiin, Agen Kolar, Mace Windu, Kit Fisto, Ki-Adi-Mundi and many others who fought in the clone wars.

Things like these would only make the movies ridiculously long, we're not working on a restricted time here and alot happend that wasn't mentioned.

Well we are working from the point where Episode 3 begins so the clone wars happened , we can't change them otherwise we'd have to start from Episode 2's ending disregarding the whole clone wars but we would deviate from the concept and there have been lots of Clone wars rps now. We can only focus in the battle of mygeeto with Ki-Adi, Felussia or w/e it was called where Ayla Secura went and the others. but yeah we can give council members a more important role, so if anyone wants to have two characters to make this work you can state who you want and also seems that everyone wants to disregard the OT so we'll work in the alternative where Anakin doesn't fall to the dark side but the purge will happen anyway. How does that sound?

seems that everyone wants to disregard the OT so we'll work in the alternative where Anakin doesn't fall to the dark side but the purge will happen anyway. How does that sound?

That sounds good Miracle. But then there will be no Vader. Oh well

Perhaps Anakin falls in another fashion, I feel that the movie's ending was a little crappy in that fact.

Try my version, leads to the same ending:

Instead of Mace Windu going to arrest palpatine when he did and Anakin coming to stop him, make it that Palpatine doesn't reveal himself just yet, tells anakin that his scouts have discovered the location of the separatist base (On Mustafar) and orders him to destroy their leadership and execute all of those responsible for the war, Anakin resists but does not disobey a direct order from the Chancellor and goes. Padme grows worried that he's been acting strange lately (With the visions of her death) and discovers him there with Obi-Wan at her side. At this point, after killing the separatist leadership the Darkside begins to influence him and all his doubts of the council, Obi-Wan and their doubts of his friend the Chancellor combine and he force-chokes his wife after accusing Obi-Wan of turning her against him. Afterwards that is when the still-unrevealled Sidious senses the battle and finds Anakin beside the molten river without an arm and legs, burned alover.

After they transform him into the black suit we all know, he pledges his loyalty to Sideous as he finally tells him who he really is, finally ordering Anakin to attack the Jedi Temple and executing Order 66... after that, Mace Windu and the others come to kill Palpatine for the massacre at the Jedi Temple and the Jedi being hunted down, not arresting him as they already see him as far too great a threat. Instead Anakin is the one that fights the Jedi as Sideous battle Mace Windu, giving him the twisted face from his own force-lightning. Anakin kills the other Jedi including my character Kit Fisto then attacks Mace Windu, who I belive should've had a better chance and they fight, not just Anakin somehow catching a Jedi Master off guard and slicing off his hands, though he does kill him in the end.

overall it has the same ending, just a little more intense...

It's an interesting idea but I would go more with BKK for storytelling purposes otherwise we would have to rely on too much movie material and we already got a lot of that as it is. But for the start of it I need someone to play Grievous and Dooku since we start at the chancellor's kidnapp as it was were the Clone Wars cartoon ended.

Archived