Home

thinking about doing a hard version of the game

Canderous_ordo1

I have heard some people claim they have beaten the entire game with blasters. Personally I do not know if you can beat Malak with blasters while he is wailing on you with his lightsaber. I beat most of my game with Force Powers alone, so it might not be that hard.

I would advise getting the defensive Force Powers first and grabbing the big offensive Powers a little later if you are going to drop the defense a saber adds. Put all your points or at least most of them into Dexterity and Wisdom and put points into Treat Injury since you will be using the majority of your Force pool for offense and defense.

Shouldnt this thread be in the Holowan Laboratories forum?

I don't think so, since it's not related to modding.

Edit: Blast, beaten to it by Arátoeldar. :p

On topic: It's doable and might be a little more challenging, but would be nowhere nearly as fun IMO. Lightsabers are just too cool not to use. :p

If you're going to do it, though, be sure to put no points at all into Strength (not much point since you won't be using a melee weapon). Investing a lot of points in Dexterity is essential since you're using blasters, and some Constitution since you'll be in for more prolonged fights (as a result of blasters doing less damage). I'd also recommend not being a Jedi Guardian since the Force Jump ability can't do anything without a lightsaber.

Investing in stunning or paralysis Force powers is important, since Dark Jedi won't be able to deflect any blaster fire while they're stunned. If you take your first class as Scoundrel, the Sneak Attack feats will also allow you to do a ton of extra damage when you attack a stunned opponent.

For Jedi classes either one could work. Sentinels will compensate for the lack of hit points you have as a Scoundrel since they get more and make you harder to stun, though being a Consular would give you extra Force powers (especially useful in this case).

Archived