Home

Did the Sith Have a Role In Creating the HK Series?

SilentScope001

Old Sith Wars

4,015 BBY — The Great Droid Revolution

4,002 BBY — The destruction of Ambria

4,000-3,996 BBY — The Great Sith War, First Sith War, or Exar Kun War

The Beast Wars of Onderon

3,998 -- The Freedon Nadd Uprising or Naddist Revolt

3,996 BBY -- The Krath Holy Crusade

3,995-3,993 BBY — The Great Hunt

The Cleansing of the Nine Houses

3,965-3,960 BBY — The Mandalorian Wars

3,959-3,956 BBY — The Jedi Civil War, Second Sith War, or War of the Star Forge

3,955-3,951 BBY — The Sith Civil War (and the Great Jedi Purge)

Speculation 1: All the Wars underneath the "Old Sith Wars" header has something to do with the Old Sith. (For example, the Great Sith War was caused by Sith, the Mandalorian Wars was inspired by a suggestion by the Sith, the Jedi Civl War started by Sith, Great Jedi Purge was done by Sith, etc.) Otherwise, why would they call them "Old Sith Wars".

Problem: The Great Droid Revolution.

Droids wanted freedom, so they rebelled. They were led by HK-01, who wanted to take over the galaxy. During this time, the Jedi came up with the LS Force Power of destroying Droids. HK-01 is destroyed, but the protoype was used to create better models of the HK series...including HK-47. Oh, and the budding Droid Civil Rights Movement is destroyed. (Man, I really wanted T3-M4 to run for Republic Senate. I would vote for him.)

But, what's does this random Revolution has anything to do with the Sith? It's the first event that signaled the Begining of the Whole "Old Sith Wars" for crying out loud. This means that something is up, and that the Sith must therefore be responsible for this Revolution. But how? Why?

In the HK factory reconstructed mod, HK-49 told me that Nilhuis was using HK assassin droids, and Goto in turn was also. That's a connection- a sith lord using droids when any other allies do not have as much loyalty as a well programmed and efficient droid.

Well, from the Revan Era KotOR comics we know that early HK series are serving The ancient race of Arkanians. Given the technological superiority of these guys I won't be surprised if Revan actually Modify an Arkanian design to become HK47. Or even, he commissioned a special custom droid.

In the HK factory reconstructed mod, HK-49 told me that Nilhuis was using HK assassin droids, and Goto in turn was also. That's a connection- a sith lord using droids when any other allies do not have as much loyalty as a well programmed and efficient droid.

Oh, a note. HK-49 doesn't exist. It's not even cut content. It is just fan ficition content made to spruce up that mod. So, I don't really think that information would be useful at all. Sorry.

The whole "Old Sith Wars" was started when Exar Kun turned to the dark side. I think it was due to him the Sith reemerged from the shadows, and his influence lasted for many decades. I don't think the Great Droid Revolution was the Sith's doing. One thing of notice, though, is that Czerka Corp. had a role in HK-01's creation, and as we all know, allied themselves with the Sith in the Second Sith War. But there's no evidence that they were working with the Sith before that.

Possibly not directly, but if Czerka Corp. had any involvements with HK droids, and Revan owned HK-47, plus, the HK series droid seemed like a new model for the Republics (remember that engineer log on the Harbinger, where he says that he has no idea of whom commissioned them, making it look like he never saw one.), then possibly the Sith had their part on the creation of 47. Willingly or not.

Czerka Corp. created the HK line on "proticol" droids in their bid to become a bigger mega corporation than any the galaxy has seen. The droids were given programming that allowed them to speak a great varrity of tongues, but (as we all know) the real purpose was to get other companies sunk and advance their own adgenda. {NOTE: This is from what I remember from the New Essential Guide to Droids, so I may not be completely right here.} Hk-01 was alot like IG-88A, B, C, and D who were also out to conquer the galaxy with another droid revolution. (Source. Tales of the Bounty Hunters.) The Great Droid Revolution was one of the random wars, like the Yinchorri incident, the Stark Hyperspace War, (not to be confused with the Great Hyperspace War) and the Kanz Disorders. The Great Sith War got its start after Onderon was discovered along with the Sith magic Nadd and his decendants employed. Nadd's ghost than guided Kun down the Sith path and Ragnos's ghost proclaimed that now "becuase of you the Sith will never die, for this you have earned the title of Dark Lord of the Sith." All the later Sith related wars were perpetuated by fallowers of Kun's ideal of a new Sith Golden age, though unlike their predicessors they never ruled the Sith species. I don't think the the HK droids were well distributed amungst the military and lower classes, which would explain why none of the nobodies seem to know who they are in KotOr one and two. Argument closed.

• 2 weeks later...

They were made by Czerka Corp., however Sith know a good thing when they see it ( like Revan) and considering that Czerka Corp. is pretty much evil I'm betting bad guys , like the Sith, got access to them first way before the Republic got to even know they exist. Sith like Revan personalized them to fit their needs .Example: Revan liked how HK-47 called Malak a 'meatbag' so Revan fixed the droid to say it more often.So for having meatbag in our Star Wars vocabulary we have Revan to thank but the Sith did not create them, maybe endorsed them like with credits or something but they were thought up by Czerka. Like Ben says it's in the book and actually it was never said in the games that they were made by Sith just heavily used by them ,cause when you think about it if the Sith are looking for new stuff they would probably ask Czerka what they have and being Czerka they would give it to them first.

Archived