Home

Tutorial Requested

Illuminatus

Hey, I'd really like to see a tutorial of how to script an offensive targeted force power. I'm a do-it-yourself type guy, from stunt lightsabers to cars, so if anyone has a tutorial they'd like to share or someone who would write me one, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks,

-Illuminatus

EDIT: So over 47 people have read this and nobody wants to help???

• 4 weeks later...
So over 47 people have read this and nobody wants to help???

No one here is obligated, paid, driven, compensated, or has any non-altruistic reason to help you. You should be grateful that you've gotten responses in your previous several dozen help threads. :)

On topic: If you looked in the scripting tutorial section of Holowan you might have found what you were looking for.

Number one, thank you, DDD for the useful tip. That was very helpful. Number two, Emperor Devon, I am not demanding help. I'm merely commenting on the lack of replies, and I have posted a total of four help threads. Exaggerating only makes you look stupid. Third, I have looked in the Scripting situation of holowan. That's the first place I looked, and you should be utterly ashamed of yourself for posing such an absurd suggestion. I am not some hopeless newbie, I am a rather accomplished modder in terms of reskinning, modeling and sound editing, looking to expand my horizons.

Mama Jae sez: Don't make me get out my fire extinguisher for flaming/flame-baiting in this thread.... ;)

Tone it down, please, Illuminatus and Emperor Devon.

EDIT: So over 47 people have read this and nobody wants to help???

Unfortunately, though you say it's just commenting on lack of replies, it's not coming across that way to others. It's coming across as you _expecting_ people to reply and you're surpised they aren't. and now it's like you're almost chastising them for not replying, whether you intend it that way or not. It actually makes people not want to post replies to you. In fact, if you're complaining that they're viewing without responding, in your next thread they must might decide not to view your thread at all in order to avoid that.

There are lots of reasons why people stop in a thread but don't reply--maybe they thought they could help but realized after reading your post that they couldn't after all. Maybe one of their friends posted and they wanted to read it. Maybe they have a question just like yours and want to see what answers others will come up with. All threads have more views than posts--sometimes the ratio of views per post is extremely high.

I wish to add to this that calling other members "stupid" will also not be tolerated, any name calling is flaming. Just adding some clairification to Jae's post. ;) -RH

Hey Illuminatus. I've got something that'll help you out with your force scripting if you don't have it already.

I know a little bit about the variables and whatnot... but I'm still learning myself. You also need to make a new dialog.tlk entry as well as a Spells.2da entry. I know how to do those two things easy... but the scripting thing is harder... and I'm still learning. Still if you want something to help you with your scripting... just PM me.

Weave- thanks a lot, I'd appreciate it. Where are you learning about this? The NWN lexicon was recommended in the friendly force tutorial, but really seems to be more of a "Quick-look-it-up" thing rather than a way to learn about scripting. As for the Dialogue.tlk hmmm. I'll have to look at that.

Archived