Home

[FIC] A Hero's Journey

Yes, the sequel is here! ....

... The sequel to The Second Coming of Evil that is, in case you didn't know.

Anyway, some characters will return, others will be introduced and etc, etc...

This is the first chapter, and the only chapter I've written so far I might add, to the next installment. I'm not sure if it will be as long as the first, but yeah .. if I ever say it won't be, theres a big chance that it will be.

Anyways, here it is! Hope you all enjoy :D

- CHAPTER 1 -

A memory was all it was now. A fleeting sentiment of: excitement, fear and adrenaline. Nevertheless, it was to stick with him for the rest of his life. It had been ten years since he last saw them all, together. Ten years it had been when he, himself had been scarred; not just emotionally, but mentally as well.

Ten years ago, the Galaxy was in a state of turmoil, even though it, itself, did not know it. A strike was ready, the army forged. But in one - just one - stroke of heroism, bravery and justice, all that, was brought to an abrupt end. Friends: were lost. Teachings: forgotten, and all that he had fought to save was nearly destroyed ...

Nom Kavar was going onto his twenty-eighth year of age, his tenth year of being a Jedi Knight. He had settled down on Dantooine as best as he could. He had restored the Jedi Enclave to its former glory and he had built a family of his own. He had an Enclave full of students, willing to learn from him what he has learned from all these years. Students: who were loyal to the Order, and most importantly, themselves. For Nom did not tell them everything that they needed to know but let them learn themselves. He decided that this was the best way to show them just what it meant to be a Jedi.

However, the students were not just his family. No, he had a family of his own: A wife and son. His wife, Ariel had given birth to their first son just only one year ago. They named him, Thorin. In memory of Nom’s long lost friend who had died in a freak mining accident, back on Nom’s home planet of Alzuria. Nom had never really been able to get over the feeling of seeing the flames rising up from the mines as he desperately tried to rescue his friend, and it burned his eyes every time he thought about it.

But he knew that if he were to lead an Academy, he would have to put those feelings aside.

He was happy now. Happier than what he had ever been in his entire life. To look into the small, bright brown eyes of his son, my eyes, he thought, and to hold his wife in his arms was the most joyous thing a person could ever feel.

As he sat in the main chambers of the Jedi Masters, his eyes fleeted to the sky above him. He senses started to tingle and his brow creased in confusion. What’s going on? He thought, as he sat there. I can feel it. Something is not right.

Dark, heavy clouds started to roll over the Academy and his sense of confusion started to erupt into a great surge of danger. He ran out from the Chambers, tore through the Academy’s halls, and did not stop until he was standing out in the middle of the grounds, watching the sudden storm approach closer.

A light spatter of rain fell from high above and started to cover the earth around him. Nom looked from the Academy and then into the direction of his house, which lay situated only another one hundred meters from where he was standing. His wife had come out of the house to stand in the front garden to marvel at just how quick this storm had formed.

She was not a Jedi, but Ariel was still able to sense danger before it had even came to be. She looked over at Nom and pointed towards the dark clouds, and through the gale of which was starting to rage, he heard her words calling, “This is not a normal storm! Something is different about it."

Nom frowned. His wife had a thorough knowledge of the weather terms and other such things, but he never had any time to learn what she knew. However, this, as Ariel had just said, this is different, and in itself, not good.

All of a sudden, a great flash of light streaked across the sky in a brilliant display of power and majesty, but also in turn, bringing with it, a supersonic blast of sound that erupted itself within Nom’s eardrums: making him cover his ears as he ran to his wife.

“Ariel, hurry, get inside!” he called to her. “Make sure that Thorin is safe!”

At his words, Ariel turned and sped back into the house. Then he heard it. A sudden blast of such intensity, he first brought his hands back up to his ears but as he listened, he noticed that it was not in fact thunder, but it was a set of engines from a large ship that had landed right in front of the Academy.

He stared: amazed by the vast expanse of the ships size. It spanned the entire grounds. It was the colour of a faint blue-grey and it was surrounded by a swirl of gust and lightning,

Then everything was quiet.

Nom could hear a faint ringing in his ears from the sudden change of noise level. However, he took no notice of that as he saw the great loading ramp expand from the side of the ship and touch down heavily upon the damp grass. A tall figure walked down the ramp and stood facing him. The figure was hooded and cloaked, but Nom had not mistaken that poise.

He lit his lightsaber, creating a snap-hiss sound and prepared to lunge forward.

But the figure took no notice of him and turned: Walking straight into the entrance of the Academy itself.

Nom switched off his lightsaber and tore towards the Academy. He let his feet guide him as he twirled through the hallways and classrooms, until finally, he reached the room in which he was sitting before he even heard the storm.

However, this sight was much different.

The figure sat in the middle of the room, a fire blazing in front of him.

Nom gasped. The man had taken off his cloak and cast it aside: allowing Nom to stand there, horror stricken, looking into the face of his dead friend, Thorin.

“Thorin?” he breathed, not able to take his eyes off him.

“Yes, it is me.” Thorin smiled. “Come. Sit” He gestured to the space of ground next to him.

Nom hesitated. “Your dead.”

Thorin looked uncomfortable for a second then replied, “Yeah, well, I was hoping you wouldn’t notice.”

“But …” Nom was struggling to find the words. “How?”

“Never mind about that.” Said Thorin, waving his hand. “Sit.” He repeated.

This time Nom walked slowly over and sat down by his old, and once thought, dead friend.

“So, Nom,” began Thorin, “twenty years have passed since we last seen each. How have you been?”

Nom eyed Thorin suspiciously. “Thorin, what is going on? I thought you died that day in the mines!”

Thorin looked at Nom, and then stared down at the ground. “What you have to understand Nom is that not all good people are good in nature. We – I – had to get out of there. If I could have taken you, I would have, you know that. But it was dangerous where I was going, and only the strongest would have been able to survive.”

“Where did you go?” asked Nom.

Thorin looked back up at Nom and said quietly, “Korriban.”

Taken aback, Nom said, “Why? You could not use the Force, could you?”

Thorin nodded, “I could, and can. I didn’t sense that you could either so that’s why I didn’t get you to come with me. It was a cruel joke I played on you old friend, I know that.”

“So, your Sith?” spat Nom as he stood to his feet.

Thorin held up his hands, “No. I am not Sith,” he said. “As soon as I could, I escaped from that blasted planet. Power was one thing, but how they used it, was something else. I didn’t want anything to do with that. I gathered my closest friends I had there and discussed my intentions with them. I thought they would betray me, tell the masters of what I was doing, but they did not. In fact, they agreed with the idea and we all left Korriban that very night.”

“I have known for quite some time that some of the Dark Jedi that are left have been stirring in those halls of theirs on Korriban, but I did not know of their intent. Apart from wiping out the rest of the Jedi and myself included, of course. How many followers of the dark side have been gathered, do you know?”

“We have spies amongst the order that send us reports every six months," replied Thorin. "More and more students are arriving every day. And there is something else you must know,” his face grew stern and he looked Nom straight in the eye. “Ten years ago, a person of incredible strength approached the academy. He did it quietly: none f the students even realized he was there until it was too late. He took control of the academy. He told the students that, even though they were fools to think themselves worthy to follow his religion, he could still sense the power, the potential, that all of them held inside themselves.”

“It cannot be,” said Nom, his eyes widening. “Ten years ago you say. Tell me Thorin, what does he look like?”

“He is tall,” replied Thorin, “possibly the same height as the boss from the mining complex back on Alzuria. He is bald, and his eyes … his eyes are the palest white possible. It is a picture of a monster. He is not human.”

“How?” Nom whispered to himself.

“How what?” asked Thorin, “Nom, what do you know?”

“Ten years ago he went to Korriban you said. I do not know how, for I thought, that he was dead. He has to be dead. I killed him!”

“Nom, who are you talking about?” said Thorin.

“The boss of the mining complex of Alzuria,” replied Nom. “He was, I mean is, the leader of the True Sith. He has hidden out in the Unknown Regions, on Alzuria for years, gaining power. However, ten years ago, Revan and I, accompanied by the galaxy’s most prized defenders staged an attack against this threat to the Republic. And it seemed that we won because I, myself, drove a lightsaber straight through the center of his chest. I saw the light leave his eyes, Thorin! Nobody could have survived that.”

“Well, he did,” said Thorin, “and that is probably why he is so annoyed at the galaxy.” Thorin smirked. “Nice work. But I fear that that may have doomed us all. He has gathered an army on Korriban and soon he will take down the Republic: One planet at a time. We cannot let that happen my friend.”

“Why can’t any of these bad guys think of anything else other than about taking over the galaxy?” said Nom, shaking his head.

Thorin laughed, “That’s why this ‘bad guy’ is so much more different than all the others. He wants to destroy the galaxy, not take control of it.”

“No, no. Bring your lightsaber up a bit more. That’s it!”

Revan walked proudly amongst his students in the training hall of the Jedi Temple of Coruscant. It was ten years after him and the rest of his companions had destroyed the threat of the True Sith and everything had taken a turn for the best ever since then.

Along with himself teaching at the academy were: Atton and Mira, and also Jorn Kidra, Kyp Night and a female Twiliek named Siek Ta’ril. While Bastila was gone, they had the responsibility of sustaining the Order. And Revan had to admit, they had done a very good job.

Even though he was getting on in age, Revan tried to push that to the back of is mind everyday. He wasn’t that old anyway.

There was a knock at the doorway so Revan turned to see what needed his attention.

It was Mira.

“Master,” she said, “we have a message coming through from one called Nom Kavar. Perhaps you know him?”

Revan smiled. “Tell him I’ll be right there.”

Mira nodded, turned, and walked briskly down the corridor and turned out of sight.

“That is the end of today’s lesson,” said Revan loudly to the younglings that surrounded him. “Proceed back to your dormitories and meditate on what you have learnt. I know, I know,” he added smiling as there was a couple of sighs, “I know that meditation can not be one of the most fun things to do sometimes, but it is necessary if you are to be a true servant of the light. Now, go.” They walked silently passed him but burst into chatter as they entered the hallway.

He smiled to himself. Nope, nothing could spoil his day today.

He proceeded down the hallway and walked into the communications center. Mira nodded to him as he reached her. “I’ll leave so you two can have some privacy.”

“Mira,” laughed Revan, “I give you permission to stop with the formalities.”

She sighed. “Now that’s some good news. I felt like I was going to combust if I had to act like that for one more second.”

Revan smiled as he activated the holocom and Nom’s image came up on the screen.

“Nom Kavar,” said Revan, “long time no see. How have you been?”

“I’ve been better,” replied Nom. “Listen Revan, no time to talk, we have a problem. A big problem.”

Revan’s smile faltered: So much for a good day.

Thanks , Topsite.

I didn't tell anybody about the sequel because I only just came up with an idea for it the other day. And hopefully it will be better then SCOE, least I've learnt a bit more about writing than what I knew when I first posted that Fic.

This chapter wasn't really edited all that well by the time I posted it up so I was pretty amazed that someone actually took the time to read all of the mamble-jamble of that which was my first chapter.

Started writing the second chapter already, should be up in a couple of days.

:D

Thank you for your replies, they are greatly appreciated.

@Bee Hoon: I was wondering if you would be able to point out the minor typo's for me? I have a knack of going over my work but still missing out on some errors. I just want to make this story as polished and complete as it can possibly be.

Thanks again.

Here is the second chapter. It is a little short because I had to cut a bit off because I just couldn't come up with anything to go on with. The next chapter should be better and longer though.

- CHAPTER 2 -

Ariel looked out of the window of the sitting room. She was right about that storm, or, whatever it was. Her husband spotted the tall man that had walked out of the ship and sped into the Academy after him.

“Please, let him be alright,”

Ariel had said this repeatedly after she had seen his heroic dash into the unknown. The ship was still there: sitting atop the grass like a giant beast, and leering down at Ariel as if she was its prey. She held little baby Thorin in her arms as tight as she were allowed without suffocating the poor thing.

No one was going to take him away from her. She would die protecting him.

Her eyes kept darting anxiously from the entrance of the Academy, to the loading ramp of the ship. Expecting someone to either tell her news of her husband, or try and steal her baby.

But as she went to turn away from the window, she had seen her husband walking out of the entrance of the Academy … with the man from the ship?

“What is going on here?” she asked herself, and automatically she heard a voice in the back of her head say, “well, you did marry a Jedi.

Nom saw Ariel waiting for him on the front step of their house. He smiled as he approached her.

“Darling, it is OK.” He assured her.

“Then who is he?” she asked, indicating to the tall stranger who was walking silently side-to-side with him.

Nom smiled, “this,” he said, “this is an old friend of mine. A person who I knew who used to work at the mines with me when I was a child.”

Thorin walked up to Ariel and held out his hand. “It is an honour to meet you.” He said.

Slowly, Ariel extended her hand so that Thorin could hold it and kiss it gently.

Blushing, she asked, “What is his name?”

“You big old smoothie,” said Nom before Thorin could answer. He took Ariel’s hand and slowly walked her towards the door. “I promise, I will explain everything later, OK.”

Ariel nodded. “Jedi business?” she asked.

Nom smiled. “Something like that.” He said.

She turned, embraced him in her arms and kissed him. “I love you.” She whispered.

“And I you,” replied Nom in the same tone of whisper.

She let go of him and retreated back inside to tend to baby Thorin. There is something he’s not telling me, she thought, I know it.

In the Council Chamber, atop the fourth and tallest spire of the Jedi Temple, Revan sat amongst the other Masters.

“I just received a message, from a very old friend of mine.” He said. Revan refrained from saying ‘ours’ because of the three masters who were not with them ten years ago. It wasn’t anything intentional; he just did want to stay here, wasting time, explaining what was occurring for no longer than what he had to. “Nom Kavar. He is the leader of the Jedi Academy on Dantooine, I am sure all of you have heard his name before, even if you have not met him before now.” Everybody in the room silently nodded their heads. “Right. Well, he explained to me that something, mildly disturbing has occurred.

“Ten years ago, some friends of mine joined myself on a small planet in the Unknown Regions called Alzuria. There, we fought the leader of the True Sith; there, we killed him … or so we thought.” He noticed through the Force a subtle flicker of confusion and trepidation emit itself from every person in the room, including himself. “Now, this is mildly disturbing for two reasons. One: I do not know he survived, because I, myself, saw Nom’s lightsaber blade go right through his chest, and second: how we have not sensed his presence after all of these years. Apparently, the leader of the True Sith cannot be defeated by just a simple strike through the heart with a lightsaber.

“He is evil, and powerful. I think it is safe to say that Jonas the Exile seems like a gizka compared to this vile creature.”

“Master Revan,” piped up Siek. “I do not believe that this is the time for such jokes.”

Revan turned to face Siek. “Neither do I, dear Siek. I was being serious, even though I don’t like to know that I was thank you for reminding me.”

“What do you plan to do?” asked Mira

Revan looked around the room. He had knew that this question was going to come up somewhere along the line. How could it not? And he had also given it a lot of thought.

He did not like the idea of facing Zharik again: The first time was enough.

Nevertheless, he had to do what needed to be done. He would have to travel to Korriban and try again. He knew that this sounded foolish and suicidal, but he had to try.

Revan looked around the room once again and said quietly, “I think, that it is time for me to take a little holiday.”

Revan stared out into the distance of that which was Coruscant. He watched the speeders pass him by, not taking any notice of the Jedi, not knowing about the terrible force that was gathering on Korriban, not knowing that once again; their lives were at stake.

Revan sighed. What he would not give to be one of those people at this very moment. He was weary; his mind was aching and his heart longing. He did not know that he was standing in the exact same position where Bastila once stood, but he could feel her presence. Not a physical presence, not even one through the Force, he just knew that she was there with him, standing by his side holding onto his hand whilst he try and figure out what must be done. He knew that there was going to be trials ahead, perhaps the biggest trial that he had ever undertaken in his life. The Mandalorian Wars, leading the Sith, fighting against Malak on the Star Forge: all of these seemed so insignificant at the moment. As weird as that must sound.

Nevertheless, he knew in himself that he needed to be strong, not just for his life, but also for the lives of every single person in this entire galaxy.

“I wonder if I will be remembered in the years to come,” he said to himself quietly. “Will the people of this galaxy in a thousand years turn and say, ‘remember Revan?’ or ‘Ever heard of Revan?’”

“If that’s not egotistical, I don’t know what is,” smirked a voice behind him.

Revan whipped around and saw Mira standing in the doorway of his room. He blushed, “I didn’t know anyone was standing there,” he said, “and if you tell anyone about what I just said …”

Mira laughed, “what will you do? Punish me? I thought that wasn’t the way of the Jedi.”

Revan looked away trying to conceal is embarrassment.

“Cheer up, Revan,” said Mira, “and relax, I won’t tell anyone, OK. Anyway, I came here to tell you that I just spoke with Carth. He said, even though he is getting too old for this, he still thinks that he could do with some exercise so he’s coming along. He should be here in a few days.”

“So, how is it going between you two?” asked Revan

“Depends on what you mean by that, Master,”

Revan smirked. “You know what I mean,”

Mira sighed. “I don’t know exactly. We’ve grown apart over these past few years. I don’t think anything could happen even if I wanted it too,” said Mira

“Meaning, you don’t have the feelings for him what you had before, now.”

“Correct.”

“Disappointing. I think that we all will need something or someone to hold on to before all of this is at an end,” replied Revan.

“Come,” said Mira, “we should start to get ready for our journey. And someone needs to tell the younglings what is happening.”

“Have Atton tell them,” said Revan. “Just tell him not to spill all of the details.”

“Will do.”

Mira retreated back into the corridor and Revan turned back to the viewport overlooking the city.

“Well,” he said, “our whole lives we try and find that one event that will decide our fate,” he took a deep, steady breath. “I think I’ve just found mine.”

“Where did you get this ship anyway?” asked Nom as he and Thorin entered the bridge of the ship that Thorin arrived in. It was called, Beauty’s Veil. Nom looked around. The bridge, he suspected, had to be nearly the same size as his house alone. A large viewport stood in front of them: revealing the grassy plains of Dantooine, and Khoonda Station in the far distance.

Nom had to quickly travel to Khoonda to tell the Administration office that there was no need to worry about the unexpected arrival of the large ship, and that it would not be staying for long.

“Complements of the planet of Korriban,” answered Thorin. “When we escaped we commandeered this vessel.”

Nom quickly noticed that even though they were in a ship that could at least hold a crew of hundreds, there were only a few.

“This,” said Thorin, indicating to a beautiful young woman who had flowing golden hair and sparkling green eyes, “is Captain Elise Addaure. She was my closest friend at the Sith Academy.”

“How do you do?” said Nom greeting her with a firm handshake.

“I’m well,” she replied smiling gently. “This is my crew,” she said, waving her hand to the direction of a group of thirty people, “we are at your command.”

Nom looked to Thorin, “Why?” he asked.

“Why, what?”

“Why do you place them under my command when this is your ship?”

“Our ship,” corrected Thorin, “and I am not in command. Elise is the commander and I go where she wishes me to go. What?” he added as he seen Nom smirking at him.

“You,” he said, “listen to you. I never would have thought that you would have taken orders from anyone once you escaped Alzuria.”

“Things change,” he said quietly.

Nom nodded, “Indeed, they do.” He gestured to the rest of the ship, “is she fit for battle?”

Captain Elise nodded, “yes,” she said. “We have connections in the outer rim that helps keep our weapons and defences in check, and our Hyperdrive is close to state of the art in speed and reliability.”

“Very good,” said Nom. “I have already relayed a message to Master Revan of Coruscant. He and his companions should be here within the week. But now I must ask you … what do you plan to do?”

“We will follow you down your path to wherever it takes us,” replied Captain Elise.

“Even back to Korriban?” asked Nom.

Elise nodded, “we have discussed the consequences we may face if we go back there. And my crew and I are willing to face them if that is what happens. We are not cowards.”

“I hoped as much,” said Nom. “I welcome your help, but know this: if you ever want to leave, if the danger of what we have to face overcomes you and you cannot linger any more, then go. I will not hold yours against you.”

“That will not happen,” assured Thorin.

Nom nodded once again. Hopefully this will be the last time he will face his fear of losing his family. Hopefully, he will be able to properly protect the Republic and kill Zharik. Hopefully …

• 1 month later...

- CHAPTER 3 –

Carth Onasi looked down at Coruscant from his personal cruiser, Death’s Escapee, and felt his heart leap. There, standing down on the landing platform was Mira and Revan. Also standing next to them was a tall Twiliek whom Carth had never met before.

He stood at the top of the loading ramp, and walked down it as it touched upon the platform. Grasping Revan’s hand and shaking it vigorously, Carth said, “Long time no see eh, Rev? What has it been? Two? Three years?”

“It has been a while, Carth,” agreed Revan as he and Carth shook hands.

Carth turned to Mira and hugged her. He didn’t even need the Force to feel the reluctance that emanated from her body.

“What’s wrong?” he asked.

“Nothing,” she replied, almost too quickly.

Noting to talk to her later, Carth turned to the last person in the group of his welcoming committee.

“I’m sorry, but I don’t know your name,” said Carth shaking her hand.

“I am known as Siek Ta’ril,” she replied.

“Nice to meet you, Siek,” said Carth.

“Likewise,” replied the Twiliek.

Carth turned back to Revan.

“Well,” he said, “what’s our first move?”

“Dantooine,” stated Revan. “Nom and some friends of his are waiting for us. Now Carth, we have faced Zharik before and I will admit this … I don’t entirely know if we can beat him for good. I died last time after all. I just want to make sure you know what you’re getting yourself into.”

“I know, Revan,” said Carth. “And thank you.”

“Right,” said Revan as a large grin spread across his face. “Good. Now, as we are all here, I will sort out some affairs and then we will go to Dantooine. In the meantime, however, Mira, can you show Carth to his quarters as I suspect that we will need as much rest as we possibly can before our ‘holiday’ is over.”

“What is that ship doing here?”

“Who was in that ship?”

“What’s going on, Master?”

Questions were shot at him in all different forms, directions and volumes as Nom stood in the very center of the courtyard of the Jedi Enclave.

“Students of the Enclave!” started Nom. “The ship and people of which you speak of are of no harm to us. They are friends of mine, but they do not plan to stay for long. They bring dark tidings and that is why I must go. The other Masters will be here for all of your enquires, and I do not plan to be away for long.”

“But what is going on, Master?” asked a student somewhere in the crowd.

“A terrible force has been gathering on Korriban once again,” said Nom, “and I plan to travel there to stop it once and for all before it can cause any harm to the Republic.”

“Why cannot we go?” said another voice, “We are ready!”

“No,” said Nom. “No, you are not. And I am almost afraid to know that I may not be ready either, but I must go.” He stared around at every single student that surrounded him. “You make me proud to be a Jedi and your teacher. I will leave tomorrow and I expect when I get back, that all of you will be deeply consumed in your studies.”

He stepped down and proceeded to walk through the halls until he reached his quarters.

“You didn’t tell them the whole story?” asked Thorin as he sped up to walk by the side of Nom.

“No,” replied Nom. “They are young and do not need such worries on their minds.”

“They are Jedi,” said Thorin. “I think it is safe to say that they can handle it.”

Nom smiled. “Maybe, maybe not. And it’s because of that ‘maybe not’ that I do not plan to tell them of Zharik’s plans.”

“Your decision,” said Thorin, “but I think it would be wise to have as many Jedi as possible. It will not be easy to infiltrate the academy without force.”

“If the time comes where we need the Jedi from this academy to come and fight by our sides, then I will send for them,” said Nom, “but I will not risk their lives unless there is absolutely no other way. That’s the end of it.”

Thorin nodded and continued to walk alongside Nom.

“I do not like this.”

“But I have to go.”

“Why you though?”

“It was what I chose when I decided to take my training, you must understand this. I will be, OK. I will come back; I will not allow Thorin to grow up without a father.”

Ariel was trying as best as she could to try and persuade her husband to stay on Dantooine and not go gallivanting around the Galaxy risking his life.

“Your too old for this!” she cried desperately

Nom put on a mock face of surprise and disappointment. “Me? Too old! … Your mean.”

Ariel, expecting to hear a more resentful retort from her husband, did a double take, and then smiled.

“I’m sorry, Nom,” she said, “but I just can’t help thinking that Thorin is going to grow up without someone who he can call a father … I don’t want that!

Nom Kavar walked steadily over to his wife and embraced her. “I will come back,” he whispered in her ear. “This I swear to you: An oath, if you will … I love you, Ariel and as much as I trust your judgement … I have to do this. I have to finish this once and for all!”

Ariel felt tears slowly fall down her face. She couldn’t stop them no matter how much she tried. What had happened to her? She used to be stronger than this.

Nom let go of his wife and looked deep into her eyes, seeing his own reflection: pure, strong … worried.

“I will come back,” he repeated.

“I promise,”

“It’s good to see you,” said Revan as he and Nom shook hands. “It’s been a while, my old friend.”

Nom smiled, “so it has, Master. I just wish it could have been on better circumstances,”

“As do we all,” said Carth as he stepped forward.

Nom extended his hand and they too, shook hands. “It’s good to see you again Carth.”

“Yes,” agreed Carth, smiling. But his expression quickly turned to one of solemness. “I am sorry to hear about Jolee,” he said.

“It was a sad day for the Galaxy the day he passed into the Force,” nodded Nom. “And surprising also, I thought that old man would surpass us all.”

Revan smiled. “Come, I do not think Jolee Bindo would have us standing around feeling sad about his death while there’s a Galaxy to be saved.”

“Speaking of that,” said Nom. He forgot about the people standing behind him.

“This is Thorin,” he said introducing his friend.

Revan’s eyes widened as he heard Thorin’s name and looked at the young man before him. “You grew quick,” he said curiously looking in between Nom and Thorin.

Nom laughed. “No, Revan. This is my friend Thorin, whom my son is named after. You know how I told you about my friend who I once thought to be dead, from an accident that happened at Alzuria when I was nine?”

Revan’s eyes widened even more as realization came to him. “Ah, yes. Now I remember. So, you’re dead, huh? I have to tell you … you’re looking pretty good for someone who’s dead. What’s your secret?”

Thorin smiled. “I never died, but went to Korriban to become a Sith … Which is something, I might add, I never went through with.” He added as Revan quirked an eyebrow and Carth began to look serious. “I am not a Jedi, but I am also not Sith. I use the light, and dark side of the Force I will admit, but in equal balance. I never, never, use the dark side if I do not have to.”

Revan seemed content but Carth stayed silent.

That night, the group of original companions from ten years ago were joined by the newer additions to their group. They were all sitting out the front of Nom’s house around a fire that blazed happily in front of them: The heat considerable comfort in the coolness of the breeze.

“We have to formulate a plan,” said Revan. “We cannot just walk into Korriban and expect not to be noticed.”

“What?” replied Carth, “we’ve done it before!”

“True,” said Revan, “but Uthar, the Academy Master, did not know who I was at the time did he?”

“Fact,” said Carth. “Well then … I say we waltz in their still, take care of Zharik while he is sleeping, then take care of the rest of the academy, one-by-one.”

“Hence why,” laughed Revan, “I will not ask you, what you want to do,”

“Thorin,” said Nom. “You were once a part of the Academy. Couldn’t you just -,”

“I have been gone for too long,” said Thorin before Nom could finish. “They will ask questions.”

“Well, answer them.” Said Revan. “If they ask where you’ve been, say you’ve been in search of an ancient power stored within something, somewhere, in the Galaxy. They’re Sith, they’ll believe you.”

“If I am to do this,” said Thorin, “We will need to find a way to get you all into the Academy without being noticed.”

“That,” said Revan, “need only be done once we have a clear and flawless shot at Zharik. We will find – or even make (which seems the most logical choice) – an entrance to which only we know about and when the time comes where you can get him alone … we will strike. I know that you will be in great danger,” added Revan, “and that if not all goes to plan, your life, along with ours, will be forfeit. You must understand that.”

Nom quickly thought back to when Revan was telling him the risks and hard trials of first becoming a Jedi back on Alzuria. He smiled: his old master had not changed one bit.

“ … And it is what I will take on board,” finished Thorin.

“Then it is decided,” said Revan. “The only question now is … when do all of you want to depart for Korriban?”

“As soon as possible,” said Captain Addaure. Revan nodded.

“Agreed,” the rest of the company replied.

“Tomorrow morning then,” said Revan. “I don’t know if all of us will survive this journey, and I don’t know if we will succeed, but if we fail … let’s take as many Sith down as we possibly can!”

Carth looked at Revan and laughed. “Always know the right thing to say, don’t you, Rev?”

• 1 month later...

This is just a short addition today. I'm trying to write as much as possible whenever I can but my life has just turned from calm and collective to screaming and utter 'what-the-hell-am-I-doing!?'

It's being a difficult thing, but I WILL, try and get this story completed.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CHAPTER 4

That night nothing was still. The tree’s that were spread amongst the plains of Dantooine blistered in the still air; a supernatural wind was blowing dreams into the minds of many.

The Companions were no different.

Revan stirred, and shivered. He did not know this, he did not know anything what was happening because his mind was occupied by dreams of screaming, violence and horror …

“Revan,” said Malak’s voice. “Are sure this is wise? The council sealed this doorway for a reason. If we proceed, we can not go back … ever,”

Revan ignored him and opened the door. Beyond was situated the source of power that he had felt in his own dreams; he had to have it.

The object stood menacingly amid the darkness of the hall, and Revan stared curiously at it before he started to walk towards it.

It opened up to reveal a small projection ball that revealed a map of the galaxy with the co-ordinates of four planets …

The scene was dissolved into a shroud of mist and when it subsided, Revan was standing on the bridge of his flagship. His lightsaber held ready in front of him.

“The Force fights with me!” said Bastila. “You cannot win, Revan.”

Revan went to crouch into a fighting stance but was blown forwards. He flew through the walls, into the reaches of Space until he crashed landed onto the hard stone floor of the Temple back on Alzuria.

He went to stand, but stopped as he heard a bitter scream of pain. His head flicked up and seen Bastila with a lightsaber being lunged through her as Jonas the Exile, laughed victoriously.

Jonas turned but when Revan looked into his face, it was not Jonas’s at all.

It was Zharik’s.

“You’re a fool, Revan,” he said quietly. “Don’t you think I am already prepared for you? If you come to Korriban, you will die … and this time, I will make sure there will be no chance to save you.”

He lunged forwards, and the last thing Revan saw was the blazing point of a lightsaber heading straight for his face …

“REVAN!” he heard Nom yelling. “Wake up!”

Revan flicked open his eyes and sat straight up. He could feel the sweat dripping off of him; he was shaking.

“What was it?” asked Nom. Revan noticed the he was surrounded by all the others of their group as well. All looking the same as Nom: confused and worried.

“Something that I do not wish to dream again,” replied Revan.

When Nom continued to look at him, Revan added, “It was Zharik. He knows that we’re going to Korriban to try and stop him.”

“So you are positive that that was truly him in your dream?” asked Nom.

“Yes,” replied Revan.

“So,” started Nom, “what do you want to do?”

Revan looked up at Nom and the others. He did not want to risk their lives if Zharik already knew.

“I will go alone,” said Revan. “Death has a natural talent in following me where I go and I do not want you all to follow me if it will only lead to your deaths.”

“Revan,” said Nom, “do you not remember what I said to you? I will follow you until this quest is done. It is not done so I have not fulfilled my promise … you cannot deny me from doing that.”

Revan smiled to himself.

“Nom’s right, Revan,” said Carth. “We are with you to the end.”

“Thorin,” said Revan.

Thorin looked surprised for a second but said, “yes?”

“Are you ready to go back to your old life?” asked Revan.

Thorin nodded. “I am,” he said.

Revan stood up. He was weary, yet his body did not ache and his mind was still. “Then let’s go,” he said.

Nom sat in the Starboard dormitory on the Ebon Hawk meditating peacefully. He put all of his worries aside; would he ever see his wife and little baby Thorin again? What would happen once they reached Korriban? Was he strong enough? Will he ever be strong enough?

These thoughts swirled around his head nearly every single minute of the day. But not now … now, his mind was calm and his breaths were long and full.

He sensed a presence at the entrance to the room and opened his eyes.

Thorin stood there looking apprehensive.

“Are you, OK?” asked Nom.

Thorin blinked, then smiled. “Yes,” he said, “I was just thinking what I would be doing once I arrived back at the Academy. It was a place where I never wanted to be again, but now I have no choice but to go there.”

He moved into the room and sat in front of Nom.

“Tell me something,” said Nom. “What have you been doing all of these years, after you left Korriban, where did you go?”

“Alderaan,” answered Thorin. “Elise and I wanted to start a life together and we thought that that would be the best place to start,”

Nom quirked up an eyebrow. “It does not seem you two are together,” he said.

Thorin shrugged. “Long story,” he said.

They sat there for a few moments as they felt Carth take the Ebon Hawk off into the sky and out into the silent void of Outer Space.

Suddenly, Thorin started to chuckle to himself.

“What?” smiled Nom.

“Oh, I was just thinking, … “ He paused, then said. “Back on Alderaan, I met a nice young woman who you would’ve liked … I’m glad I didn’t bring her along to meet you though, seen as though your married.”

“What’s so funny, though?” asked Nom as Thorin continued to chuckle.

“Well, I was just thinking about when I first seen her … It was in a cantina which was by a large lake – beautiful it was … anyway – I walked into the kitchens (I was starting my first day of working there, you see,) and when I walked in, Lorena wasn’t watching what she was doing and her dress somehow caught fire …”

Nom laughed, “let me guess … you threw her in the lake?”

“It seemed the right thing to do at the time,” shrugged Thorin.

“You really know how to show a girl a good time don’t you?” laughed Nom.

“It’s what I do,” nodded Thorin.

Carth walked out of the cockpit of the Ebon Hawk and proceeded into the Main Hold. Revan was sitting there alone, looking as if he was in deep thought.

“What’s on your mind, Revan?” he asked as he sat down beside the Master Jedi.

Revan looked at Carth then back down at the floor. “I’ve been having … dreams, I guess you can call them,” he paused for a moment, and then went on. “Of Malak and I when we first found out about the Star Forge. Of Bastila’s death, and of The Exile.”

“Why would you be dreaming of these things?” asked Carth.

“I’m not sure,” replied Revan. “They mean something, but what they mean, I don’t know. It’s to explain … I know they must be visions, but why the Force is showing me them is beyond me.”

“Perhaps,” started Carth. “If you look closer into these dreams, there may be clues on how to defeat not only Zharik, but the other demons that haunt you as well.”

Revan nodded, but he didn’t agree with Carth. There had to be some other reason.

‘The answer will come to you,’ said a soft voice in his ear.

He snapped his head upwards, and ignoring a slick stabbing pain in his neck, he whispered, “Bastila?”

Carth gave him a queried look. “Excuse me?”

Revan shook his head. “Nothing, Carth. Just, you know … hearing voices in my head, again.”

He stood up and walked away from Carth and proceeded into his dormitory.

“ … Just hearing voices, …” he said to himself.

Korriban was a desolate world; it was a world of death, of ash and of power.

The day journey between the Valley of the Dark Lords and the Academy was a tiring one, but it was expected if you were training to become a Sith.

Talina Vercet stumbled slightly to her goal.

The tombs.

Power.

Prestige.

Her mind raced when she turned a corner and saw with slight dismay at the sight of the tombs.

Crumbling rock and bone scattered the earth under her feet.

Corpses of hssiss and long dead Sith situated here and there and a stench – that she found was in between that of grime and sweat – which reached her nostrils.

She continued on for another half hour until she stood at the entranceway of the tomb of Ajunta Pall.

After a second of hesitance, she took a deep breath and entered.

• 5 months later...

Archived