Home

Star Wars: The Sith Resurrection Part IV: Alliances Divided

Alkonium

(This BBCode requires its accompanying plugin to work properly.)

A Jedi Shuttle veered through the Perlemian Trade Route, eager to return to Coruscant after an electromagnetic storm cut their investigation short. It sooned arrived at the Jedi Temple landing pad, where Komad Kaltas and his son Andros were waiting. The shuttle's passengers, Komad's daughter Kalla and her master Reyvan Skyrider stepped out. Komad immediately hugged his daughter, glad that she was safe. "Your mother and I were so worried about you, what happened out there?" He asked her.

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A caped man stepped through the doorway, his hood hanging over his rugged face. A hulking metal leviathan stepped after him, looking straight ahead. They continued into a small room, dimly lit, the smell of spice filling it.

A Rodian sat on a red chair, with a few Twi'Lek dancers, Ubese bodyguards, and a few other thugs.

"You! Rajax! You do what I asked, yes?" the Rodian exclaimed in Rodese, standing at the bounty hunter's arrival.

Cythor said nothing and reached into a pack attached to his belt, pulling out a silver necklace. It was bloodstained.

"Ah, you killed the spy? Yes, good! I hope your pet didn't do all the work."

Cythor said nothing, and his expression didn't change.

"Next, I want you to-"

The bounty hunter stopped him, grabbing the alien by the neck and lifting him off the ground. "Give me the coordinates, parasite."

His bodyguards raised their guns, and the HK Behemoth raised up and got ready to maul the bodyguards. The Rodian waved off his thugs.

"You get what you ask for. I no want trouble with the big, scary bounty hunter." the Rodian said, almost mocking the man. "We give you way to the Unknown Regions, but while you're there, we ask you to spy on Republic."

"I'm not a spy." Cythor said, throwing the alien against the wall, almost fracturing his spine.

"You get paid! You only need to check it out while you're there! There's nothing else to do, anyway!"

"Fine. Just stay out of my business from now on. Stop sending your assassins to get in my way." he said.

"How you know about them? Never mind, just take your coordinates." the Rodian said, holding up a datapad with a waypoint in the Outer Rim. Cythor took it and walked out, his droid following.

"You two worried about me? Get out of here," Kalla said, playfully mocking her parents constant concern for her welfare. Although it's something an average person would expect and appreciate, it clearly bugged her and gave her a feeling that they weren't confident in her abilities. Kalla took a deep breath before saying "Bad news paps, he's back..."

Master Reyvan, his thoughts previously on greeting his own bride, added, "Perhaps Alkéa is with him." He shared a knowing look with Komad. Alkéa always seemed to know where Master Starlighter, or Master Kenobi as was the name he was born with, was. He always thought that it had to do with the fact that both shared similar experiences of betrayal. Thinking of this, he added, "Usually she knows...unless she has been in the temple?"

Meditation was like a boat, a refuge, in the middle of the sea. It can levitate you and give you insight to what you may have overlooked. It was a preoccupation with the elderly Jedi sitting in the room that had been part of his home for the last sixteen or so years. Andros Onashi Starlighter or rather legally Andros Onashi Kenobi looked out the window from his meditation room at the sky. There were no stars to read but his gaze was drawn spaceward. Something was tugging at the back of his mind, a shadow that he had not felt for sixteen years. His head, elevated to the sky and his eyes closed as he concentrated on the tug. It hit him like a bolt as his green eyes shot open and alert. He muttered, "It can't be."

Cythor Rajax stood on the edge of a tall building, one of the many that surrounded the dome-like Jedi temple. He glanced down at the Jedi outside of the temple through a pair of binoculars, then pulled up his hood. The evening sun reflected off the temple, creating a magnificent array of light that blinded him from the Jedi he was probing.

His dog was there beside him, vigilant as ever.

"Those are the ones who just returned from the Outer Rim." he said, as the Jedi retreated into their temple. "They're most likely going back. Keep an eye on the temple, I'm going to go make our job easier."

The droid obeyed, jumping down from the structure, pouncing from ledge to ledge until it got to the ground. It started stalking through the allies, its glowing green eyes locked in the temple's direction.

Cythor also jumped down, but going straight towards the temple. He almost integrated himself with the shadows, his silhouette barely visible. He climbed to the top of the landing pad using a series of pipes and ledges until he stood in front of the ship. Reaching into his equipment belt, he pulled out a small probing device. It latched on in between two of the ship's turbines and activated. Cythor jumped back down from the pad as quickly as possible, drifting back into the shadows.

"We know he has an apartment near the Temple, so we're taking my speeder out there." Komad replied. "I've also been meaning to ask you something. I was wondering if in few years, when he's around Kalla's age, you'd like to take my son Andros on as your apprentice. Greea and I agree that you would be an excellent teacher for him."

Jun-la pondered for a moment. Andros Kallas, should she accept would be the first apprentice she had in ten years. The last one was one of her people whom decided that he would best serve by remaining on Avalon. She decided not to teach anymore and instead explore the hidden mysteries of the Force. Turnign away and never looking back, she travelled beyond what she had travelled, seeking out anything with reference to the Force, living alone. She came back occasionally to keep up with news of the Republic and check on her father but never took another apprentice. Now that she was presented with an opportunity, she was at a loss. Her mind said that she gave it up but her heart said that it was her duty. Taking the duty to her heart route she replied, "When the time comes and he is ready, I will teach him." She then began to lead the way to the meditation wing.

Tulre Starlighter was said to be named for his grandfather but he didn't act like him at all, at least how he was known in the archives. He believed in what his father taught him that love doesn't lead to the darkside and all that but he was more prone to using his personal feelings instead of rational thought. His chief flaw was his lovesick boy ways over a girl he had met on Avalon when he went to study Shi-Cho methods. Because of her, he joined the Bushida ranks and quite excelled himself. He was determined to win her notice. His sister thought it a waste of time but he knew her well. She had the same problem but was content to follow the old way of no attachments. Due to that, they were separated for about ten years of so. Now that Tulre had returned, he went in search of Komad Kaltas and his sister for an update on news from the Republic's end. He came across the party making their way to the meditation wing. He greeted Komad first, "Master Kaltas, by the Morning Star you look well." To his sister he addressed, "Sister, it has been a long time."

Tulre noticed the look on his sister's face and it confirmed what Master Kaltas said. He replied, "I have but just arrived. I do know that Father enjoys meditation wherever he is."

Jun-la answered her brother, "We are heading to the meditation wing, perhaps Father is there, lost in the Force as usual."

"Then I agree that we should head there first," Tulre said.

"There is no need," a gentle voice called out. Jun-la and Tulre looked to see their beloved father coming from one of the side passages. He had aged quite a bit allowing his light brown hair to become a distinguished shade of grey. His green eyes however were lively as ever. He repeated himself, "There is no need to seek me out. I know."

"No," Andros replied. "It's not in his character. It is his way to hide behind the main event."

"Besides Master Komad," Jun-la entered, "The attacks on the Republic scout vessels were done by an age old enemy that has been in existence since the havens of Avalon were created."

"Aye the place where the Force began," Andros replied thoughtfully. It was an old story told to younger generations on Avalon. It is said the system was where the Force began, where the first true Force users came from. It contradicted the stories told of the Valley of the Jedi but then again Avalonians have been traveling throughout the galaxy since before the Republic.

Andros said othing else but got a faraway look in his eyes.

Archived