Home

Can't get the parrot chow

mojo-chan

I need to get the parrot chow in MI2, but can't get to the deck of Dread's ship to pick it up. Every time I go to the ship he asks where I want to go and takes me to the map screen. I can only click on the islands, anywhere else and he just says it's forbidden.

How can I get the parrot chow now?

If I remember it right, when Dread is shipping you to any of the islands, you'll find yourself on deck of the ship. If he's still refusing to bring you anywhere because it's forbidden, you'll have to lift Largo's embargo first, and before that you won't need that the parrot chow anyway. :)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

No, that's not a solution to the problem. If you don't get the parrot chow from the start, and start exploring the other islands, you can't ever talk to Dread again or look around his ship. I don't know what there is to do but restart my game, unless there's a save game editor for Monkey Island 2.

I'm sure you can. I remember specifically wanting to do that, and I'm almost certain I found a way of doing it (although I can't remember how).

Try using different commands on the ship rather than just clicking straight on it, and try clicking on the ship once you're in the map. Just guessing.

I guess once I eventually replay these games, if you're still struggling I'll have a look myself. :D

I'm sure you can. I remember specifically wanting to do that, and I'm almost certain I found a way of doing it (although I can't remember how).

Try using different commands on the ship rather than just clicking straight on it, and try clicking on the ship once you're in the map. Just guessing.

I guess once I eventually replay these games, if you're still struggling I'll have a look myself. :D

Thanks for that, I'll try experimenting a bit more.

Edit: Tried what you said, and didn't have any luck. You can't even see the ship when you're on the map screen, and none of the commands let me access the ship.

No, that's not a solution to the problem. If you don't get the parrot chow from the start, and start exploring the other islands, you can't ever talk to Dread again or look around his ship. I don't know what there is to do but restart my game, unless there's a save game editor for Monkey Island 2.

Try clicking *outside* of the map.

If the game immediately shows you the map whenever Dread asks you where you want to go, you've either already got the parrot chow or it's a bug. When you don't have the parrot chow and you go to Dread, a dialog list should appear that includes the option of telling Dread that you want to sail aimlessly for awhile, which if selected shows you on the outside of the cruising boat just as it did the first time you set sail, allowing you to pick up the parrot chow. Once you have the object, then the game will just go straight to the map to select an island on every future encounter with Dread.

Are you sure you don't already have the chow or have already completed the puzzle involving it?

Archived