Home

IGN Hiring: please look

Venom750

As you can guess from the title IGN London are hiring read below to see about it

http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/articles/825/825234p1.html

As an entry you need to write 500 words about a game of your choice I decide to write about Star wars Knights of the old republic and I have written about it here

Star Wars: Knights of The old republic

The Canadian developers Bioware is well known for making great RPG weather it be Baldur’s gate or Jade Empire, Bioware offers you a great role playing experience no matter what you own personal taste. This is exactly the case with one of Bioware greatest achievement to date Star Wars Knights of the old Republic .This games draw’s you in from the get go as soon as you see the start menu, your nemesis the towing sith lord Malak staring at you almost daring you to play the game. From then on you create you own character. There are three basic classes, the soldier is straightforward but very strong, and he or she begins with proficiencies in various types of weapons and armour and gains the most vitality points per experience level. The scout is slightly less tough than the soldier but gains more skill points per level, thus allowing him or her to do such things as repair droids, pick locks, and disarm land mines. The scoundrel is physically the weakest class but can disappear from sight by using stealth abilities while in stealth he or she can inflict great damage if a foe is caught from behind. Your choice of gender also has a bearing on the outcomes of some situations. From here you press start and this is where the legendary star wars music kicks in and your thrust into the star wars universe where fighters blast away at the ship your on and suddenly your in the middle of a battle, this is where your adventure starts.

In the game you will explore many different areas, interact with many different characters, settle many different disputes, solve many different puzzles, and engage in plenty of combat. Combat appears to be in real time but actually uses a turn-based system, which means that your character's statistics, attributes and your strategy which you will have to keep adapting to different situation. You don’t under take the game alone you have 9 party member with you in the game some you have to take with you some not so much but you spend many hour laughing and sobbing with them especially with your own lovable assassin droid whose funny story will have you spending many hour talking to him just to hear the same story over and over again. All through out the game you will be given choice’s to make and depending on what options you choice you gain point towards either the light side or dark which is the centre of the star wars universe. These can range from mundane choice to choice that will decide you overall fate within the game. Unlike other games you'll always be an active participant in the storyline, rather than an observer.

You can do so much in the game from becoming a bounty hunter to an assassin; You'll investigate murders, resolve cultural disputes, find a cure for a deadly disease, take sides or play both sides against each other in various conflicts. There's just a lot to see and do in this game, and it'll last you a good 40 hours from start to finish, I myself was finding excuses to play the game anything from five more minutes to making up reason to stay off from college. Plus it has great replay value; you always want to go back to it and do it with another gender, class, side (light or dark). No matter how you play the game this is one of the greatest RPG around and it will have you searching deep inside yourself to make the hard choice.

I've made some minor amendments plus i don't know if the gammar is right or not because american spell thing different form british people will have to look into it

Now any comment about the article or pointers to help with it would be much appreciated. Please do not post random stuff for the sack of it

Thank you for Looking and helping me out

Much of it seems to be plagued by grammatical errors. Are you making sure to read this out loud in your head (err... I think that make sense. :D) to see if everything is sounding right?

Also, I very much appreciate it when a reviewer passes on his own feeling of being at ease with what he's writing about through his prose. Almost like he's writing a review for an old friend he's completely comfortable expressing his thoughts, lame jokes, and feelings with.

Im not so sure of the requirements of the 500 word game of your choice article so il be as succinct as possible. It is quite descriptive of the game but if i were to do it, i would add more of a personal touch. Just a little bone throw now and then as to why this game alone means so much to me.

But that is just me. My reasoning behind this would be that i love games specifically this game so much that to write something so cold and without face does not express my passion and show the true personality of me as a gamer.

If it were me, I would loosen it up a little more, and make it less formal, almost write it in such a way as if I was talking to somebody I knew. I read somewhere that this makes people feel at ease, or something.

I think one of my friends applied for real, its something he be really good at, the only problem being that you'd either have to live in London, or live somewhere within a reasonable commuting distance.

Archived