Home

Grim fandango 2 !

kolto

I have thinking abuot Grim fandango 2 "release" :smash:

but the 1th GF was created at 1998 now its 2007 its 9 years past

don't you think that they don't want or forget to create it????

i hope that i'm wrong but what if......??..hm...hmmmmmmm... :smash:

if i'm are right wee all are doomed........ :firemad::firemad::firemad:

sory for bad english I'm from LITHUANIA !

I want to see a 10th Anniversary Addition. Or at least something to commemorate the 10th Anniversary. The fans are still here, the fans have remained loyal and the game still holds a special place in our heart. Please, give us all something to celebrate.

• 1 month later...

I suppose it would be highly illegal if we went to the trouble of making a package our selves? Maybe we should compile a bittorrent package of the game, the OST, and all the original artwork from GF.net, then maybe one of us could make a special program to celebrate, like as simple as a screensaver to complex as an added level to the game. God I wished I majored in CS.

What does everyone think, when I go to graduate school should I go for a physics degree or sacrifice what's left of my opportunities to computer science?

I suppose it would be highly illegal if we went to the trouble of making a package our selves? Maybe we should compile a bittorrent package of the game, the OST, and all the original artwork from GF.net, then maybe one of us could make a special program to celebrate, like as simple as a screensaver to complex as an added level to the game. God I wished I majored in CS.

What does everyone think, when I go to graduate school should I go for a physics degree or sacrifice what's left of my opportunities to computer science?

Haha, a DIY GF 10th Anniversary Edition, that would be something!

• 2 weeks later...
hmmm one more year and we'll have a 10th anniversary. Maybe we can make enough noise that Tim Schafer and people with money will notice.

Well Tim Schafer has become almost deaf from the large amount of noise that people have been making for the past few years. But its painfully obvious that he doesn't want to create a new Grim Fandango game and merely wants to create other games.

What I am really hoping for is an actual remake of Grim Fandango. Since even if Tim created a sequel he couldn't use Manny since he would have to create some really bogus plot if he did. If he created a new Protagonist people would start to complain saying the new protagonist is "nothing on Manny".

So in reality if Tim wants to have a very large amount of money. I would suggest a remake of Grim Fandango. With a new engine and make it a console game as well. Since in my view Grim Fandango would go pretty well as a console game.

Why was the game swept away from the site in the first place?

Probably the same reason Ninja: Shadow of Darkness disappeared on the Eidos Interactive site. They probably don't think the fan base for the game is big enough so they try to make it seem it no longer exists.

I don't know I am just speculating here

• 3 weeks later...
It just stopped being updated, so no. James Isaac is a mod here and was working on it I believe but I haven't seen him in a while. :(

Basically we got a reasonable amount done on the project, however all the people who work on it have to take 'time off' for school/college/exams or whatever, so we were finding it hard to work together as a team properly. For example, at the time a few months ago when our 3D modeller was creating weapons he wasn't able to get the animations working properly with Half-Life 2's QC animations, and our expert on that sort of thing was nowhere to be seen, so we hit a standstill with that.

We're actually planning on attempting to revive the project within the next month, as that seems to be when most of the team have free time, and I'll put a notice out on the DOD saying that we're looking for more people to help out with it.

I'm sure there would be a lot of people interested in helping with it. When we posted about it on the steam forums there was a surprisingly positive reply, with many people commenting on how it could be great if it's done well. The only problem is reaching people to make them aware of the project...

By the way if anyone on the forum is interested in helping out can you let me know? http://www.grim-fandango.com/contact.php . With a proper team we wouldn't be too far away from reaching something playable.

I just got 3dmax. If someone can give me a quick tutorial on modeling I can help out. I have a lot of free time now

Great :)

Steve says (21:13):

i'd suggest registering on http://www.3dbuzz.com and checking out their free training videos on 3DS max

Steve says (21:14):

they use versions 4 or 5 in the videos, but the tools they use are in the newer versions too

Archived