Home

help with uninstallation

Darth_Raptura

well, due to some recent rouble that I am having with my KotOR2 game, I decided to uninstall, but this has led to another problem. I click on the uninstall shortcut in my C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\LucasArts\Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic II - The Sith Lords menu and is says that it cannot find the shortcut, so uninstallation does not happen. can somebody help me please?

I don't think I've deleted some files, since my previous installation was just a short while ago.

I am unsure about viruses.

Mods, yes. This site does have a lot of ones I have recently installed. Do you think they could have completely removed the unistall function?

As far as the disk menu goes, the only thing I get on it are "Game, Configure, Update, Register, and exit." are you sure I can uninstall from here?

I don't think I've deleted some files, since my previous installation was just a short while ago.

I am unsure about viruses.

Mods, yes. This site does have a lot of ones I have recently installed. Do you think they could have completely removed the unistall function?

As far as the disk menu goes, the only thing I get on it are "Game, Configure, Update, Register, and exit." are you sure I can uninstall from here?

If you are able to uninstall from the disk menu I have not figured out how. Then again when I uninstalled my game due to mod conflictions I just did the Add/Remove Programs in my computer's control panel.

Yeah I had the same problem as you Darth_Raptura. It can get very frustrating.

If you are able to uninstall from the disk menu I have not figured out how.

Sorry everyone, I got that one wrong, I confused it with another game I'm playing. (The KotOR disk is in the other drive and has been sitting there for a while.) I'm sorry to have caused confusion on this point. I usually uninstall (if I do) by deleting the directory and the registry entries. That way, re-installing usually poses no problems.

No problem. The first time I uninstalled my game I was like "a control what?" All you gotta do is hit go to your computers control panel (If ya dont know where it is you should be able to get to it by hitting the start button on ur screen.) It comes up as one of the 1st options in that menu on my computer. Once you get into the control panel there should be a whole bunch of icons. Just go to the one labled "add or remove program" Once the list of ur programs comes up you can simply click the program and click the "change/remove" button. Thats it!

Have a good game! :shads3:

all right, thank you. I'll try to do that on friday. I can't until then because I have shcool to keep me pretty busy.

EDIT:

okay, the previously mentioned mentod did not work, but there is good news. I found this thread.

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=183620

so if anyone has the same uninstallation problem as me, they should go here. It really works!

Archived